naominash

Priorities - Where is 'Me' on the List?

24 minutes ago, PromisesPromises! said:

God can use even what you consider to be a weakness for your benefit!  Carrying twenty grocery bags, especially if they have cans and not potato chips in them, can be great exercise, lol! 

Do you mean this really?

Is it really okay to tell someone they should enjoy carrying an extra heavy load that's difficult and not ask for help--- for exercise?

If being a Christian is about never asking for help and learning to enjoy heavy burdens, I have no chance.

I hope you never have to carry anything like that if there's someone who can help.

I hope they offer to carry some for you.

I got the impression she was trying to exemplify a way to try and find a positive in diversity that will lead to contentment

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

7 minutes ago, Mike 2 said:

I understand what you are saying but when you dig down into it looks like you are really only doing what Ioften catch myself doing, thinking of myself and how I look in a worldly way (and you have said how that works out ...irritated).

My being with the other person is to do this together. That is the gauge I have learned to use. When I'm doing something with someone, I'm doing something with someone , not by myself but together. That's the joy in the Lord, being in relationship.

I completely understand that some things we have to do for someone because they can't, but there is always an opportunity do do a part of that with them.

All the things you have listed aren't worth doing if they aren't intended to be done in a relationship that includes a component of love and togetherness. Why do it? What's the benefit?

How do we find the "me benefit" in all of that?

How do we say to ourselves 'I have to say no to this one'?

Maybe I should show my hand.

Im married. I am a two months away from having zero income because my workplace thinks my job is an unnecessary expense. I am the only one working. 

I'm tired and I have no one to talk to. No one else knows I pay for things alone, work, then come home and do chores. I am trying to keep up appearances. 

I go to church alone most weekends and pray for strength to keep giving.

And ppl keep telling me to have joy and cheer up and give more of myself with joy.

I'm at 110 percent and I don't have the luxury of free time just for me. I come last and it seems like thats my lot in life.

I guess I need to not post right now. 

I have 20 grocery bags to pick up with a cheerful heart.

eww you've got a big load right now. 

Bear with me here...

Anger comes from fear......

fear comes from a sense of a loss of control......

a sense of a loss of control is when we feel someone else holds the reigns of my life in their hands. I think you are at this point right now.

The reality is, we are not in control of anything.... God is, or the devil is (temporarily). There is no third.

If we think we are in control then we are not acknowledging that God is in control , and if it's not God it must be......

All we can do is react to what is happening and how we react will be based on who or what we look to for that response.

You are so blessed that you know you have a Lord that will look out for you and will give you the right direction on how to react to what is happening in this stressful time of your life. Many aren't! Who are you going to let hold the reigns and look to for direction?

I know this sounds idealistic (is that a word?) but it has helped me when I was going through a real bad career thing about 4 years ago. Debt piling up, afraid of losing the house and how I would look in front of others. I ended up having a wonderful job drop in my lap because of building into the relationships that you have laid out in your OP.

Stick with it sister your job situation or your spouses could turn out for the better. 

Still wouldn't want to go through what you're going through. That sucks.

I also think you should positively carve out a piece of selfish time.

I call it that because that's the way you're going to feel.

But you need it or you're going to burn out and break down.

41 minutes ago, naominash said:

Maybe I should show my hand.

Im married. I am a two months away from having zero income because my workplace thinks my job is an unnecessary expense. I am the only one working. 

I'm tired and I have no one to talk to. No one else knows I pay for things alone, work, then come home and do chores. I am trying to keep up appearances. 

I go to church alone most weekends and pray for strength to keep giving.

And ppl keep telling me to have joy and cheer up and give more of myself with joy.

I'm at 110 percent and I don't have the luxury of free time just for me. I come last and it seems like thats my lot in life.

I guess I need to not post right now. 

I have 20 grocery bags to pick up with a cheerful heart.

Praying for you sister, but I do have one question for you to ponder.  When was your last day of rest?  Keep in mind, the Lord calls for us to take a sabbath rest, if you have been neglecting your day of rest, it may benefit you to start making this part of your weekly plans.

God bless

3 hours ago, naominash said:

How do think a person should prioritize themselves?

I feel like Scripture says to look to the interest of others. But it doesn't mean we should never look out for ourselves.

Ever heard the phrase Martha , Martha ye are trouble about many things .

IF WE PUT JESUS FIRST ,  everthing else WOULD be a JOY TO DO .

Not many folks are telling you this .

Here is the priority .   JESUS , TRUTH ,   FAR Above everything , above even mother , son , daughter , husband wife .

Then  all others before us .

JUST LEARN and focus ON CHRIST .      Here is how I get all joy ,  BY FOLLOWING and OBEYING , KEEPING HIS SAYINGS on my heart ,

by the grace which HIS own Spirit supplies .     For if we love Christ ,  not a single saying of HIS is burdensome .   ITS PURE JOY and HAPPY is the ONE who does them .

• Loved it! 3

Well prayer and study the bible is number one. Play it by ear. Sometimes put off something to get another thing done then go back to it.

2 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

Christ works change of mind and attitude to be as He is

@Mike Mclees your 2 cents is Worthy. Joy rose in my heart.

@PromisesPromises! Your words made me smile because my mindset is to see the blessing in disguise...exercise! 

• Loved it! 2