Sign in to follow this  
SkilletFan

How I like to be treated

I am never happy with small-talk. It makes me bored and sarcastic. Instead I want to explore the depths of you and me. I want to talk our views on aliens, religion, sports, human perception, etc, etc, etc. Emotions run high with some people when things get super deep. But I am also not afraid of people getting all emotional at me. The problem lies when people see that I have emotional depth myself, and take it as a sign of weakness, and then think that I can't handle a complex subject. There are only a few things that drive me crazy. One of them is when I have opinions expressed at me, but am not given a full chance to express them myself. Like if you get all deep and emotional with me, I want to be able to do the same with you - I am talking vulnerability and depth, not negative emotions like anger.

How do you like to be treated?

I'm pretty laid back, so I am willing to talk about most anything of substance.  As far as being treated, the only thing I look to avoid as far as conversation, is someone who doesn't really want to listen to anything you have to say.  Maybe you know the type, but the best way to describe it is, when you are talking, they are already responding before you have even finished, which means they really aren't interested in hearing what you had to say.  Another way to say it, is being talked at rather than talked with.

Sign in to follow this