Jump to content
NathWChristian

are travel pictures on fb/instagram a sin?

Recommended Posts

Suppose you are a person who travel a lot, would it be a sin to post such pictures in your facebook or instagram because people could get jealous of you or baecause you could make people feel upset they do not have the same life as you? 

Would it be kind of ''showing off''?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

why would it be showing off? is it a sin to post a picture of a dog, and risk upsetting people who have a dog? or anything else really. I think adding words boasting and putting people down would not be a good thing, but the pictures themselves with kind, thoughtful words? no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, NathWChristian said:

Suppose you are a person who travel a lot, would it be a sin to post such pictures in your facebook or instagram because people could get jealous of you or baecause you could make people feel upset they do not have the same life as you? 

Would it be kind of ''showing off''?

The reason I joined fb was to post my pictures. If ever there is a fire or natural disaster, I can always get to them.

We travel a lot, and I have actually had people tell me that they enjoy my pictures/

Don't put burdens on yourself that don't need to be there. Life is hard enough already.

God Bless

Edited by PepperS
  • Thumbs Up 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

why would it be showing off? is it a sin to post a picture of a dog, and risk upsetting people who have a dog? or anything else really. I think adding words boasting and putting people down would not be a good thing, but the pictures themselves with kind, thoughtful words? no.

but then why do people on this forum say being an ''instagram model'' is a sin?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NathWChristian said:

but then why do people on this forum say being an ''instagram model'' is a sin?

I do not know what an instagram model is, sorry. 

Did everyone on the forum say it is sinful? and is an instagram model what you are saying you want to be. or just someone sharing a few photos with friends and relatives in facebook?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, NathWChristian said:

but then why do people on this forum say being an ''instagram model'' is a sin?

There is a huge difference between posting a picture of a dog and posting a picture of a half naked woman.

From looking at your past threads and posts, I am beginning to believe you are just pranking us.

Edited by PepperS
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, NathWChristian said:

but then why do people on this forum say being an ''instagram model'' is a sin?

Because Instagram models wear very little clothing and those pictures are for sexual enjoyment only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PepperS said:

There is a huge difference between posting a picture of a dog and posting a picture of a half naked woman.

From looking at your past threads and posts, I am beginning to believe you are just pranking us.

i am not talking about dogs, wth

when you post travel pictures you are showing people what you have, in this case, money.

how could this not be a sin?

I understand this as a sin afer being cleared up that being a instagram model in a sin. In this case what they show people is their beauty.

If showing people your beuaty is a sin why wouldn't it be a sin showing people you have money?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jayne said:

Because Instagram models wear very little clothing and those pictures are for sexual enjoyment only.

and travel pictures can spark jealousy because you are rich.

while instagram models spark lust because they are pretty.

I see no difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, it's not because they are pretty.  Lots of women are pretty and they do not purposefully try and make people lust.  The Instagram models are nearly nude and posing in sexually provocative poses with the sole intent of causing people to lust about a women that they are not married to.

If you can't see that difference, I don't have anything else to say.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×