• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  129
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Yes....I applied it......results were very favorable......

How did you apply Faith and faithing, and what happened when you did?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  5

7 minutes ago, faither 2 said:

Faithing is a word in the Greek texts. It's not in the English texts. 

Translation, the most important word ( for those who have been called out to follow Christ)  in the ancient Greek texts , could not be translated into the English language. 

“ FAITHING” is nothing new.....it’s just an awkward way to say “ practicing faith”.Acting on a promise of God( check out the story of Gideon) can be called  “acting on faith”,  “ practicing faith” or as Dr.Scott said, “ faithing”....... take your pick.Doc liked to “ de- mystify Spiritual things.” It applies here.

2 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

“ FAITHING” is nothing new.....it’s just an awkward way to say “ practicing faith”.Acting on a promise of God( check out the story of Gideon) can be called  “acting on faith”,  “ practicing faith” or as Dr.Scott said, “ faithing”....... take your pick.Doc liked to “ de- mystify Spiritual things.” It applies here.

Good luck then .

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, faither 2 said:

Good luck then .

With all due respect......if you have something of value that needs to be shared—- spit it out.This “Mr.Possessor of Something Magical That I Know and You Don’t” act is getting tiresome.Thank you.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,360
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

2 hours ago, faither 2 said:

Faithing is a word in the Greek texts. It's not in the English texts. 

Translation, the most important word ( for those who have been called out to follow Christ)  in the ancient Greek texts , could not be translated into the English language. 

Thank you for your reply and explanation, blessings.

4 hours ago, PromisesPromises! said:

Pardon me for interrupting a thread that I have not read in its entirely, but I think the topic is important. :) 

I believe faith is potentially a living thing that begins as a tiny seed. God plants it in each of us before we are born.  The evidence of that "seed" is that people by nature search for something or someone to have faith in.  Eventually, most learn that anything of this world is flawed and unreliable.  The seed of faith at that point is just sitting dormant.

Praise God for teachers!  Isaiah 52:7.... "How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news, who proclaims peace, who brings glad tidings of good things, who proclaims salvation, who says to Zion, 'Your God reigns!'"  With the message of the gospel,  the seed of faith springs to life!  Romans 10:17.... "So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." At whatever age the message is brought to the hearer, God Himself steps in: "...for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure" (Philippians 2:13). 

It's at this point, I believe, that people choose different paths.  God is working in us, but some of us are more stubborn than others.  People whose hearts are "good soil" (as in the Parable of the Sower) cherish the seed of faith that has been planted.  They gladly and openly acknowledge the Sower as LORD over the field of their heart, leaving everything else behind that might pollute this newly planted field.  Then, having already purchased this field with His very own Blood, the Sower graciously and freely applies weed-killer, forgiving all past sins.  Faith sprouts into a living plant with a root system. 

The Holy Spirit enters and helps to guard the field and the new plant.  Next begins the lifelong process of nourishing the roots of the plant with the fertilizer provided by the Sower, the inspired scripture and guidance of the Holy Spirit.  Over time, the plant grows and grows, fed by the Living Word--by testimonies in the gospels, by historical accounts of God's faithfulness toward His people, by letters of encouragement and correction written by inspired men to believers, by the evidence of fulfilled prophecies, by encouragement from prophecies yet to be fulfilled, by wisdom that can be applied to everyday life, and by uplifting and inspiring poetry.  

What once was just a tiny seed of faith is now LIVING and ACTIVE!  Jeremiah 17:8.... "For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, which spreads out its roots by the river, and will not fear when heat comes; but its leaf will be green, and will not be anxious in the year of drought, nor will cease from yielding fruit."  The fruit is even more evidence that faith is a living thing!  

Because the English language has no word to translate the Greek verb pisteuo , the verb form if Faith couldn't be communicated by the English language.

Because of this , the understanding of what Faith is and how it's fulfilled has been lost to time. 

Let's look at your post. 

You stated , " God plants in us a seed of Faith in us before we are born".

We aren't given a seed of Faith , the ability to faithe is what we were created to be. Every person ever born is fulfilling thousands of specific acts of faithing every day , most have nothing to do with God. Every time we perform an act , based upon a belief , sustained by confidence ,that is pisteuo or faithing. We are born to be faithers!

Now let's look at the next big problem where you state hearing God's word is the object of Faith.

In short, God's word can't be the specific object of Faith , that results in recieving the Spirit of Christ. It " must " be God Himself.

At the beginning of the Salvation journey we don't have the Spirit of Christ yet, so Christ, His word , and the promises in His word are no ours to claim. Rom. 8:9 . This is where the false path or the wide path begins , and is fueled by the mistranslation of pisteuo , the words believe , believer , and believing , 248 times in the NT. 

Hard to comprehend , the English translation of God's word will cause millions of called out ones to stumble , while only perfecting a few.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  16

18 hours ago, faither 2 said:

You've got my attention.  I too also had one teacher in my path that played a part in a correct understanding of Faith and faithing. But the real teaching really comes from having the real born again experience. 

Would you be willing to share your understanding of Faith and faithing from the very start of the Salvation journey? Your words ? What is Faith and faithing, and how is it applied to recieve the Spirit of Christ?

there truly are some very egregious misunderstandings and misinterpretations of faith He is very intent on correcting for us ...a very present operation and focus of the Spirit.  So I guess we should not be surprised if the enemy tries to preempt that with a lot of confusion.

No, I won't be sharing what's on my heart in this thread.  He'll reveal the truth in His way, in His time, in a way His  people can see it and receive it.  And it won't be in this thread.  I'm confident of  that.

11 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

With all due respect......if you have something of value that needs to be shared—- spit it out.This “Mr.Possessor of Something Magical That I Know and You Don’t” act is getting tiresome.Thank you.

I've been "spitting it out " for 25 years on every christian forum there is. Tiresome ! Understatement !

Go find it.

2 minutes ago, Jostler said:

there truly are some very egregious misunderstandings and misinterpretations of faith He is very intent on correcting for us ...a very present operation and focus of the Spirit.  So I guess we should not be surprised if the enemy tries to preempt that with a lot of confusion.

No, I won't be sharing what's on my heart in this thread.  He'll reveal the truth in His way, in His time, in a way His  people can see it and receive it.  And it won't be in this thread.  I'm confident of  that.

Ya , I know. Even someone like yourself who I can tell has a heart for God will refuse to look at and recieve the truth.

The only thing I can see that's left for me to say, after 25 years of sharing the truth with anyone who will listen, not one has accepted it. Because of the rejections that must happen first, we are now fulfilling the scripture , no one will endure sound doctrine.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  16

Just now, faither 2 said:

Ya , I know. Even someone like yourself who I can tell has a heart for God will refuse to look at and recieve the truth.

The only thing I can see that's left for me to say, after 25 years of sharing the truth with anyone who will listen, not one has accepted it. Because of the rejections that must happen first, we are now fulfilling the scripture , no one will endure sound doctrine.

taking what is so simple He's made it understandable to a five year old, and making it seem so complex, so mysterious, and couching it in all this drama and exclusivity is not His way.  This is not about you.  It's about Him and what He HAS FINISHED.

I wish  you the best.

• Thumbs Up 1