• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

4 hours ago, LadyKay said:

No one has taken God out of my life. No one can take God out of anyone's life.  

I should of been clearer with this statement as I meant out of the schools and other public places, which, if you consider the absence of God in schools, led to Him being removed from children if their parents don't teach them.  We use to be able to talk about God, read His 10 commandments on the walls and say the Lords Prayer at the beginning of school.  These are just a few things that can no longer be done.  Yet, you are correct as nobody can remove God from our lives once we have Him and He has us.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

53 minutes ago, OneLight said:

We use to be able to talk about God, read His 10 commandments on the walls and say the Lords Prayer at the beginning of school.  These are just a few things that can no longer be done

You are still allowed to pray in school and talk about God. You just can't force others to pray against their will. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

17 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

You are still allowed to pray in school and talk about God. You just can't force others to pray against their will. 

it is Illegal to stop students from praying in the state of Oklahoma unless they are interrupting the education process...…    my wife's kindergarten classes had the little ones praying for each other when one of them was having a problem.....    it was rather lifting to be present and watch.

But my wife could not lead them in prayer....     but I can tell you that even kindergarten kids don't need anyone to help them pray....

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

2 hours ago, LadyKay said:

So....what is your point again? I'm a bit confused. 

That I don't feel the governments job is to take care of the people, anywhere. Im not suggesting we just drop it and leave people out in the cold, but I would like to see the people step up and help each other more, and slowly phase out welfare and other such programs.

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

On 1/11/2019 at 4:51 PM, ayin jade said:

If you wish to pay more in taxes, you are free to give more to the govt than you owe. They gladly welcome extra money.

Why come off like that sister. People are not going to give enough to anyone to help them. I think section 8 is good and for some bad. But mostly good.

On 1/11/2019 at 5:48 PM, The_Patriot2018 said:

I make it a goal to help many people...if you really want to go personal. How about you, after all the Bible says to "love thy neighbor" and to care for the sick and the needy, nowhere does it say to let the government do it for you.

And if the government does help is that a sin of some kind. 

On 1/11/2019 at 6:25 PM, The_Patriot2018 said:

Indeed, most people don't, instead they expect the government to do it for them. Problem is the only way the government can do it is to tax everyone else into poverty. What they also don't know is government assistance is designed to control-not help. Its easier to control a person that is dependent on you then someone who is self sufficient.

None of that negates the fact that were told to take care of the needy-not leave them for someone else. Our job not the governments.

That's a pipe dream unfortunately. No one will help them. The church's take money but see if they give it to the poor. Some do but not anywhere enough to make a dent.I think anytime someone is helped it's good. Even from government. 

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

3 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

Why come off like that sister. People are not going to give enough to anyone to help them. I think section 8 is good and for some bad. But mostly good.

You advocate forcing folks to pay more in taxes and said you were ok with paying more in taxes. To me it seems obvious. If you wish to pay more, feel free to do so. I pay a high rate as it is and do not have any more to spare. I do not wish to be forced to pay more.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

2 hours ago, LadyKay said:

True, but the less kids know about God, due to removing Him from school, the less want to discuss Him.  Guess the area is ripe to evangelize!

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

4 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

And if the government does help is that a sin of some kind. 

Theres nothing in the Bible that prohibits it so i would say no, its not a sin but neither is it prudent for reasons i have already brought up previously.

Just now, Wayne222 said:

That's a pipe dream unfortunately. No one will help them. The church's take money but see if they give it to the poor. Some do but not anywhere enoug h to make a dent.I think anytime someone is helped it's good. Even from government. 

Its only a pipe dream if people refuse to act on it. Often the reason churches dont give more is they dont have the money-people have no problem buying 40,000 dollar cars and fancy boats, but God forbid they give more then the bare 10% to the church, or even step out and help someone direct.