• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, faither 2 said:

You can't claim a promise of God without the Spirit of Christ in you first.

Claiming it or acting as if a promise of God is yours before you have the Spirit of Christ is backwards , a perversion. 

If your not fulfilling pisteuo " a continually surrendered life " the Spirit of Christ , Christ , His word , and the promises in His word , are not yours yet. Your still in the drawing of the Father phase of the process. I don't discuss things of God with anyone who can't show they are theirs to talk about. Rom 8:9

I have provided for everybody to see, the Chapter and Verse that proves I am saved— 1cor15:1-4, unless ,of course , Paul and Jesus are liars.Until you provide Scriptural evidence of what you are claiming to be true (Salvation is only given to those that fully surrender ) you may as well claim we are saved by eating a 50# bag of birdseed.One can claim anything.Prove your claims using the Bible or admit that your unique revelation is just the latest hogwash that has come this way,attempting to set all of us dummies straight.Please don’t hide behind the “ Don’t discuss things of God .....” excuse.If you alone hold the secrets of Salvation, I think God would be very displeased if you do not share them.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  129
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

19 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I have provided for everybody to see, the Chapter and Verse that proves I am saved— 1cor15:1-4, unless ,of course , Paul and Jesus are liars.Until you provide Scriptural evidence of what you are claiming to be true (Salvation is only given to those that fully surrender ) you may as well claim we are saved by eating a 50# bag of birdseed.One can claim anything.Prove your claims using the Bible or admit that your unique revelation is just the latest hogwash that has come this way,attempting to set all of us dummies straight.Please don’t hide behind the “ Don’t discuss things of God .....” excuse.If you alone hold the secrets of Salvation, I think God would be very displeased if you do not share them.

You'll notice in 1 Cor. 15 , 1-4 it specifically stated " otherwise you have BELIEVED in vain.

That word " believed " is a mistranslaion. It comes from the Greek word " pisteuo ". Pisteuo is mistranslated 248 times in the NT .

I'll just replace the mistranslatied word with the Vines Greek dictionarys definition of pisteuo.

1 Cor. 15, 2 : " Otherwise we have surrendered our lives and lived a life inspired by such surrender in vain." 

Your understanding of Faith and faithing , pistis and pisteuo is resting on a mistranslaion.

Edited by faither 2

32 minutes ago, faither 2 said:

You'll notice in 1 Cor. 15 , 1-4 it specifically stated " otherwise you have BELIEVED in vain.

That word " believed " is a mistranslaion. It comes from the Greek word " pisteuo ". Pisteuo is mistranslated 248 times in the NT .

I'll just replace the mistranslatied word with the Vines Greek dictionarys definition of pisteuo.

1 Cor. 15, 2 : " Otherwise we have surrendered our lives and lived a life inspired by such surrender in vain." 

Your understanding of Faith and faithing , pistis and pisteuo is resting on a mistranslaion.

Where did I learn that the word pisteuo is a verb , an action word?

Where did I learn that Faith the noun , applied by faithing the verb , is an action , based upon a belief , sustained by confidence?

Where did I learn pisteuo couldn't be translated into the English language ?

Where did I learn the English language has no verb form of the noun Faith?

Where did I learn that the words Believe , believer , and Believing are mistranslatied ?

All by Dr. Gene Scott !

How did I know he was right ?

By responding to the call of the Father with a genuine surrendered life ( not a perfect one) and living a life inspired by such surrendered life. Making all the many daily decisions that show God , I concider my life to be His now , not mine.

Then the last part of the Vines definition came true. " Producing a full acknowledgement of God's revelation of truth."

Saving Faith and faithing is simple to understand , just hard to do. But it is possible with trust , courage , and His Spirit.

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

7 hours ago, faither 2 said:

No, your mistaken !

Dr. Scott never taught that we receive the Spirit of Christ by crying out Lord save me.

I've already shown you what must be done to be saved , so simple you must have missed it. 

Vines : saving Faith or pisteuo is " a personal surrender to Him and a life inspired by such surrender."

My words : a continually surrendered life.

I literally spent thousands and thousands of hours watching Dr.Scott on my out- in -the - boondocks C- Band satellite dish.This is why I must stop you in your tracks.Dr. Scott said EXACTLY what I said He said.. “All you got to do to be saved is cry out like Peter did when he was sinking real fast—- “Lord, save me!” I remember it like it was yesterday.I only heard him say it one time.Maybe that is why you are unaware of it. If I am wrong about this, may I burn in Hell forever.I heard him say it- you didn’t.Its that simple.If you refuse to believe me, we really have nothing more to discuss.If it blows your theology out of the water, I am sorry.The fact remains......HE SAID IT ! It’s quite similar to “ Anybody that asks to be saved WILL be saved”.I see no mention of “surrendering my life” in that Promise.Gene spent his entire ministry fighting Legalists who say “ Jesus saves BUT”....... you know that. He is surely spinning in his grave hearing you say “ Jesus saves   B U T, you have to surrender your life to Him”. Once again I will say that surrendering one’s life to Jesus is a great idea.Given time, the Holy Spirit indwelling the Believer will lead him to do that as part of the  Sanctification process.You are putting the cart before the horse .Faith in the Shed Blood is what saves.NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD. I am sure you have sung this—- was the writer of this song deluded like the rest of us?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Ha Gene Scott, a sad case of a man seemingly gone quite crazed, one who needed much personal attention like no one else I ever saw.

