• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

1 Corinthians 9:24-27 (KJV)
24  Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.
25  And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.
26  I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:
27  But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Philippians 2:16 (KJV)   Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.
Philippians 3:14 (KJV)   I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

2 Timothy 4:7-8 (KJV)
7  I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
8  Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

Hebrews 12:1 (KJV)
1  Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

James 1:12 (KJV)
12  Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

Revelation 3:11 (KJV)
11  Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

@Bible_Gazer

Yes it is, as in multiple places in scripture as you have shown. 

But what is it, or whom is it, we are in competition with or against? 

It is not against any other man or believer. 

It is only against “self vs Christ”. Which one will have the mastery. How much of the one vs how much of the other. For to the degree one grows the other must diminish, for only one can be king or ruler in the heart. 

Which is to the degree of our eternal reward.  For to the degree Christ is formed in us in the now is to the degree we will be able to manifest Him for all eternity. For Christ is love, so it could be said that he that has the most of Christ will be able to love their brothers and sisters the more. 

Blessings as we press into the One who died for us so we can know Him personally, as a ever present friend. 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

Edited by Not me