Born again??

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I had a chat with my brother in Christ and we were discussing about sinner's prayer until he mentioned that being born again is a process, that it is not just in a blink of an eye and you are born again.. is this true?? Cause base on my experience, I think it's not..

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

I believe for some people they are saved and born again at once, and others are not.  I first was convicted of sin, repented  and decided to follow Christ when I was in the 8th grade.  But I had a lot of bad teaching and was caught in a web of trying to be good enough to go to heaven.  Deception.  Even though I was baptized, it took some years for me to understand that salvation is by faith.  So I backslid and came back to God in 1970.  This time when I was convicted of sin I knew I was lost and could never be good enough.  Only God's mercy would save me.  Again I start walking in the Spirit obeying that which He showed me to do.  Finally I surrendered all-- all my doubts, struggles and resistance, all my questions and every area of my life.  That was when the Holy Spirit came upon me and I knew but I knew God.  Every word of the Bible came alive to me and was pertinent.  Joy flooded over me for days.  

Some people call it a second blessing.  I haven't figured it all out.  I began in the Spirit in the 8th grade and started over in the Spirit when I was 25.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

I agree with willa, we are all so different that our transformation is not necessarily generic.  For some it is a process, for others it is immediate.  It's not that God is different, He is the same for everyone, but not everyone is truly ready to submit themselves to God.  At a moment, they may respond with emotion, but what is truly in their heart only God knows.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,776
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

On 1/10/2019 at 9:38 PM, SisterCess said:

I had a chat with my brother in Christ and we were discussing about sinner's prayer until he mentioned that being born again is a process, that it is not just in a blink of an eye and you are born again.. is this true?? Cause base on my experience, I think it's not..

Reading your post I am left with the question., 

Do we need the sinners prayer to inherit a place in Heaven, even a place amongs those who are too busy with the cares of this life? 

A place amongs those who loved this world....

A place amongs those who practice iniquity, a place amongs the so-call "Goats"? 

Is Heaven only for the disciples, or missionaries, or those who are martyrs of the faith of Jesus Christ? 

Do we need our own righteousness for a place in Heaven? 

Edited by Your closest friendnt

1 hour ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Do we need the sinners prayer to inherit a place in Heaven, even a place amongs those who are too busy with the cares of this life? 

No.. we dont need the sinner's prayer.. all we need is Jesus and by humbling ourselves in His Presence, confessing our sins, ask for forgiveness and repent and be baptized is what we need to do in order for us to be born again.. because by faith and by believing the Gospel, you have already accepted Jesus Christ into your heart, you dont need to ask Jesus to come into your heart.. cause the moment you truly believed and repented, that's when Jesus Christ will come into your heart..

Edited by SisterCess

10 minutes ago, SisterCess said:

No.. we dont need the sinner's prayer.. all we need is Jesus and by humbling ourselves in His Presence, confessing our sins, ask for forgiveness and repent and be baptized is what we need to do in order for us to be born again.. because by faith and by believing the Gospe, you have already accepted Jesus Christ into your heart, you dont need to say "Come in to my heart".. 

If you want to make very simple, all we need is to believe, if it us by faith alone in the work of Jesus Christ.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yes.. it is that simple.. there's no need for sinner's prayer but encourage the person to come to his/her secret closet and confess his/her every little or big sins, ask for forgiveness and repent and start reading the Bible...  let us all follow what the Apostles did back then cause I believe, if they turned the world upside down that way, we too can do that by the Help of the Holy Spirit...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  788
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

I was once at a conference and the speaker did a quick survey of the audience, asking if they could put a date (or even time) on when they were born again.

About two-thirds of us could point to a specific day/moment when we were born again. For the other third, it had been a long-drawn-out process.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,770
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The confusion lies in sin as it's fruit is thus... God has told us all 

1 Cor 8:2-3

2 And if any man think that he knoweth anything, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.

3 But if any man love God, the same is known of him.
KJV

Why this is true is in sanctification … the complete and perfect division of light and darkness 

1 John 1:5

5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
KJV

John 12:46

46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.
KJV

We were born in darkness into a dark place the only resource to light is rebirth and s/Spirit fusing Scripture into that new birth...

12 hours ago, SisterCess said:

Yes.. it is that simple.. there's no need for sinner's prayer but encourage the person to come to his/her secret closet and confess his/her every little or big sins, ask for forgiveness and repent and start reading the Bible...  let us all follow what the Apostles did back then cause I believe, if they turned the world upside down that way, we too can do that by the Help of the Holy Spirit...

I accept your point, to a certain extent,  the sinners prayer it seems to be model from the early times of the ministry, where they had to cleanced the people before they presented them to the Lord.

As it was at the begining so it is with the sinners prayer it seems to  judge faith in Jesus Christ without works.

can be used to judge others as not being saved, it misleads people to think that they were not saved, when in fact they were saved before the prayer was said, as it is said by people who believe. 
Jesus accepts the faith of anyone who believes in him with no repentance or with repentance. 

The people may accept the fellowship of repented believers in their congregations only. 

But Jesus is not the same. 

In his name he accepts the faith and saves people outside the congregation and their rules. Amen.