• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

On 1/12/2019 at 10:36 AM, faither 2 said:

I'm new to the group and glad to be here.

I thought I would propose a question to you all to get a sense of what your understanding of Faith is, and how it's applied.

I'm sure we all agree, " salvation is by Grace, through Faith ." 

But what is your specific understanding of how Faith is applied that results in recieving the Spirit of Christ?

Thanks .

Applying faith:

You can tell how much faith someone has in their brakes by how fast they drive.

Faith in the blood of Christ is knowing that, just as you can not earn your way to heaven through works, you also can not destroy your salvation through works. 

But that being said, they both can have an impact on your reward on heaven as well as the things that happen to you in this human body.

Faith is what saves. And that faith is the foundation upon which one grows in Christ, being "perfected" (I prefer "improved") in Christ until they leave this body. And through knowledge of one's creator and his will for mankind and oneself, specifically, one can be perfected, always knowing that their salvation itself is assured by faith.

Read Hebrews 12, remembering that it begins with the word, "Therefore". This means it is a conclusion based on the information in Hebrews 11. Hebrews talks about the big sin. Hebrews 11 clarifies what that "big sin" is. And it does so with a dozen or more examples of what it means to NOT commit the "big sin".  

Edited by Still Alive
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  129
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

16 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

“ FAITHING” is nothing new.....it’s just an awkward way to say “ practicing faith”.Acting on a promise of God( check out the story of Gideon) can be called  “acting on faith”,  “ practicing faith” or as Dr.Scott said, “ faithing”....... take your pick.Doc liked to “ de- mystify Spiritual things.” It applies here.

Dr Gene Scott is hands down the greatest Bible teacher to ever be born into this world. In 33 years of looking for legitimate gifted teachers , he is the only one, not even another one in the same universe as him.

With that said , he taught that to recieve the Spirit of Christ, " we take a promise out of God's word, hang out bodies on it no matter what the circumstances around us look like, continually hanging on , till death if need be waking up on the other side still holding on."

A beautiful understanding, perhaps the best you'll ever hear. Unfortunately , he is wrong.

At the start of our Salvation journey as we are simply being called out by the Father , we don't have the Spirit of Christ in us yet. Therefore , Christ, His word , and the promises in His word are not ours to claim yet. So even the greatest Bible teacher ever known didn't teach what " faithing or pisteuo " are specifically and the correct way to apply it or respond to the Fathers call with saving Faith.

40 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

Applying faith:

You can tell how much faith someone has in their brakes by how fast they drive.

Faith in the blood of Christ is knowing that, just as you can not earn your way to heaven through works, you also can not destroy your salvation through works. 

But that being said, they both can have an impact on your reward on heaven as well as the things that happen to you in this human body.

Faith is what saves. And that faith is the foundation upon which one grows in Christ, being "perfected" (I prefer "improved") in Christ until they leave this body. And through knowledge of one's creator and his will for mankind and oneself, specifically, one can be perfected, always knowing that their salvation itself is assured by faith.

Read Hebrews 12, remembering that it begins with the word, "Therefore". This means it is a conclusion based on the information in Hebrews 11. Hebrews talks about the big sin. Hebrews 11 clarifies what that "big sin" is. And it does so with a dozen or more examples of what it means to NOT commit the "big sin".  

Applying Faith as it relates to the most High God is defined with the Greek word pisteuo , used 248 times in the NT.

Vines Greek dictionary : " a personal surrender to Him and a life inspired by such surrender. Producing a full acknowledgement of God's revelation of truth."

" Him " being the object of Faith. 

" A surrendered life " being the act of Faith.

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

Is a “ surrendered life” a requirement for Salvation? Dr. Scott taught that the only thing one had to do was cry out as Peter did when he was sinking in the water real fast—— “Lord, save me!” Was he mistaken? According to your unique insights,please tell me——what must one do to be saved? Thanking you in advance.....

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

31 minutes ago, faither 2 said:

Applying Faith as it relates to the most High God is defined with the Greek word pisteuo , used 248 times in the NT.

Vines Greek dictionary : " a personal surrender to Him and a life inspired by such surrender. Producing a full acknowledgement of God's revelation of truth."

" Him " being the object of Faith. 

" A surrendered life " being the act of Faith.

Yes. This is why my wife and I don't have health insurance even though we are 65. We put our trust in him. We "surrender" to his will in our life and see the acquisition of insurance as a lack of faith in Him. 

And, regarding the word pisteuo, from biblestudytools: 

Definition
  1. to think to be true, to be persuaded of, to credit, place confidence in
    1. of the thing believed
      1. to credit, have confidence
    2. in a moral or religious reference
      1. used in the NT of the conviction and trust to which a man is impelled by a certain inner and higher prerogative and law of soul
      2. to trust in Jesus or God as able to aid either in obtaining or in doing something: saving faith 1bc) mere acknowledgment of some fact or event: intellectual faith
  2. to entrust a thing to one, i.e. his fidelity
    1. to be intrusted with a thing

NAS Word Usage - Total: 243

believe 118, believed 73, believers 3, believes 29, believing 10, do 1, entrust 1, entrusted 6, entrusting 1, has faith 1

There are all sorts of works out there that discuss this word. Other than vines, I'm not seeing "surrendered" included in the definition anywhere. It is a greek word, with a definition just like any other. it basically means, believe. I suppose one could see it as "surrender" in as much as one could believe their brakes work, so they drive really fast, trusting that their brakes will work and surrender to the brakes as their only salvation should they need to stop fast. 

