• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  129
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

12 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

yes

Are you aware that the word " pisteuo " couldn't be translated into the English language? 

That the English language doesn't have a coresponding verb the the noun " Faith ", like the Greek does ( pisteuo ) to the noun Pistis?

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member

38 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

From Vine's ...

Vine's Expository Dictionary

"The main elements in "faith" in its relation to the invisible God, as distinct from "faith" in man, are especially brought out in the use of this noun and the corresponding verb, pisteuo; they are (1) a firm conviction, producing a full acknowledgement of God's revelation or truth, e.g., 2 Thess. 2:11,12; (2) a personal surrender to Him, John 1:12; (3) a conduct inspired by such surrender, 2 Cor. 5:7. Prominence is given to one or other of these elements according to the context. All this stands in contrast to belief in its purely natural exercise, which consists of an opinion held in good "faith" without necessary reference to its proof. The object of Abraham's "faith" was not God's promise (that was the occasion of its exercise); his "faith" rested on God Himself, Rom. 4:17,20,21."

1. Belief

2. Commit

3. Intrust

4. Trust

5. Faith (above definition for pisteuo contained in paragraph 3 under pistis)

In my opinion , the Vines gives the best understanding of " pisteuo " out if all the Greek dictionarys.

I'll extend all my questions to you also if your interested.

• Praying! 1

1 hour ago, faither 2 said:

In my opinion , the Vines gives the best understanding of " pisteuo " out if all the Greek dictionarys.

I'll extend all my questions to you also if your interested.

I'd be interested.

Ephesians (KJV)

1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

I find the above scriptures highly useful in defining faith to me.

Edited by Saved.One.by.Grace
  • This is Worthy 1

8 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

I'd be interested.

I find the above scriptures highly useful in defining faith to me.

Just to find a place to start a discussion about Faith or Pistis, let me try and define what the beginning of the Salvation journey looks like and see if your in agreement .

Rom. 8:9 states that if the Spirit of Christ is not in us, " He is none of ours " . This would be the state of being we are all in at the start of our walk with Christ .

Are we in agreement with that ?

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Heb 10:22   AMP  Let us all come forward and draw near with true (honest and sincere) hearts in unqualified assurance and absolute conviction engendered by faith (by that leaning of the entire human personality on God in absolute trust and confidence in His power, wisdom, and goodness), having our hearts sprinkled and purified from a guilty (evil) conscience and our bodies cleansed with pure water.

In other places Amplified uses trust in and rely on as terms for faith.  Faith is dependent by God's character, good NAME and reputation because He has shown Himself to be trustworthy over the centuries.

• This is Worthy 1

9 minutes ago, Abdicate said:

Skipping the buzzwords, "faith" is "a strong conviction of a belief." Nothing more, nothing less. It's not blind, it's built on facts. Doubt is the one torn between two opinions.

Faith Immovable
    • Faith is not blind
    • Faith is NOT taking a leap into the unknown
    • Faith has to do with the invisible not the unknown
        ○ Faith is seeing you pay your bills on time
        ○ Faith is seeing yourself healthy
        ○ Faith is seeing yourself full of energy at the end of the day
        ○ Faith is seeing your relationship more loving

Faith is the being absolute, sure, fully persuaded, immovable, about these things that have already been accomplished that you are confidently expecting!

In the healings of the Lord said, one way or another, He'd say, "Be it according to YOUR faith." Or "Be it according to YOUR strong conviction."

Thanks

• Praying! 1

3 minutes ago, Willa said:

Heb 10:22   AMP  Let us all come forward and draw near with true (honest and sincere) hearts in unqualified assurance and absolute conviction engendered by faith (by that leaning of the entire human personality on God in absolute trust and confidence in His power, wisdom, and goodness), having our hearts sprinkled and purified from a guilty (evil) conscience and our bodies cleansed with pure water.

In other places Amplified uses trust in and rely on as terms for faith.  Faith is dependent by God's character, good NAME and reputation because He has shown Himself to be trustworthy over the centuries.

4 minutes ago, SelahSong said:

Ephesians 2:8-9 

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Grace is the source, and faith is the means by which we obtain the grace of God. It is through our faith that we believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and are born from above.

Selah:emot-heartbeat:

Thanks

• Praying! 1

32 minutes ago, faither 2 said:

Just to find a place to start a discussion about Faith or Pistis, let me try and define what the beginning of the Salvation journey looks like and see if your in agreement .

Rom. 8:9 states that if the Spirit of Christ is not in us, " He is none of ours " . This would be the state of being we are all in at the start of our walk with Christ .

Are we in agreement with that ?

Does anyone disagree with this post?

• Praying! 1

20 minutes ago, faither 2 said:

Does anyone disagree with this post?

If everyone is in agreement on Rom:8:9, that if we don't have the Spirit of Christ at the very start of the Salvation journey, Christ is not ours.

With that said, if We don't have the Spirit of Christ ( because we are at the very start) then Christ, His word, and the promises in His word can't be ours yet either, correct.

If we can agree with this beginning state of the Salvation journey, we can then discuss what Faith is, and how the first act of " Faith " is fulfilled.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 1

36 minutes ago, faither 2 said:

If everyone is in agreement on Rom:8:9, that if we don't have the Spirit of Christ at the very start of the Salvation journey, Christ is not ours.

With that said, if We don't have the Spirit of Christ ( because we are at the very start) then Christ, His word, and the promises in His word can't be ours yet either, correct.

If we can agree with this beginning state of the Salvation journey, we can then discuss what Faith is, and how the first act of " Faith " is fulfilled.

Let me be a little more specific with what I'm asking.

At the beginning of the Salvation journey, nobody comes to Christ unless the Father draws or calls them. So the first thing that must happen is the Father calls us out to Christ.

At this point where we are just being drawn or called by the Father, we do not have the Spirit of Christ yet, so Christ, His word, and the promises in His word are not ours yet either. As per Rom. 8:9.

This state would be before what the church world understands as "believing and recieving".

Hope that makes it a little clearer.

Any disagreement with this part?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 1