Gene of the "I ain't teaching till you pay, play the music till we meet budget, com'n! Pay  up." ..."And be ready for next month for it is double portion month. I need the 300 to pay double their $300,000 in July. I am sitting and waiting!" Gene lights his cigar, the music plays, and  the videos of his horses trot by. "While waiting, here is some of my finger painting in purple and browns you can buy, you must buy from me personally not the church. Damn FCC! !!!"

That Gene Scott? Oh the pyramid, the great pyramid, and the little pyramid of Gene's  monetary empire. Great fun watching this seemingly crazed salesman weave his presentation  for contributions that became like cultic rites of passage into gaining Gene's insight.

God's angry man? No, don't think so, seemed more a man with a plan to raise money for himself. Seems to me all watching him did was raise awareness of the Playboy Channel and fill in some late night hours for insomnaics. But hey I was one so I watched often.

Gene, much like a blind squirrel, sure found some fun topics and pushed some grand language contortions.  He was a kick! He used to berate his ex-wife on his program calling her the old battle axe and other sweet terms.  I did enjoy the extent to which he managed to put together a music team so awful it hurt the ears. Their "Sister Sow" was a classic an awful sick mocking tune.

I did wonder, does anybody actually give this guy money? How sad that seemed to me then, for those that might actually have given  up their money to champion such a man and show the FCC.

Guess the same is pretty much  the case about all men that get  followed and championed instead of Christ our Lord and savior, in whom  I "faithe", for it is His faith that saved me, and not of my own faithing.  

Anybody actually fall into paying Gene each month and  double portion when demanded by him? Never mind, I don't really need nor want to know. Consider it rhetorical.

Poor Gene finally went absolutely nutty when he found he had prostate cancer, a hard death many a man endures. He may have been a Christian may not have been, but he sure presented himself as a nut case, entertaining at the time, and so I suppose he kept me off the streets at night. No, I was not on the streets for real.

Ha, I remember now his demanding  that attendees acquire  ticket for  seats to attend his church,  and to see his Bible collection. as I remember it he insisted on attendees ordering a ticket, providing information, and made a big deal of having body guards, in his us versus them mode as  government supposedly  closed in on his operations. Never really knew how much of that  was real versus contrived to gain attention. Guess he was kind of a early reality showman. He would do great today on cable eh? Was ahead of his time there.  - Mean Gene. Ha what a kick!

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

16 hours ago, faither 2 said:

Sorry, " surrendering to His will " is not the same as a continually surrendered life.

Vines definition of pisteuo word for word : " a personal surrender to Him and a life inspired by such surrender."

You didn't look very hard.

Can we be friends? I don't understand your "you didn't look very hard" statement nor what you are trying to say about my character.

How hard is "very hard"? You had already quoted vines. I was pointing out that vines is not the end of the discussion. It is one of many sources and, in fact, is discussed here for what it IS good for: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/171333.aspx

And, interestingly, that very word (pisteuo) is used as an example. And Vines definition is right there for all to see. It's a bit more detailed than what you included above:

BELIEF, BELIEVE, BELIEVERS

A. Verbs.
1. pisteuo (πιστεύω, 4100), “to believe,” also “to be persuaded of,” and hence, “to place confidence in, to trust,” signifies, in this sense of the word, reliance upon, not mere credence. It is most frequent in the writings of the apostle John, especially the Gospel. He does not use the noun (see below). For the Lord’s first use of the verb, see 1:50. Of the writers of the Gospels, Matthew uses the verb ten times, Mark ten, Luke nine, John ninety-nine. In Acts 5:14 the present participle of the verb is translated “believers. See COMMIT, INTRUST, TRUST.
2. peitho (πείθω, 3982), “to persuade,” in the middle and passive voices signifies “to suffer oneself to be persuaded,” e.g., Luke 16:31; Heb. 13:18; it is sometimes translated “believe” in the RV, but not in Acts 17:4, RV, “were persuaded,” and 27:11, “gave (more) heed”; in Acts 28:24, “believed. See AGREE, ASSURE, OBEY, PERSUADE, TRUST, YIELD.
Note: For apisteo, the negative of No. 1, and apeitheo, the negative of No. 2, see DISBELIEVE, DISOBEDIENT.

