• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  129
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

My specific understanding of how faith is applied that results in receiving the Spirit of Christ is that by hearing the Word of God we become willing and obedient to His Will, including that we should abide in Christ and He in us.  

Heb 11:1-2 (ESV)
(1)  Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.
(2)  For by it the people of old received their commendation.
Heb 11:1-2 (KJV)
(1)  Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
(2)  For by it the elders obtained a good report.
Heb 12:2 (ESV)
(2)  looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.
Heb 12:2 (KJV)
(2)  Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Heb 5:8-9 (ESV)
(8)  Although he was a son, he learned obedience through what he suffered.
(9)  And being made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey him,
Heb 5:8-9 (KJV)
(8)  Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
(9)  And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Thanks Michael.

Are you saying that after we are called out by the Father, we " hear " the word of God, obey it, then claim the promises in it, one of them being " recieving the Spirit of Christ?

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  238
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,775
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

28 minutes ago, faither 2 said:

Thanks Michael.

Are you saying that after we are called out by the Father, we " hear " the word of God, obey it, then claim the promises in it, one of them being " recieving the Spirit of Christ?

These would be simultaneous in God's economy.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Michael37 said:

These would be simultaneous in God's economy.

Could you elaborate on " simultaneous"?

What specifically happens at the same moment in time?

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

I would be interested in your opinion of Dr.Scott.......would you care to share? Thanks....

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I would be interested in your opinion of Dr.Scott.......would you care to share? Thanks....

Could I pm it to you tomorrow? I assume I can Pm on this site ?

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

Yes you can PM and I will be looking forward to see what you think about “ Mean Gene”. Lol....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, faither 2 said:

Could you elaborate on " simultaneous"?

What specifically happens at the same moment in time?

Since God always knows all that is knowable, a person who genuinely responds to the Word of God, co-operates with the call of God, is quickened by the Spirit, and continues in the faith unmoved from the gospel of hope, is always known to God as one of His own in the intimacy of His eternal love irrespective of whatever duration is involved in the temporal affairs of that person. The enemy of our souls works to cast doubt and frustrate the grace of God, but nevertheless the grace of God is sufficient to meet every challenge and efficient to provide every blessing. 

• This is Worthy 1

19 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

Since God always knows all that is knowable, a person who genuinely responds to the Word of God, co-operates with the call of God, is quickened by the Spirit, and continues in the faith unmoved from the gospel of hope, is always known to God as one of His own in the intimacy of His eternal love irrespective of whatever duration is involved in the temporal affairs of that person. The enemy of our souls works to cast doubt and frustrate the grace of God, but nevertheless the grace of God is sufficient to meet every challenge and efficient to provide every blessing. 

I'm just not your understanding of

how the call, responding to the word of God, being " quickened" by the Spirit of Christ, and continuing in "Faith", ( which hasn't been defined yet) all at exactly the same moment in time?

Do you agree that there is a time before all those happenings, ( simultaneously or individually ) that we do not have the Spirit of Christ sealed in us yet?

• Praying! 1

1 hour ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Yes you can PM and I will be looking forward to see what you think about “ Mean Gene”. Lol....

We might have to figure another way. I don't see where I can PM you here. Maybe because I'm a newbie here.

• Praying! 1

10 minutes ago, faither 2 said:

I'm just not your understanding of

how the call, responding to the word of God, being " quickened" by the Spirit of Christ, and continuing in "Faith", ( which hasn't been defined yet) all at exactly the same moment in time?

Do you agree that there is a time before all those happenings, ( simultaneously or individually ) that we do not have the Spirit of Christ sealed in us yet?

I don't like the idea that there is a formula. The Holy Spirit moves as it will, like the wind. We have this example in Acts but I have heard so many different testimonies that I can only conclude that the Word of God produces faith and God's amazing grace flows through it.

Act 19:1-6
(1)  And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,
(2)  He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
(3)  And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
(4)  Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
(5)  When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
(6)  And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1