So in that sense I suppose "surrender" could work.

• Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Is a “ surrendered life” a requirement for Salvation? Dr. Scott taught that the only thing one had to do was cry out as Peter did when he was sinking in the water real fast—— “Lord, save me!” Was he mistaken? According to your unique insights,please tell me——what must one do to be saved? Thanking you in advance.....

No, your mistaken !

Dr. Scott never taught that we receive the Spirit of Christ by crying out Lord save me.

I've already shown you what must be done to be saved , so simple you must have missed it. 

Vines : saving Faith or pisteuo is " a personal surrender to Him and a life inspired by such surrender."

My words : a continually surrendered life.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

Yes. This is why my wife and I don't have health insurance even though we are 65. We put our trust in him. We "surrender" to his will in our life and see the acquisition of insurance as a lack of faith in Him. 

And, regarding the word pisteuo, from biblestudytools: 

Definition
  1. to think to be true, to be persuaded of, to credit, place confidence in
    1. of the thing believed
      1. to credit, have confidence
    2. in a moral or religious reference
      1. used in the NT of the conviction and trust to which a man is impelled by a certain inner and higher prerogative and law of soul
      2. to trust in Jesus or God as able to aid either in obtaining or in doing something: saving faith 1bc) mere acknowledgment of some fact or event: intellectual faith
  2. to entrust a thing to one, i.e. his fidelity
    1. to be intrusted with a thing

NAS Word Usage - Total: 243

believe 118, believed 73, believers 3, believes 29, believing 10, do 1, entrust 1, entrusted 6, entrusting 1, has faith 1

There are all sorts of works out there that discuss this word. Other than vines, I'm not seeing "surrendered" included in the definition anywhere. It is a greek word, with a definition just like any other. it basically means, believe. I suppose one could see it as "surrender" in as much as one could believe their brakes work, so they drive really fast, trusting that their brakes will work and surrender to the brakes as their only salvation should they need to stop fast. 

So in that sense I suppose "surrender" could work.

Sorry, " surrendering to His will " is not the same as a continually surrendered life.

Vines definition of pisteuo word for word : " a personal surrender to Him and a life inspired by such surrender."

You didn't look very hard.

• Praying! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

11 minutes ago, faither 2 said:

No, your mistaken !

Dr. Scott never taught that we receive the Spirit of Christ by crying out Lord save me.

I've already shown you what must be done to be saved , so simple you must have missed it. 

Vines : saving Faith or pisteuo is " a personal surrender to Him and a life inspired by such surrender."

My words : a continually surrendered life.

A surrendered life is a wise move.....I have done it....It did not save me.....it does not keep me saved.I was saved when I acted on a promise of God.The promise was... “ Anybody that ASKS to be saved WILL be saved” Like Dr.Scott said, act on a promise of God and He will put His Spirit in you and that indwelling Spirit will change you.It changed me in many ways. One of those changes was seeing the Wisdom to give control of my life to the One who made me.It simply makes sense to do that, but you ain’t gonna do it unless the Spirit  leads you to.Saved Believers who surrender will have a life that is more blessed than the person who refuses to give up the reins of their lives .It is not mentioned in the Gospel Of Paul, given to him by Jesus which says that belief in that Gospel will save you if you simply believe it. Disagree?  To quote The late Dr.Scott—- “ show me your chapter and verse”.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Jostler said:

taking what is so simple He's made it understandable to a five year old, and making it seem so complex, so mysterious, and couching it in all this drama and exclusivity is not His way.  This is not about you.  It's about Him and what He HAS FINISHED.

I wish  you the best.

What I would like to see from you is exactly what I have shown you , put your understanding of the Salvation process on the table to be tested.

Anything else is just words your hiding behind.

1 hour ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

A surrendered life is a wise move.....I have done it....It did not save me.....it does not keep me saved.I was saved when I acted on a promise of God.The promise was... “ Anybody that ASKS to be saved WILL be saved” Like Dr.Scott said, act on a promise of God and He will put His Spirit in you and that indwelling Spirit will change you.It changed me in many ways. One of those changes was seeing the Wisdom to give control of my life to the One who made me.It simply makes sense to do that, but you ain’t gonna do it unless the Spirit  leads you to.Saved Believers who surrender will have a life that is more blessed than the person who refuses to give up the reins of their lives .It is not mentioned in the Gospel Of Paul, given to him by Jesus which says that belief in that Gospel will save you if you simply believe it. Disagree?  To quote The late Dr.Scott—- “ show me your chapter and verse”.

You can't claim a promise of God without the Spirit of Christ in you first.

Claiming it or acting as if a promise of God is yours before you have the Spirit of Christ is backwards , a perversion. 

If your not fulfilling pisteuo " a continually surrendered life " the Spirit of Christ , Christ , His word , and the promises in His word , are not yours yet. Your still in the drawing of the Father phase of the process. I don't discuss things of God with anyone who can't show they are theirs to talk about. Rom 8:9