naominash

Priorities - Where is 'Me' on the List?

1Sheep, I both hear and understand your reply to my post, but I only meant it as an encouragement to Naomi, us blokes get "tunnel vision" and have need to be "awakened" to the reality that is around us, cos sometimes we just don't see what is right in front of us, right under our noses. I both hear and "feel" Naomi's heart beat in her situation, and was only trying to clarify some points. If I have in any way spoken "out of turn," I take this opportunity to humbly apologise, this was not my intention. I beg to differ on your response by saying, "it's none of our business," because it has become our business, simply because Naomi has reached out, asking for help in her circumstance presently.

As always, I hope this helps, God bless.

• Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, Heybro said:

1Sheep, I both hear and understand your reply to my post, but I only meant it as an encouragement to Naomi, us blokes get "tunnel vision" and have need to be "awakened" to the reality that is around us, cos sometimes we just don't see what is right in front of us, right under our noses. I both hear and "feel" Naomi's heart beat in her situation, and was only trying to clarify some points. If I have in any way spoken "out of turn," I take this opportunity to humbly apologise, this was not my intention. I beg to differ on your response by saying, "it's none of our business," because it has become our business, simply because Naomi has reached out, asking for help in her circumstance presently.

As always, I hope this helps, God bless.

I appreciate your reply brother. I do agree with you again on some points. What I meant about 'none of our business' is 'what she hasnt shared' isnt. 

I dont pry. We arent called to pry. We listen encourage and extort. We pray so we can give advice chalked full of wisdom. 

A person will share openly when they feel comfortable and it is not up to me or anyone else to push them into sharing more  . Thats what I meant. I wasnt being contentious. I have a different point of view on it thats all. 

God bless

1Sheep, thank you for reply and clarification and I wholeheartedly comply with you in this matter, I appreciate your insight, and I, like you, don't want to go further than that which has been "laid bare." In relation to Naomi's revealing regarding her husband not wanting people to know his employment status, yes, it's their business, that's a given, and I recognise Naomi honouring her husbands wishes on the matter. At the same time however, there is the "other side of the coin." It was this "side" that I wanted to address, the pride factor that doesn't want people to see, that they might think  less of you. It also seems that he is sitting back and not "putting his hand to the plough," and that was the other issue I wanted to put forth. We continue to prayfully bring all these precious ones before the Throne, in order for more freedom to come to their lives, in their walk with The Lord. Thank you again for your admonition, it is duly noted, we all do see differently, maybe I should tread more "lightly." God bless.

• Thumbs Up 1

Unfortunately many of my priorities are so intertwined its hard to find the balance. Gods obviously my first...and id like to say family next, and in a way it is, but part of taking care of my family is providing for them-which for me translates spending massive amounts of time working, and giving up time with the family. So i would say God first, family second, work a very close third.

1 hour ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi naominash,

Had you on my mind and thought I`d say a few more things. It is often that our expectations drive us. We think we have to achieve this and that in all those areas, when in fact all the Lord tells us to is to place our trust and care in His hands. We will never be able to live up to OUR expectations, which are often our desires to prove ourselves by outward things, whereas God is always about the inward.

So...although it can be quite difficult to `let go,` have a really good look at what you expect of yourself. You OP, first comments tells us a great deal. YOU are trying to accomplish all of them YOURSELF. None of us can do all what the world expects or what other Christians hold up as what we should do. We ONLY should be doing what the Lord desires of us, and that is slow down, relax in Him, don`t try to have a perfect life, house, children, etc etc. Life is about relationships and they should be the focus of our lives.

Relationship throughout the day with the Lord - thanking Him as you do the dishes, praising Him as you go for a walk, reading His word while your children read their books etc. 

Relationship with you husband, speaking encouraging words, asking for help, being interested in his thoughts....

Relationship with your children, speaking encouraging words, asking for help, being interested in their thoughts....

Relationship with others in the Body of Christ, in daily life, and sometimes maybe in a public meeting situation.

Relationship with unbelievers, in daily life, a friendly word, smile, being interested in them.

all the best, Marilyn.

I agree, Marilyn.   To me, simplicity in our faith and walk with the Lord is always best.   Many years ago I read a classic book called The Threefold Secret of the Holy Spirit.     The author stressed only three things, basically to have repentance, to surrender or walk with Jesus in daily life, and finally to always have Christian love.   This helped me in keeping my faith simple and of having rest in Jesus. 

• This is Worthy 2
  • Praise God! 1