Sign in to follow this  
ksolomon

What Argument Do You Use for God's Existence?

Here's mine.

Proof God exists is SUPER EASY for anyone to understand (sadly, the stubborn denier is the exception):  
1)  Each DNA contains 100 million pages worth of instructions to build the entire body.  Do instructions write themselves?  Nope.  Instructions don't write themselves.  Behind every instruction is an 'instructor' who authored it.  Carl Sagan said:  "The information content of a simple cell has been established as around one trillion bits, comparable to about 100 million pages of the Encyclopaedia Britannica."
2)  Every genome is written as a quaternary molecular digital code:  "All present life is based on digitally-encoded information."  (American Academy of Sciences). Do digital programs write themselves?  Nope again.
3)  Each cell contains hi-tech miniature organs (organelles - nucleus, golgi bodies, mitochondria, chloroplasts, etc.) - none of which are naturally found elsewhere - hence no natural explanation for their existence.
4)  Who can write a 100 million pages worth of instructions and then stuff it into every cell of our body?  This hyper-intellect is who we will face on Judgment Day. 
  • Thumbs Up 1

mine is even simpler than that.....    I met the devil and God snatched me out of the devil's grasp and set me free.

3 hours ago, ksolomon said:
Here's mine.

Proof God exists is SUPER EASY for anyone to understand (sadly, the stubborn denier is the exception):  
1)  Each DNA contains 100 million pages worth of instructions to build the entire body.  Do instructions write themselves?  Nope.  Instructions don't write themselves.  Behind every instruction is an 'instructor' who authored it.  Carl Sagan said:  "The information content of a simple cell has been established as around one trillion bits, comparable to about 100 million pages of the Encyclopaedia Britannica."
2)  Every genome is written as a quaternary molecular digital code:  "All present life is based on digitally-encoded information."  (American Academy of Sciences). Do digital programs write themselves?  Nope again.
3)  Each cell contains hi-tech miniature organs (organelles - nucleus, golgi bodies, mitochondria, chloroplasts, etc.) - none of which are naturally found elsewhere - hence no natural explanation for their existence.
4)  Who can write a 100 million pages worth of instructions and then stuff it into every cell of our body?  This hyper-intellect is who we will face on Judgment Day. 

Personally, I would not use this argument. This is certainly a classical argument along the lines of the Watchmaker Argument and has been used in the past but is probably one of the weaker way to argue for God's existence. This is essentially an argument from biological complexity. In other words, how could life be so complicated with out a creator? 

Although this argument may be convincing to some, I don't think atheists who are well-versed in evolutionary biology will have much of a problem with this argument as although evolution gives no answers as to the origins of life (that falls under the study of abiogenesis) it does present a reasonable explanation as to the development of complexity through mutations. Of course, you are free to disagree with those explanations. But I would say it would not be particularly effective as an argument if you want to convince an atheist especially if they are well-versed in evolutionary biology. 

Arguments based around modal logic or the past-finite nature of the universe would be much more interesting to me personally and would be more effective in my view. 

I don't. All I can do is tell what the Lord has done for me and what Christ has done for us all. We do not win souls by points of view. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, ksolomon said:
Here's mine.

The Jews. For thousands of year, country after country has sought to extinguish them and here they are still. How is that proof? God made a promise to Abraham and God's kept up His promise.

Sign in to follow this