IGNORED

What Argument Do You Use for God's Existence?

ksolomon

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  347
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2

Just now, Abdicate said:

Keep in mind these verses:

2 Thessalonians 2:8-11
Then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will kill with the breath of his mouth, and destroy by the manifestation of his coming; even he whose coming is according to the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, and with all deception of wickedness for those who are being lost, because they didn’t receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. Because of this, God sends them a working of error, that they should believe a lie;

Unfortunately people these days can’t tell the real from the fake.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

My argument is a little whimsical. Just like Abdicate:

Man is praying to God, saying I follow all your commandments, I don’t live in vain, could you please grant me one wish: God says, what would you like my son? Man says build me a bridge from California to Hawaii and back. God says: That’s kind of a tall order: Can you give me something much easier? The man says, okay God tell me everything there is to know about a woman and why she thinks the way she thinks: And Goes says, so do you want a two lane or a four lane bridge!

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

7 hours ago, Abdicate said:

"1,2,3, pray after me" is not the path to salvation.

And this is because many folks that are coming to JESUS are coming to a jesus that feeds the carnal desires of their heart .

Example .     COME TO JESUS IF you want your best life now syndrome .     They aint coming because they are in dire need of a savoir , they are coming

so they can have lifes dreams and abmitions ,  a better life etc .     If we coming to JESUS for prosperity gospel ,   he aint our GOD ,  MONEY IS .

And seeker friendly ,  do I need to go into that .     Gays are coming to JESUS ,   But its a JESUS that made them as THEY ARE .   IF YA KNOW what I mean .

I had two women telling me ,  I need to go to their church .   PS these two women were MARRIED .   THATS the JESUS most folks are coming too , an all inclusive one

in one form or another .   AND THAT IS NOT JESUS and they are NOT SAVED .  

• This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

I hear it so often .  OH we are saved ,   FROM WHAT ,   more and more don't even believe in hell or a lake of fire .

OH we are FREE .     FROM WHAT they are in willfull sin and serve it .

OH we have liberty .    TO SIN , to walk and serve the flesh .       BUT use not liberty for an occasion to serve the flesh .   OOPS .

WE GOT PROBLEMS ,    and I for one ,  I AM GOONA EXPOSE it all , rather than accept even one line of it .

Edited by frienduff thaylorde
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 11:37 AM, Abdicate said:

They exist but at a cost. Most "Christians" are not willing to pay the price for their manifestations. Rather than study what their fault is, they spend their energy on explaining away their lack of power.

1 Corinthians 4:20
For the Kingdom of God is not in word, but in power.

I say it might be a lack of devotion. Remember Paul had a thorn. when the Lord would not take away He say my strength is made strong in our weakness. Jesus is their for the weak who depend on Him. It is the word of God that is powerful  

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

I am fascinated with the universe and how infinite is. The argument is how big is the universe. and how does it exist. There is always the argument for and against God. Scientist want to take God out of the equation because they can't except spiritual things in creation.  

the fact is you cannot take God out of creation. They get the answer for one thing it opens the door for a thousand more questions. But if one does not want to believe God exists in all creation you cannot make him see. 

• Well Said! 1

• 5 months later...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  177
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

On 3/28/2019 at 1:26 PM, Behold said:

There are a lot of ways to approach a hostile audience with your question.

A few examples that are effective would inclued these.

1.) Tell them that.... they can't prove that God does not exist....  as this is something that most atheists and similar have never been told, or given the opportunity to think about.

See, its a fact that you can't prove that God does not exist, all you can do is argue against His EXISTENCE< which in fact is admitting that there is something there you are arguing about.

and then...

2.) Point out that you can't have creation with a Creator.

