• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Praise the Holy Spirit within, for it surely can't be us, well me anyway.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

12 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Praise the Holy Spirit within, for it surely can't be us, well me anyway.

good thought...

So are the poor to be helped? I say no not with freebies to able bodied individuals.  But the disabled, the unable, the mentally disabled, that is absolutely different. Yes there is to be help given, and when possible some enablement  provision made to accommodate the disabled allowing them to have that  real experience of being productive.

Many large "greedy"corporations hire individuals that are quite limited as to what they can do. Many private entities including local church bodies  have serious programs of helping hands within their own body.

Our own local church body installs heat air conditioning septic systems paint entire homes etc. for our own poor and disabled and widowed. We have a very serious aggressive fund to continue that  effort. We are not alone at all.

Government for it's part just comes along and demands to see our business licenses for even painting the church exterior as example. People actually call code enforcement when they see work being done if they don't see a business license number on a truck. I have been threatened personally with jail by an city code enforcement officer. I went to the city and got that straightened out, a compromise, if I paint full time for a living I cannot paint the church without a permit and a  license, if it is incidental to another  task it is okay. I made much of my life incidental from that day on. Even the time it takes to handle such nonsense raises costs for all projects for everyone. sorry I just can't buy into the idea that government is the answer to problems instead of it being the problem that gets in the way of much of what needs be done.

Why one can't run an old fashioned poor house, rest home, orphanage, or facility for the menally disabled, without having a structure with more bells and whistles than any  other building made for residences. They must have sprinkler systems instead of just fire alarms for example. They must have elevators instead of just stairs. They must have OSHA approved toilet seats and on and on it goes. Upward goes the expense to nearing $600 a square foot.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

8 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I think we have more than enough jack- leg preachers in the churches.God Only knows what the schools would teach, given the chance.No doubt , some variation on “ be good and go to Heaven or be bad and go to Hell” They can get enough of that damnable stuff at most of their local churches

I don’t want my kids to learn algebra at church and I don’t want them to learn about Christianity at school.The true Gospel of Grace would be hated in any public school— if you do not offend the unsaved with your gospel — Jesus plus Nothing—- you got the wrong gospel.Jesus came to bring a sword and the True Gospel is considered foolishness and will offend 99% of the public school teachers and administrators.Prayer in school is a non- issue. One could pray in secret, like Jesus told us to — be it in a school or in a bar.Schools are not going to preach a Gospel of  Grace, when 90% of the churches out there don’t.Give it a rest.

I never read in scripture where God put restrictions on where to be an example of Him, be it in school or anywhere else in public.  I heard it said that we should always preach scripture, and if need be, use words.  Live it and He will use what you do to show Himself to others through you.  I also heard it said that if a christian does nothing, Satan wins automatically.  I guess the choice is a personal one. 

Strange how schools started in the home and in church here in the US.  My, how things have changed once the government thought it could do a better job.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, other one said:

I keep hearing about all these people who just live off the public assistance who are healthy enough to work..

Hi, I have met far more that a few. When we were assisting at a facility trying to help unborn babies, provide guidance for those with new babies and limit and if possible eliminate abortions, I learned first hand of the life style and how they game the system. Yet we continued for the hope and the sake of unborn  life and young children.

I have had the invasion of lazy able bodied criminals  on my own street for over a decade now, as part of section 8.  Even if one on the benefits is  is okay their friends are not, their old friends come to visit their mainstreamed friend on sec 8 from the ghetto bringing with them  their drugs their crime and their many uncared for young that steal from the local stores invade homes  and steal cars. I have another house that sell drugs into the wee hours of th emorning, and the occasional police activvity at that house too. But it is a bit of an upscale neighborhood, until in the government's wisdom they mainstreamm the ghetto into the neighborhoods thinking  they will magically then change, that it has been  the place they lived in the ghetto that was holding them back.  It isn't. There are bad people and these are them. They don't want work, they won't work except to steal and to sell drugs. 

Mid week I was hearing sirens  it was it turned out 3AM. I heard more coming from another direction and more still. I wondered whenwell they get out if range so i don't hear them anymore, Still more sirens. Finally I opened my eyes to see my bedroom flashing red with multiple red lights. I looked out to see hey they are in my drive on the street and across the street, fire police ambulance and finally ann aggressive  person from th house acros the street railing and being carted off.

It is my testimony that there are way more than plenty of able bodied non workers that will never accept work long as they an get  sec 8 housing and food coupons. 

1 minute ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, I have met far more that a few. When we were assisting at a facility trying to help unborn babies, provide guidance for those with new babies and limit and if possible eliminate abortions, I learned first hand of the life style and how they game the system. Yet we continued for the hope and the sake of unborn  life and young children.

I have had the invasion of lazy able bodied criminals  on my own street for over a decade now, as part of section 8.  Even if one on the benefits is  is okay their friends are not, their old friends come to visit their mainstreamed friend on sec 8 from the ghetto bringing with them  their drugs their crime and their many uncared for young that steal from the local stores invade homes  and steal cars. I have another house that sell drugs into the wee hours of th emorning, and the occasional police activvity at that house too. But it is a bit of an upscale neighborhood, until in the government's wisdom they mainstreamm the ghetto into the neighborhoods thinking  they will magically then change, that it has been  the place they lived in the ghetto that was holding them back.  It isn't. There are bad people and these are them. They don't want work, they won't work except to steal and to sell drugs. 

Mid week I was hearing sirens  it was it turned out 3AM. I heard more coming from another direction and more still. I wondered whenwell they get out if range so i don't hear them anymore, Still more sirens. Finally I opened my eyes to see my bedroom flashing red with multiple red lights. I looked out to see hey they are in my drive on the street and across the street, fire police ambulance and finally ann aggressive  person from th house acros the street railing and being carted off.

It is my testimony that there are way more than plenty of able bodied non workers that will never accept work long as they an get  sec 8 housing and food coupons. 

if  the criminals are felon's they may just not be able to find a job.....    few places will hire someone who's a convicted felon.

27 minutes ago, other one said:

if  the criminals are felon's they may just not be able to find a job.....    few places will hire someone who's a convicted felon.

Well how about that? Go figure.  I'm all for freebies for them now that I understand better. Well,  maybe not. Tell me all about it again please. :)

19 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Well how about that? Go figure.  I'm all for freebies for them now that I understand better. Well,  maybe not. Tell me all about it again please. :)

if they don't get help and can't get a job then they have to go beg on the street or steal your stuff.....     

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,542
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

3 hours ago, other one said:

if they don't get help and can't get a job then they have to go beg on the street or steal your stuff.....     

You are right. But how can a company trust a felon ? There was a man in the UK who own a really good company and hire a ex con he ended up killing him and his wife and children to steal the whole company.  Good thing he was charged with the crime. It almost worked. It's better to have section 8 and food stamps.

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,542
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

3 hours ago, Neighbor said:

It sounds like they are getting the good life for nothing g. But they get very little.