• Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Abortion:  101+  Answers
http://truelgbt.wixsite.com/abortion101

Here are some sample questions answered:

Basic Q&A
Is an unborn child a person?
Does an unborn child have a soul, and if so, when?
Is a preborn child 'less' than a human being?
Why should a pre-born child be given equal rights as an adult?
Should it matter whether the child is inside or outside the womb?
Does a child who is unable to survive outside the womb have the right to live?

Reasons Not to Have an Abortion
Considering an abortion? What is the first thing you should do?
Abortion Methods:  the most common abortion procedures
Resources to get help
Testimonies from post-abortive women
Testimonies from former abortion workers
What to do if you are being harassed or coerced into aborting...

Medical Q&A 
When Life Begins:  The Consensus of the Scientific Community
When Does Pregnancy Begin:  At Conception or Implantation?
Does the unborn child meet hospital/emergency room criteria for 'life'?
How Does a Preborn Child Differ From a Mere Clump of Tissue?
“Fetus”:  What is the original meaning of the word?
Does the unborn child exhibit self-motivated activity, self-awareness/consciousness, and the ability to communicate - is it a sentient being?
Is the Preborn Child a Part of the Mother's Body?
Should a Preborn Child be Considered a Human Being or Just Human?
Is abortion an act of violence? Here are testimonies from abortionists...
What if the Mother's Life is in Danger (ectopic pregnancy)?
Why do pro-choice advocates appeal to the rare case when the mother's life is in danger?
Real Cases Where the Mother's Life was in Danger
Why do physicians recommend abortions when the mother needs chemo or is inadvertently given a medication which is harmful to the unborn baby?
What are some medical complications after having an abortion?

More Basic Q&A
Do 'Unwanted' Children Result in More Cases of Child Abuse?
Why Are Post-Abortive Women More Likely to Abuse Their Children?
If you don't like abortion, then don't get one!
Common Reasons for Abortions: If the reasons aren't justified after birth, why are they justified before birth?
Why Bring a Child into an Overpopulated World?
Why should we bring an unwanted child into a starving world?
Why Bring a Child into a Miserable and Violent World?
Can We Afford to Pay for Children Born With Deformities?
If pro-life advocates are not willing to adopt every unwanted child, what right do they have to speak out against abortion?
Isn't it Judgmental to Call Abortion Murder?

Legal Q&A
Laws Protecting the Preborn vs Abortion:  A Legal Contradiction?
Laws Protecting Newborns vs Abortion:  Another Contradiction?
Why Should an Unwilling Woman be Forced to Carry a Child?
Who has Greater Rights:  The Preborn Child or the Mother?
Does current law allow abortions up to the point of birth and for any reason?
Did Making Abortion Legal Also Make it Safer for Women?
Is it true that prior to Roe vs. Wade in 1973, there were 5000 - 10,000 deaths per year from illegal abortions?
Where did the false statistic of 5000 - 10,000 annual deaths originate?
Will outlawing abortion force women to use coat hangers?

Even More Basic Q&A
Shouldn't Women Have the Right to Control Their Own Bodies?
Isn't abstinence an unreasonable expectation?
Would you take away a woman's right to choose abortion?
Having a choice in abortion promotes personal freedoms in society
Is 'Choice' a Personal Choice or a Criminal One?
Should Men Have the Right to be Pro-Life?
Doesn't legalization of abortion promote freedom of the individual?
What about post-abortive women who claim they're "not sorry"?
Are Abortion Rights the Same as Womens' Rights?

Religious Q&A
Is Abortion Mentioned in the Bible?
Are Christians Obligated to Speak Out Against Abortion?
Exodus 21:  What Does it Say About Abortion?
Does Abortion Uphold or Violate the Golden Rule?

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,298
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

Another information option is this scientific explanation of human fertilisation found at:-

https://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2017/11/20449/

man life begins at fertilization, the process during which a male gamete or sperm unites with a female gamete or oocyte (ovum) to form a single cell called a zygote. This highly specialized, totipotent cell marked the beginning of each of us as a unique individual.” “A zygote is the beginning of a new human being (i.e., an embryo).” Keith L. Moore, The Developing Human: Clinically Oriented Embryology, 7th edition.

Source: Life Begins at Conception

It is the central question in the abortion debate: when does life begin?

Science teaches without reservation that life begins at fertilization (conception). It is a scientific fact that an organism exists after fertilization that did not exist before. This new organism has its own DNA distinct from the mother and father, meaning that it is a unique person. As the embryo grows, it develops a heartbeat (22 days after fertilization), its own circulatory system, and its own organs. From fertilization, it is a new organism that is alive and will continue to grow and develop as long as nutrition is provided and its life is not ended through violence or illness.

It is indisputably human, as it has human DNA.

Edited by Saved.One.by.Grace

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  04/20/1980

Hi Solomon,

I'm against abortion, too. I don't like legal abortion either.

But I'm in favor of its decriminalization. Here is why: To the best of my knowledge, noone knows if any law that prohibits abortion on pain of criminal penalties is effective enough to save lives.

But let's have a look now on what your author says concerning abotion:

It is a complete contradiction, both legally and morally, to protect newborns while failing to protect the unborn.  The same reasons which protect newborns should also protect the unborn.

In the whole paragraph, the author completely fails to explain why a ban on abortion would save or protect anything.
He goes on:

Why should an unwilling woman be forced to carry an unborn child for 9 months?

The question is improperly phrased and needs to be rephrased: "Does anyone have an unconditional right to a certain lifestyle?" In EVERY civilization known to mankind, the answer has always been "No"

Here again, the author is just assuming a ban on abortion would do its job - without giving any reason, let alone providing facts and figures about the subject. That's just an unsopported allegation. A ban on abortion, if justified, should be grounded on more than that.

