Wayne222

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

I been reading in the news section eight will be cut. I feel sorry for poor people. We know housing and rents are too high for poor people. Food stamps akready are low for the prices of food. It's getting mean again. I don't mind paying tax for those in need. I am bless with a good job. Those who get section eight are hated by a lot of people. But it's better to have section eight then people in the street. Thousands do live in the street. Yes on drugs too. But don't hate on them. Pray God restores them. God loves them too.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

My question is, why doesn't everyone who doesn't mind paying taxes for section 8 and the like just go out find people in need and help them out...or at least donate to a ministry. Id rather give my money directly to the person in need then a overreaching government who will mis manage it.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

If you wish to pay more in taxes, you are free to give more to the govt than you owe. They gladly welcome extra money.

1 hour ago, PepperS said:

How many have you taken in?

I make it a goal to help many people...if you really want to go personal. How about you, after all the Bible says to "love thy neighbor" and to care for the sick and the needy, nowhere does it say to let the government do it for you.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The_Patriot2018 said:

My question is, why doesn't everyone who doesn't mind paying taxes for section 8 and the like just go out find people in need and help them out...or at least donate to a ministry. Id rather give my money directly to the person in need then a overreaching government who will mis manage it.

Its not as simple as that. I hope you realize that it isnt. 

Most people DONT HELP christian or not! I said most not all. Most just have words to offer . I think we have all met the kind. Besides, section 8 is a good thing for those that just need a handup. There will always be flaws in the system but thats life. Some will freeload and dome will go on to be productive citizens . 

James 2 :14 If someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good[b] is that? 

Matthew 6:3 
But when you do alms, let not your left hand know what your right hand does:

6:1-4 Our Lord next warned against hypocrisy and outward show in religious duties. What we do, must be done from an inward principle, that we may be approved of God, not that we may be praised of men. In these verses we are cautioned against hypocrisy in giving alms. Take heed of it. It is a subtle sin; and vain-glory creeps into what we do, before we are aware. But the duty is not the less necessary and excellent for being abused by hypocrites to serve their pride. The doom Christ passes, at first may seem a promise, but it is their reward; not the reward God promises to those who do good, but the reward hypocrites promise themselves, and a poor reward it is; they did it to be seen of men, and they are seen of men. When we take least notice of our good deeds ourselves, God takes most notice of them. He will reward thee; not as a master who gives his servant what he earns, and no more, but as a Father who gives abundantly to his son that serves him.

6 minutes ago, 1sheep said:

Its not as simple as that. I hope you realize that it isnt. 

Most people DONT HELP christian or not! I said most not all. Most just have words to offer . I think we have all met the kind. Besides, section 8 is a good thing for those that just need a handup. There will always be flaws in the system but thats life. Some will freeload and dome will go on to be productive citizens . 

James 2 :14 If someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good[b] is that? 

Indeed, most people don't, instead they expect the government to do it for them. Problem is the only way the government can do it is to tax everyone else into poverty. What they also don't know is government assistance is designed to control-not help. Its easier to control a person that is dependent on you then someone who is self sufficient.

None of that negates the fact that were told to take care of the needy-not leave them for someone else. Our job not the governments.

4 minutes ago, The_Patriot2018 said:

Indeed, most people don't, instead they expect the government to do it for them. Problem is the only way the government can do it is to tax everyone else into poverty. What they also don't know is government assistance is designed to control-not help. Its easier to control a person that is dependent on you then someone who is self sufficient.

None of that negates the fact that were told to take care of the needy-not leave them for someone else. Our job not the governments.

The government can only control a person if they allow it! There are ways out if one wants out! Its called determination.

Yes christians are called to help. Its good fruit as a result of being a new creation in Christ. To some it is their religious preening.

Should I list what I do to please men? No thnx. God knows and that all that matters. 

6 minutes ago, PepperS said:

That's one of my favorite verses 1sheep.

What good is it to say "I'm praying for you" or "Don't worry, God is in control" then go on your merry way?  We are called to be active, feed the poor, help the sick, give our cloak if someone needs it, not to mouth platitudes. 

Yeah I got plenty of platitudes this past holiday season from churched people. I heard crickets for thanksgiving and christmas. People dont teally care. It was just me and myself! Lol

They appear godly but are white washed tombs

3 hours ago, 1sheep said:

The government can only control a person if they allow it! There are ways out if one wants out! Its called determination.

Yes christians are called to help. Its good fruit as a result of being a new creation in Christ. To some it is their religious preening.

Should I list what I do to please men? No thnx. God knows and that all that matters. 

Yes but someone who is dependent upon the government is less likely to have that determination. People are short sighted...people on welfare are more likely to vote democrat...why? Because of the money theyre afraid a Republican will cut their welfare check. 

As the old saying goes give a man a fish youll feed them for a day. Teach a man to fish and youll feed him for a lifetime.

The governments form of help is give a man a fish a day and they will always do your bidding...Because after awhile they will have lost all motivation to learn how to fish.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1