SkilletFan

A hiatus in all seriousness

3 hours ago, SkilletFan said:

Well, I have gotten a lot of comments, some of them behind the scenes, prayer, etc... I'm going to put this thread on ice and think over what direction God leads me.

Just saying… I don’t want you to go, but respect what you’re saying. 

Just praying … Father in heaven, keep Skillet forever in the palm of Your hand.  May You guide him and teach him in the way he should go and give him peace.  We all here at Worthy love him as our brother in Christ, and we ask You to bless him always so that surely goodness and mercy shall follow him all the days of his life.  In Jesus Wonderful name we pray...

Selah:emot-heartbeat:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

9 hours ago, SkilletFan said:

My emotions run a bit high sometimes and I think I want to leave for awhile. It would be much better that I did than cause any problems for people. However, I want to do this right - I want to make sure that I have asked all the questions I need to and do not need more help, then allow myself to grow in faith privately, and I also want to make sure that I don't leave in the middle of anything - like what if someone needed my help somehow, some way, and I left before they could reach out?

I have said I wanted to leave the forum/Chat before, but the timing was simply not right. What I need to do is leave after everything has been sorted out and I do not have hard feelings or anger at anyone. That is the best time to leave.

I'm just not emotionally mature enough right now to handle a forum/chat and rather than go down in a burning blaze, I will always be honest and practice a bit of discipline on myself so that it doesn't come to where other people have to.

Hi Skillet ,please pm me if you have any questions, I'm here to help you, don't forget people will ALWAYS disappoint us but God never will. We have to live by facts and not really by feelings because feelings can deceive us easily. You're right the Christian life is not always easy but it's a much better life, it gives us hope for the future to know we have a Savior who loves us so much that He died for us and He's preparing a place so we can be where He is. Don't get discouraged by people ,people fail us all the time,go to God with your problems,He has all the answers , my plan for today is to read Gods word and if you do that,you will feel much closer to God then chatting on the Internet ,trust God my friend and things will fall into place, don't listen to the enemy who wants to discourage you. 

6. "Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.  Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God." Eph. 6:11-17

248448_orig.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay thanks angels. I wanted to also clarify that people are not bothering me. I owe myself better than to be bothered over a hour or two by something said. Rather my own worst enemy is myself.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, SkilletFan said:

Okay thanks angels. I wanted to also clarify that people are not bothering me. I owe myself better than to be bothered over a hour or two by something said. Rather my own worst enemy is myself.

If you want and something is bothering you ,feel free to pm me and I can talk to you, remember we're dealing with people and people are not perfect and God isn't done with any of us yet :) But the good news is that God is perfect in all His ways :)

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, angels4u said:

If you want and something is bothering you ,feel free to pm me and I can talk to you, remember we're dealing with people and people are not perfect and God isn't done with any of us yet :) But the good news is that God is perfect in all His ways :)

Okay. I'll probably end up taking you up on that offer. I just woke up.

But I will probably just end up saying that I want to end up having an above-average subscription and understanding to the subject of ethics/morality and won't be happy until I achieve it. And that I will be dedicating a lot of time to reading and studies, but that after I said I wanted to leave, some members said some things to me that really touched my heart - and since they respected me, I also want to respect them by not disappearing from their lives.
  • Thumbs Up 2

I support your decision!

Like, yeah I'll miss you, but I would gladly take a break from Worthy if it were hindering me from focusing on God, my husband, work, or my friends! I can't be on all the time.

Live long and prosper! There's a Star Wars reference for ya!

I'm happy for you! Follow God, get plugged into a church with Godly men who will sharpen you like iron and hold you accountable. Stay pure but find a wife who loves the Lord and who will respect you as the head of the marriage!

Go make your mark on the world in whatever career or vocation that works for you!

Go, brother, Go!

Just come back and see us sometimes!

• Praise God! 1

Just now, naominash said:

I support your decision!

Like, yeah I'll miss you, but I would gladly take a break from Worthy if it were hindering me from focusing on God, my husband, work, or my friends! I can't be on all the time.

Live long and prosper! There's a Star Wars reference for ya!

I'm happy for you! Follow God, get plugged into a church with Godly men who will sharpen you like iron and hold you accountable. Stay pure but find a wife who loves the Lord and who will respect you as the head of the marriage!

Go make your mark on the world in whatever career or vocation that works for you!

Go, brother, Go!

Just come back and see us sometimes!

Thank you. To be transparent, I'm just going to do something in between. I'm going to go to church. But leaving the website would be a very drastic decision to make.

I'm also toying with the idea of never getting married and staying single.

• Praise God! 1

3 minutes ago, SkilletFan said:

Thank you. To be transparent, I'm just going to do something in between. I'm going to go to church. But leaving the website would be a very drastic decision to make.

I'm also toying with the idea of never getting married and staying single.

Oh. Then stay, brother, stay!

I thought you were set on leaving!

I mean, you can do the Paul-single thing. But only if its not a burden. Both singleness and marriage are good states for Christians.

• Praise God! 1

Just now, naominash said:

Oh. Then stay, brother, stay!

I thought you were set on leaving!

I mean, you can do the Paul-single thing. But only if its not a burden. Both singleness and marriage are good states for Christians.

Sorry I was growing hard and pretty set on leaving because I was really set on doing more real life activities. But I just don't think God would have had people reach out and tell me how much I mean to them, then call me to turn my gaze and harden my heart. So I will tackle my real life responsibilities, but should soften my heart.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

4 minutes ago, SkilletFan said:

Sorry I was growing hard and pretty set on leaving because I was really set on doing more real life activities. But I just don't think God would have had people reach out and tell me how much I mean to them, then call me to turn my gaze and harden my heart. So I will tackle my real life responsibilities, but should soften my heart.

Ha, I know what you mean, but this is real life too.  And as a reminder, I met my real life Christian helpmate on a Christian message board.

• Praise God! 1