IGNORED

Sometimes wonder if I'm saved...

Figure of eighty

If you accept Jesus Christ as Lord then smile. Laugh. Be ecstatic my friend. You are saved. 

Now pray first with thanks. Ask for guidance in thought, word and deed daily. