IGNORED

What Argument Do You Use for God's Existence?

ksolomon

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/9/2019 at 9:01 AM, Leyla said:

Do we have to ignore the evidence for evolution then? We cant have modern biology, genetics, medicine etc, if we view evolution as something that is not required and throw it away. Why is evolution generally such a strong, good, and predictive theory if its not required? [Edit] This thread started with how genomes, evolution etc are supposed to prove God, but so far it only did the opposite.

The main problem is that evolution is proof by analogy; even if it is possible to proof that the evolution of physical bodies is possible that does not at all proof that minds can evolve - they are to different from cells, DNA etc to draw that conclusion.

• Brilliant! 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  398
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

I read with rapt attention all the contributions on this thread and I find that I can add little to the insightful comments already proffered.  There is one angle yet to be analyzed:  what is the REAL reason for why evolution was/is promoted?  Please note below:

The Bible reveals how such teachings as evolution become popular. It says: “There will be a period of time when they will not put up with the healthful teaching, but, in accord with their own desires, they will accumulate teachers for themselves to have their ears tickled; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, whereas they will be turned aside to false stories.” (2 Timothy 4:3, 4) Although evolution is usually presented in scientific language, it is really a religious doctrine. It teaches a philosophy of life and an attitude toward God. Its beliefs are subtly attractive to mankind’s selfish, independent tendencies. Many who believe in evolution say that they also believe in God. However, they feel free to think of God as one who has not created things, does not intervene in man’s affairs, and will not judge people. It is a creed that tickles people’s ears.

The doctrine of evolution attracts many clergymen who want to appear wise. They are similar to those described in the apostle Paul’s letter to Christians in Rome. Paul wrote: “What may be known about God is manifest among them . . . His invisible qualities are clearly seen from the world’s creation onward, because they are perceived by the things made, even his eternal power and Godship, so that they are inexcusable; because, although they knew God, they did not glorify him as God nor did they thank him, but they became empty-headed in their reasonings and their unintelligent heart became darkened. Although asserting they were wise, they became foolish.” (Romans 1:19-22)

One could summarize the “why” of evolution’s genesis (no pun intended) by saying that it is a belief system fostered by Satan.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

Creation is the most complex subject there is. Scientist battle with. They can deal with anything that you can feel see and touch and reduce it the mathematical equations. If they say it all started by quantum figures then than all life and tangible objects started with the number O and O made all we see in the universe This what mans intellect takes them to.  

My argument always comes from the unseen things. atmosphere. gravity. With out this thing that holds all things together you cannot smell see or touch yet with out gravity there would be no universe to see.  So they can't and never will solve the mystery of what we cannot put a number on. But those of us that understand the things of the spirit have the answer already .

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Okay well, I personally don't have need for an argument of God's existence. Just saying. ;)  

• Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

33 minutes ago, pg4Him said:

When faced with a personal testimony about meeting Jesus, unbelievers take one of two positions: 1) you’re a liar, or 2) you hallucinated.

I'm guessing - 3) you had a dream or a vision. Would love to hear about it, and I've posted a dream that was experienced at about 36 years 0f age. It's here in the forums, if you'd be interested in it. If you're a bit shy about posting it, you can always PM me. God bless!

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thanks 1

• Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  347
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2

9 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

I'm guessing - 3) you had a dream or a vision. Would love to hear about it, and I've posted a dream that was experienced at about 36 years 0f age. It's here in the forums, if you'd be interested in it. If you're a bit shy about posting it, you can always PM me. God bless!

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

Actually no, it wasn’t a vision. First it was a very calm, lucid conversation, then the next morning it was a man with His arm around me walking everywhere I went. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

Even when Christians display signs or wonders, half the church is waiting to quote Matthew 7:23 in an effort to discredit it. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Abdicate said:

That verse only proves just how powerful the Name of Jesus is - that the lost and backsliders can use it. They have faith in His name, but not in their relationship with Him.

I’m just saying, it’s difficult to evangelize by Holy Spirit power when half the modern church says it’s heresy. Most of the major influencers on YouTube these days are strict cessationists. You built an evangelistic ministry on signs and wonders — just watch, Chris Rosebrough will be hot on your heels to call you an NAR wacko, and his thousands of fans of will gobble it up.

No, what these use to prove God these days is a marketing plan.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 2