SkilletFan

A hiatus in all seriousness

My emotions run a bit high sometimes and I think I want to leave for awhile. It would be much better that I did than cause any problems for people. However, I want to do this right - I want to make sure that I have asked all the questions I need to and do not need more help, then allow myself to grow in faith privately, and I also want to make sure that I don't leave in the middle of anything - like what if someone needed my help somehow, some way, and I left before they could reach out?

I have said I wanted to leave the forum/Chat before, but the timing was simply not right. What I need to do is leave after everything has been sorted out and I do not have hard feelings or anger at anyone. That is the best time to leave.

I'm just not emotionally mature enough right now to handle a forum/chat and rather than go down in a burning blaze, I will always be honest and practice a bit of discipline on myself so that it doesn't come to where other people have to.
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying for You! 2

Skillet brother I am praying for you right now.  

• Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, Frances said:

Skillet brother I am praying for you right now.  

Thank you. I have spent a lot of time here because I needed the milk. But I also have some responsibilities in real life that I am getting behind on. I promise I will be back if two things happen. One, I develop a deep understanding of the Bible where I can have deeper discussions and may be needed here for that reason, as it may be my calling for that to happen. Two, I feel in my heart I can be here and not become emotionally invested in things that do not affect my eternal salvation directly. So you guys hold the place down, okay? :)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

You guys can pray for me. I appreciate that. But let's not be gloomy about my departure. Let's throw a crazy forum party. To be transparent, yes I am leaving, nothing will change my mind. Nothing. But shouldn't we be rejoicing in the fact that this forum has brought me to God, and I am ready to make waves and dedicate time to church and see what real life has to offer me these days, but just need to get away from it all because I am not ready for the middle zone where I outgrew milk but am not ready to use these forums the way I want to - witnessing to others? I'm going to read this thread until the morning, so you guys wipe away the tears and send me off well.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hello maybe you just be on too much sometimes.i know i did that before myself.I rememmber i would just take a few days off..And it did seem to be good for me when i did. And you say "real life"to me this is real life also.But anyway i hope to see you back.You seem to be very Honest and not afraid to be real.👍 

Praying now

22 minutes ago, shanee said:

Hello maybe you just be on too much sometimes.i know i did that before myself.I rememmber i would just take a few days off..And it did seem to be good for me when i did. And you say "real life"to me this is real life also.But anyway i hope to see you back.You seem to be very Honest and not afraid to be real.👍 

Praying now

Okay so after I posted these messages, a small outreach of people suggested that I simply spend less time here. It was just an okay idea, I found. Then I thought some more and thought, Sunday is a day of rest. I should do nothing on Sunday that is hard work. So after church each Sunday, maybe I should get on here?

Frankly I am worried about my wild heart too. People tell me I am nice. But my wild, untamed heart might get me in trouble. For example, the other day a couple of people were talking a deep subject in Chat and I didn't like the way certain elements of the conversation was going. So I said I was bored and was a little frustrated and started talking cheese and crackers over the top of them to be funny. I'm sure this wasn't the only situation that I could have handled just a little better either. But the fact is, live chat is hard. And I'm not at the point where I am really well grounded yet and spending days on end without getting upset. So we will see what happens, but I do have some challenges ahead.
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

8 minutes ago, SkilletFan said:

Okay so after I posted these messages, a small outreach of people suggested that I simply spend less time here. It was just an okay idea, I found. Then I thought some more and thought, Sunday is a day of rest. I should do nothing on Sunday that is hard work. So after church each Sunday, maybe I should get on here?

Frankly I am worried about my wild heart too. People tell me I am nice. But my wild, untamed heart might get me in trouble. For example, the other day a couple of people were talking a deep subject in Chat and I didn't like the way certain elements of the conversation was going. So I said I was bored and was a little frustrated and started talking cheese and crackers over the top of them to be funny. I'm sure this wasn't the only situation that I could have handled just a little better either. But the fact is, live chat is hard. And I'm not at the point where I am really well grounded yet and spending days on end without getting upset. So we will see what happens, but I do have some challenges ahead.

Hi, well just try and be respectful and if someone is not being respectful to you you can report them.even if you have a disagreement with a Servant you can report to another Servant.(might be a good idea to get screen shot if in chat)And try and be patient for the outcome.👍

Just now, shanee said:

Hi, well just try and be respectful and if someone is not being respectful to you you can report them.even if you have a disagreement with a Servant you can report to another Servant.(might be a good idea to get screen shot if in chat)And try and be patient for the outcome.👍

Okay I am not big on reporting people. I'm really, really not. And a mod was there at the time - they simply expressed that they were bored too, like me, but I never pressed the issue on anything because I felt no real rules were being broken.

Still, I find it better to be the bigger person, and not get upset in such a way that anything becomes a real issue. I really don't report people often and I hope that the same mercy is kind of extended to me :).

• Thumbs Up 1

I simply make an attempt at holding myself to the same standards I would expect from a Best Friend Forever if I had one. If I achieve such a high patience level within the next 3 or 6 months, it will bring me tears of joy.

• Praise God! 1

Well, I have gotten a lot of comments, some of them behind the scenes, prayer, etc... I'm going to put this thread on ice and think over what direction God leads me.

• Thumbs Up 1