• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  0

Bible Prophecy - Happening Now with Jan Markell (January 2019)        youtube

Social justice into the church …swept in …good works. Immigrants…cirses proportion…

churches that were solid at one time are caving in to this cry of social justice we have to do good..that is what gets into the pulpit becomes the purpose even more so than winning lost souls making room for the immigrant instead of the winning the lost

part of the end times not giving heed to sound doctrine

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,196
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 6:15 AM, existential mabel said:

Bible Prophecy - Happening Now with Jan Markell (January 2019)        youtube

Social justice into the church …swept in …good works. Immigrants…cirses proportion…

churches that were solid at one time are caving in to this cry of social justice we have to do good..that is what gets into the pulpit becomes the purpose even more so than winning lost souls making room for the immigrant instead of the winning the lost

part of the end times not giving heed to sound doctrine

Hi mabel,

Thanks for that. So much infiltrating man`s religious system. and yes, not heeding sound doctrine, but wanting their conscience eased from the cry of humanity. Wrong way though.

And we know that the true Body of Christ is built, matured and kept by the Lord Himself. What an assurance.

Marilyn.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

Hi Mabel and Marilyn

I think there is a variety of names for what you are talking about Mabel.  One is Universalism, another Humanism, another the social gospel etc.  They are pretty much all the same - they appeal to the humanitarian side of human beings to the point where the real gospel is ignored and the social gospel takes over.  It is a worldly religion.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello Sister yes I agree fully…also I was helping out at a food bank from the very beginning of when it suddenly got a lot bigger.  I was at times, well most of the time single handily doing this. No one else would come on board as the sheer scale of it. Never been afraid of hard work it just people I cant cope with!!!

Right from the get go I felt wretched I just couldn’t understand why it made no sense …at last I was doing something useful and  I was very good at it.  to say I was on my own doing it… I got help from time to time but not often. But I wasn’t fazed

In the end I believe that maybe the Lord made an exit for me = health blip.

Whilst I was doing the food bank I saw that the government were getting more involved and that made me very uneasy. But I kept saying to myself I am doing a good thing. But it just wouldn’t go away. I thought gee I am so pedantic what on earth is wrong with me.

The interesting thing was 14 months later I went to go and see the pastor at that church to say that I would be returning and then on the way there I had a very unsettling text from one of my sibs and never got there. So I took that as confirmation that the Lord was indeed directing me away from further involvement. Gee so what does he want me to do? its Now some 16 months later.

And I think that the church were told not to mention the bible can you believe that!! Just help the person.

Which reminds me of the scripture where the people follow Jesus because he fed them food and not the spiritual …

• Thumbs Up 2

Hi mabel,

So very true. Glad you had the unsettling of the Holy Spirit.

Over the centuries it has always been believers who have helped the poor, sick, dying etc. However, as you noted, they shared God`s love and way of salvation, the very thing the governments don`t want us to share. So instead, religious organisations are turning into government charities. There are plenty of those without Christians gagging themselves from speaking the very truths that would release people.

Well done for seeing the `hook.` Marilyn.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

5 hours ago, existential mabel said:

I thought gee I am so pedantic what on earth is wrong with me.

Nothing, Mabel - when people are gagged in order to "not offend" the people they are helping, this is the social gospel.

I quit doing chaplaincy in our schools for a similar reason.  I was not allowed to preach or teach or even tell the children about Jesus.  We were employed to be counsellors more than anything else.

3 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

So instead, religious organisations are turning into government charities.

Agreed Maz.  With our food program, we will not accept Government grants as it places obligations on the group of people giving, and we will not be beholden to them.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

6 hours ago, SisterActs2 said:

Nothing, Mabel - when people are gagged in order to "not offend" the people they are helping, this is the social gospel.

I quit doing chaplaincy in our schools for a similar reason.  I was not allowed to preach or teach or even tell the children about Jesus.  We were employed to be counsellors more than anything else.

Agreed Maz.  With our food program, we will not accept Government grants as it places obligations on the group of people giving, and we will not be beholden to them.

Hi SisterActs2,

That`s great about your food program not being connected to the government or beholden to them. I know when we visited you how you both work in there with people as well as giving them food. We loved our time with you both and the special fellowship you have there.

all the best, in God`s care, Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1

that really  is fantastic a food program that is off limits to the government. if you stop and think about it, its mostly the church that are involved in the food bank and people dont seem to be able to comprehend that fact. its like they dont even see it. and they assume its secular in its origins and are quite taken aback when i say can you tell me of one company etc that do this.

• Thumbs Up 2