B. Noun.
pistis (πίστις, 4102), “faith,” is translated “belief” in Rom. 10:17; 2 Thess. 2:13. Its chief significance is a conviction respecting God and His Word and the believer’s relationship to Him. See ASSURANCE, FAITH, FIDELITY.
Note: In 1 Cor. 9:5 the word translated “believer” (RV), is adelphe, “a sister,” so 7:15; Rom. 16:1; Jas. 2:15, used, in the spiritual sense, of one connected by the tie of the Christian faith.

C. Adjective. 
pistos (πιστός, 4103), (a) in the active sense means “believing, trusting”; (b) in the passive sense, “trusty, faithful, trustworthy.” It is translated “believer” in 2 Cor. 6:15; “them that believe” in 1 Tim. 4:12, RV (KJV, “believers”); in 1 Tim. 5:16, “if any woman that believeth,” lit. “if any believing woman.” So in 6:2, “believing masters.” In 1 Pet. 1:21 the RV, following the most authentic mss., gives the noun form, “are believers in God” (KJV, “do believe in God”). In John 20:27 it is translated “believing.” It is best understood with significance (a), above, e.g., in Gal. 3:9; Acts 16:1; 2 Cor. 6:15; Titus 1:6; it has significance (b), e.g., in 1 Thess. 5:24; 2 Thess. 3:3 (see Notes on Thess. p. 211, and Gal. p. 126, by Hogg and Vine). See FAITHFUL, SURE.
Notes: (1) The corresponding negative verb is apisteo, 2 Tim. 2:13, KJV, “believe not” RV, “are faithless,” in contrast to the statement “He abideth faithful.”
(2) The negative noun apistia, “unbelief,” is used twice in Matthew (13:58); 17:20), three times in Mark (6:6; 9:24; 16:14), four times in Romans (3:3; 4:20; 11:20, 23); elsewhere in 1 Tim. 1:13 and Heb. 3:12, 19
(3) The adjective apistos is translated “unbelievers” in 1 Cor. 6:6, and 2 Cor. 6:14; in v. 15, RV, “unbeliever” (KJV, “infidel”); so in 1 Tim. 5:8; “unbelieving” in 1 Cor. 7:12–15; 14:22–24; 2 Cor. 4:4; Titus 1:15; Rev. 21:8; “that believe not” in 1 Cor. 10:27. In the Gospels it is translated “faithless” in Matt. 17:17; Mark 9:19; Luke 9:41; John 20:27, but in Luke 12:46, RV, “unfaithful,” KJV, “unbelievers.” Once it is translated “incredible,” Acts 26:8. See FAITHLESS, INCREDIBLE, UNBELIEVER.¶
(4) Plerophoreo, in Luke 1:1 (KJV, “are most surely believed,” lit., “have had full course”), the RV renders “have been fulfilled.” See FULFILL, KNOW, PERSUADE, PROOF.

Vine, W. E., Unger, M. F., & White, W., Jr. (1996). Vine’s Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words (Vol. 2, p. 61). Nashville, TN: T. Nelson.

14 hours ago, faither 2 said:

What I would like to see from you is exactly what I have shown you , put your understanding of the Salvation process on the table to be tested.

Anything else is just words your hiding behind.

And who should be in charge of testing it? And who gets to decide when it has passed that test?

Edited by Still Alive

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  41,065
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On 3/3/2019 at 4:05 PM, faither 2 said:

I've been casting my pearls in front of swine for 30 years. And what Christ warns us of has happened over and over. My pearls are trampled, and then I'm trampled. 

I'm just not doing that anymore. So your going to have to get my attention somehow !

If you are addressing us in 'The Spirit' I doubt this above could be written as such... Jesus came into a world where no one was worthy to receive Him and yet He poured Himself out completely to all! As He was

2 Peter 3:9

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
KJV

22 hours ago, faither 2 said:

I've been "spitting it out " for 25 years on every christian forum there is. Tiresome ! Understatement !

Go find it.

again this and gives doubt as to what spirit you are coming from...

17 hours ago, faither 2 said:

No, your mistaken !

Dr. Scott never taught that we receive the Spirit of Christ by crying out Lord save me.

I've already shown you what must be done to be saved , so simple you must have missed it. 

Vines : saving Faith or pisteuo is " a personal surrender to Him and a life inspired by such surrender."

My words : a continually surrendered life.

God's righteous requirement of is the absolute absence of sin anytime throughout eternity how can you find this in a place where all are sinners and satan is their God?

Surely you are trying to install a reliance upon activity within the individual toward salvation.... simply God say's this can never be!
Eph 2:8-9

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
KJV

• This is Worthy 1

I never intended to return to this thread and won't do so again , no more pearls. You can trample the ones I put before you then continue your trampling of me. As you return to your wallows , I hope that God gives you what's needed to wake up.

• Oy Vey! 1

19 hours ago, faither 2 said:

Sorry, " surrendering to His will " is not the same as a continually surrendered life.

I think it depends on what "surrendering to His will" means to me when I say it. :)

And since I believe it is to be done continually, and it is my life I'm talking about, well, you get my drift. ;)