I also think those searching to incriminate abortion are the ones whom the onus is on. They should provide the data necessary to back up claims that such a ban could fulfil its goals.

Now, in my opinion, the following comparison is getting anti-women biased:

This is why we have laws on driving, smoking, drinking alcohol, taking drugs, and the list goes on... Is it really an inconvenience to live and act in such a way as to preserve the safety of those around us? Are we really being "forced" to drive within the speed limits? Are we really being "forced" to avoid drinking while driving or "forced" to smoke in designated areas so others won't be harmed?  Or is using the word “forced” a matter of manipulative and political semantics?

Being pregnant, however, is not comparable to driving. If you don't drive, ok. You can perhaps walk, take the train, whatever...
But if a pregnant woman refrains from terminating her pregnancy, she remains pregnant with all that that implies. Being pregnant is totally different from car issues. It's her body that's concerned, your author totally leaves that out when he comes to talk about the legal status of abortion in the above linked page.

Regards,
Thomas
Edited by thomas t
spelling

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  3

An abortion stops a heartbeat, every single time.

How can it be that a 5 month old, born prematurely, is legally defined a "baby", but if still inside the mother at 5 months, its not legally defined as a baby by those who favor using an abortion factory to stop a heartbeat as a literal "post sexual encounter" (legalized) contraceptive device. ?

They want the sex, but they don't want the consequences, so they use the legal system to stop a heartbeat to avoid the responsibility.

How can a baby only be defined as a baby, if its outside the womb?

Thats not logic or logical....that is in fact moral insanity.

An abortion stops a heartbeat, every single time.

Edited by Behold
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

45 minutes ago, Cletus said:

exactly... if it was a health issue maybe they should not be engaging in the activities that place them at risk. 

They only use the health issue as an excuse .  we all know it .    And deep down WHY did they light that tower up ALL PINK .

They can play the health issue all day long .   But lets say they were being honest ,  WHY ON EARTH LIGHT AN ENTIRE TOWER UP IN CELEBRATION .

Because they honor evil .  THAT IS WHY .   For five seconds do we think if a woman had to lose her child she would rejoice over that .   NO.

This is all the working of satan .   And if that offends ban me people .  BUT I am not here to play PC .    ITS MURDER ,   figure it out folks .

OH ,   I KNOW CLETUS KNOWS IT IS .     They call it abortion .   But lets call it what it is ,  MURDER .    

We wont support it or any other sin .   

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

God judges those outside the church .  BUT WE JUDGE those inside .    SO LET ALL WHO NAME THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST depart from supporting murder .

Or be prepared to feel the rod of correction .    Wouldn't we rather just have joy of the LORD .   but if correction is necessary ,  ITS NECESSARY .

We running out of time folks ,  we better build one another up In TRUTH or be prepared to be totally deceived . 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  1

On 1/12/2019 at 12:35 PM, ksolomon said:

When Life Begins:  The Consensus of the Scientific Community

The Bible tells us life in man on this planet began in Gen 2:7 and that life was a living (eternal) soul, ...period, ...God said what He meant and He meant what He said!

All a man and woman do is donate a cell for the life/soul to live and grow in, ...the converse of that is if a man or woman were capable to pass on eternal life they would never die, ...to the best of my knowledge there has only been One Man born of woman that has Eternal Life and He proved that to us by resurrecting three days after He died physically!

Short answer..., abortion is murder!

But to any dear precious woman reading this that has had an abortion, it's not the unpardonable sin, you can be/are forgiven, Jesus died for your sin on the Cross, you have can be/have been forgiven, justified, blameless, ...a new creation in Christ.

Now unto Him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy, to the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever.   Amen.  Jude 1:24, 25

Lord bless

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi Cletus,

On 2/6/2019 at 3:38 PM, Cletus said:

55 million plus abortions done... if the statistic is not old.  for womens health concerns???..... my big toe.  over 3000 abortions conducted a day for womens health issues...  my other big toe.  and let me tell you... my big toes are quite big. 

Is that a fun post? Is this topic for making fun?

"55 million* plus abortions done... if the statistic is not old.  for womens health concerns???..... my big toe. " you say.

But who says so? If nobody, then it's useless to mention. If only a few, it has no use to mention it. You didn't cite absolutly any source to back up your allusion to somebody having made this bold statement.
If you say this is how pro choicers argue, then it would be nasty. For their whole line of reasoning centers around making choices - not health.** Please don't misrepresent anybody, as this is non-Christian behavior.
This would be no less than the strawman fallacy: You pretend the other side is saying something... and then you knock down their argument which was incurrectly assumed.

Regards,
Thomas

* this would be comparable to the amount of abortions performed every year worldwide, an estimated 42 million.

** pro-choicers want to strengthen choices as can be seen here, for example. This is just a source to back up what I've said, I don't support anything they say on that site.

Edited by thomas t
typo

6 hours ago, Cletus said:

i have no idea what you are trying to say on the rest of your post

Cletus, you brought up the idea that 55 million women are said to have an abortion for health reasons.

You wrote this:

"55 million plus abortions done... if the statistic is not old.  for womens health concerns???..... my big toe. "

Then I asked you who said this, in your opinion. Who ever would say that 55 million abortions are done for health reasons. You didn't cite any source.

If you are telling me that this is the stance of pro-choicers... then it would be a serious misrepresentation of what they say. And misrepresentations are not nice, I think.

Did I make it clear what I mean?

Regards, Thomas