PepperS

House GOP urges Trump not to redirect disaster relief money to fund border wall

Ahead of a potential announcement by President Donald Trump to declare a national emergency and reallocate billions of dollars to pay for a border wall, House Republicans representing congressional districts that are still recovering from hurricanes say they’re opposed to the plan.

“Our district is still recovering from Hurricane Harvey,” Rep. Brian Babin, R-Texas, told ABC News. “I hope that they can get those [funds] from somewhere else.”

Rep. Buddy Carter said that there’s “no question” Georgians are still recovering from Hurricane Michael, and urged the president not to redirect any disaster relief money from the Peach State to cover the border wall.

“As a result of Hurricane Michael, in southwest Georgia in particular, we’ve had devastating impact on our crops and in order for the farmers to recover and to start planning for the next cycle, then they need that disaster relief as soon as possible,” Carter, R-Georgia, said. “There’s a need for disaster relief. No question about it.”  https://abcnews.go.com/beta-story-container/Politics/house-gop-urges-trump-redirect-disaster-relief-money/story?id=60311793

There will always be naysayers. 

There are plenty behind POTUS too.

16 minutes ago, 1sheep said:

There will always be naysayers. 

There are plenty behind POTUS too.

This isn't about sides. The victims of the natural disasters have already had that money set aside for them. Look at the states affected. Georgia and Texas are Trump country. He does not want to alienate them.

I am for the wall as much as anyone, but the way this issue is being handled is a disgrace by both political parties.

• Thumbs Up 1

From where I am sitting it appears Potus has bent over backwards trying to make this work. 

I dont quote fake news. Cant trust em

We dont know where he is going to pull the money

Think of it this way. 

I read this on a financial blog.

"Currently, the entire budget is $4.4 trillion for 2019. The interest alone to roll the national debt is $6.780 billion PER WEEK. The Democrats are shutting down the country blaming Trump over $5.7 billion – less than one week’s interest bill."

So its pretty surreal the disfunction of the government.

Just now, George said:

Think of it this way. 

I read this on a financial blog.

"Currently, the entire budget is $4.4 trillion for 2019. The interest alone to roll the national debt is $6.780 billion PER WEEK. The Democrats are shutting down the country blaming Trump over $5.7 billion – less than one week’s interest bill."

So its pretty surreal the disfunction of the government.

I agree with the last sentence.

The government was shut down Dec 22, when the republicans had all three branches of government.

However, WHO shut down the government is not the topic of this thread.

I just don't see how anyone can think one party is any better than the other. Both parties will go to great lengths to get their way regardless of who gets hurt. This taking funds already allocated for Americans who are struggling is just another example.

In the past both Repubs and Democrats have been bullies to get their way. The bullying tactics are going on now by both sides, as they will no doubt in the future.

We have a dysfunctional government. I suspect we will until the Lord's return.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, PepperS said:

This isn't about sides. The victims of the natural disasters have already had that money set aside for them. Look at the states affected. Georgia and Texas are Trump country. He does not want to alienate them.

I am for the wall as much as anyone, but the way this issue is being handled is a disgrace by both political parties.

if you flip that coin over and take a look Trump also does not want to not make good on his promise to build that wall, especially to Texas which is a border state. 

The real problem here is democrats do not represent Americans, they represent criminals and illegals.  If they represented Americans Trump wouldn't need to be looking elsewhere for funds. 

Honestly i do not care where the funds come from.  build the wall and fill up those tunnels under the rio grande with concrete.  I mean seriously, how much money are we giving to mexico and further south?  theres wall money right there. 

The corruption within the politicians and the celebrity entertainers is more than just the Globalist agenda. 

There are evils that are so horrible, you will want to reject the notion outright. I know I did. But the evidence reveals the reality of just how deep and dark the darkness of this world is. 

Image search "Podesta art."

Do some research on Epstein Island (aka Podesta Island or Pedo Island). It goes along with the Lolita Express.

If you know how to access WikiLeaks, look up the Podesta emails and search the terms "walnut," "walnut sauce," "spaghetti," "pizza." It shouldn't take you long to realize that they are not talking about food. These people are sick. Real sick.

So what does this have to do with the border? It's how they get their "walnuts."

• Thumbs Up 1

Through my early to late teens I worked at a private country club. Caddie then inside eventually busing and some waitering at the pool when needed. We held huge weddings and parties, all very civilized and proper. The club was sold during the last year of my employ and became semi-private, the coarse was open to the public but needed membership to enjoy the rest of the place.

Anyway the new owners thru a party after some months, they were land developers, two brothers, and golf coarse owners in the surrounding area and the purchase was quite a big deal for them. The party was a democratic political party, judges, lawyers, reps, donors but being young and not all that interested in politics I didn't know or care who anyone was.

In short, it was the most discusting display of grown accomplished proffesional adults I've ever witnessed. I went to college and it would take a semester for a frat to demolish a rug the way these people did in three hours. Cigars, cigs, broken glassware, finger foods all smashed into the carpet. Women sloppy drunk with spilled wine down dresses and hair a mess. When they know it's a private party our politicians are pigs and that is a mild name.

The entry, the staircase, the whole front party lobby with cealing to floor windows and long service bar and side party room and halls leading to rest rooms and back lounge all needed new carpeting and it was replaced liked nothing happened by noon the next day when I arrived to work. Amazing. 

My view of our leadership has not swade from that and I'm not at all shocked by these things. The only defense they have is the offense they are using now. Point the finger at someone and do not stop. Evil is Washington. I've not had respect for most politicians my whole adult life. They need to earn it because they do not deserve it just because of a title.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1