And this means, everything that exists, has a starting point, an invention point, and a creator who created it..... including the universe and all that we understand that this word means.

another one is.....   3.)  Science likes to start in the middle of the argument, regarding "how did it all get here"....and in this way they can hide from, avoid, and lead others away from "how did it all start". 'begin"

What Science likes to do, is start with the "big bang", as in this way, they are hiding some facts, by pretending that whatever it is that "banged", is made up of stuff......that "banged"....so, the STUFF that was a part of their "big bang theory", didn't create itself.   In other words, no matter how you look at how IT all did whatever it is that Science tries to use as proof...the fact is, ....molecules, atoms, quarks, ......call "original matter" whatever you like, but you have to understand that matter can't create itself from blank  nothingness....it had to be CREATED......... and so, Science likes to skip that part and run to the "big bang", which of course is talking about what stuff did AFTER it was already here. (Created/Creator).

Lastly, you can use this.......... Its my Rose explanation...   And its really simple......which is.....  4.) We are living in 2019, and Science is very advanced regarding study, equipment, and thought process, YET, there is no science and no scientist who can CREAT a ROSE from nothing.

They can clone it, hybrid it, and grow it from parts, or seeds, but all this is just manipulation of what already is created..........as SCIENCE cannot create a rose from NOTHING, as only GOD can do this, and did.

As a matter of fact, everything that man creates, is created from what already exists, and is manipulated into something else...

Man can't even create himself without preexisting parts, including a seed and a womb..... 

Only God can create man out of his imagination, out of  dirt, out of a rib, out of a virgin, and of course by combining Adam and Eve as "one".

• Praying! 1

On 3/28/2019 at 1:26 PM, Behold said:

There are a lot of ways to approach a hostile audience with your question.

A few examples that are effective would inclued these.

1.) Tell them that.... they can't prove that God does not exist....  as this is something that most atheists and similar have never been told, or given the opportunity to think about.

2.) Point out that you can't have creation with a Creator.

And this means, everything that exists, has a starting point, an invention point, and a creator who created it..... including the universe and all that we understand that this word means.

3.)  Science likes to start in the middle of the argument, regarding "how did it all get here"....and in this way they can hide from, avoid, and lead others away from "how did it all start". 'begin"

What Science likes to do, is start with the "big bang", as in this way, they are hiding some facts, by pretending that whatever it is that "banged", is made up of stuff......that "banged"....so, the STUFF that was a part of their "big bang theory", didn't create itself.   In other words, no matter how you look at how IT all did whatever it is that Science tries to use as proof...the fact is, ....molecules, atoms, quarks, ......call "original matter" whatever you like, but you have to understand that matter can't create itself from blank  nothingness....it had to be CREATED......... and so, Science likes to skip that part and run to the "big bang", which of course is talking about what stuff did AFTER it was already here. (Created/Creator).

Lastly, you can use this.......... Its my Rose explanation...   And its really simple......which is.....  4.) We are living in 2019, and Science is very advanced regarding study, equipment, and thought process, YET, there is no science and no scientist who can CREAT a ROSE from nothing.

1) Of course any atheist can not prove any God does not exist. But based on the same rule,s a theist cannot prove a God does exist. But the default position for a claim is not to accept the claim until the claimant can offer proof.  If I claimed that Spider Man exists, than it is on you to prove it does not exist?

2,3) Atheists and science do not claim a start point for this universe. The study of our universe has indicated a specific rate of expansion. Working backwards in time, it is strongly suggested that 13.8 billion years ago this universe began from a point of zero dimensions and almost infinite heat and energy. Before that instant, science and atheists do not know what the conditions were before the singularity. They make no claim on any creation.

The Rose. I agree, that currently mankind does not possess the knowledge and equipment to create a rose. So what, three thousand years ago mankind did not know how to make guns.

Edited by Eman_3
  • Praying! 1

On 5/6/2019 at 9:18 PM, Michael37 said:

What? Just spontaneously? Hardly reasonable.

Of course the evolution of the eye was not spontaneous. There is a very good video on the evolution of the eye, from it's beginnings as very simple cells that can sense changes in light ( to survive) to higher functions.

• Praying! 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 1/6/2020 at 7:04 PM, Godismyloveforever said:

You can't have the natural without the supernatural. 

How does that sentence make sense? The natural world can be examined and tested. The supernatural world can not be examined, proven or tested.

But apart from a bold assertion, can proof be offered in this explanation? Can any rational proof exist concerning the supernatural?

• Praying! 1