• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

7 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

You advocate forcing folks to pay more in taxes and said you were ok with paying more in taxes. To me it seems obvious. If you wish to pay more, feel free to do so. I pay a high rate as it is and do not have any more to spare. I do not wish to be forced to pay more.

Your paying the same not being force to pay more.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

2 minutes ago, PepperS said:

Personally, I wouldn't want my kids to learn about God at school. That is my responsibility.

Schools get so much incorrect, I sure wouldn't trust them with my children's religious instruction.

There were no class on God when I was in school.  There were, however, the 10 Commandments hanging at the entrance way and a prayer to start the school day.  The only place I know of that had classes on God were the RC schools, which I did not attend.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

One of our beloved leaders was restored from a park bench in Italy because a loving Christian family befriended him.  He was restored to his country where he received medical aid for Parkinson's disease and veterans housing.  He is now with the Lord, but we miss our dear friend, his humor and contribution to Worthy.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, OneLight said:

There were no class on God when I was in school.  There were, however, the 10 Commandments hanging at the entrance way and a prayer to start the school day.  The only place I know of that had classes on God were the RC schools, which I did not attend.

We opened with America the Beautiful or My Country Tis of Thee.  All verses.  

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

2 minutes ago, OneLight said:

4 minutes ago, Willa said:

One of our beloved leaders was restored from a park bench in Italy because a loving Christian family befriended him.  He was restored to his country where he received medical aid for Parkinson's disease and veterans housing.  He is now with the Lord, but we miss our dear friend, his humor and contribution to Worthy.

his humor and contribution to Worthy.

Willa,who are you talking about?

Just now, angels4u said:

Willa,who are you talking about?

Nigel

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, The_Patriot2018 said:

That I don't feel the governments job is to take care of the people, anywhere. Im not suggesting we just drop it and leave people out in the cold, but I would like to see the people step up and help each other more, and slowly phase out welfare and other such programs.

Well I guess we all have our ideals about what the gov. should and shouldn't do.  Frankly I think they should provide everyone with high speed internet. ?:emot-dance:

• Haha 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

27 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

You advocate forcing folks to pay more in taxes and said you were ok with paying more in taxes. To me it seems obvious. If you wish to pay more, feel free to do so. I pay a high rate as it is and do not have any more to spare. I do not wish to be forced to pay more.

Not sure if we have to pay more. Just redirect it to the poor fund. That would work. 

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

If we stop all welfare and section 8 would our taxes,go down ? Or would they find something else to spend it on. Come on people. A good government helps the weak. All I am saying. People don't like paying taxes me too. But if we don't ?

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

25 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

But if we don't ?

If we don't then  then the able bodied and sound minded section 8 people get to doing gainful work instead of sitting around their free house doing nothing except training their kids  to do their next robbery in the neighborhood. Of course local property taxes would go down. The inordinate amount of police calls and fire rescue and ambulance calls to these houses have a tremendous adverse affect on the police and fire department budgets. My own section 8 neighbors have an ADT alarm their kids trip it several times a week and then they run outside and yell about the noise of the alarm and wait for the police cars to arrive. After two false alarm incidents the occupant of a house gets a $50 fine charged, but there is no mechanism that will get them to pay the fines. They just add up a pointless exercise and accounting expense to the city. These people are a tremendous burden because they do not have to try to work.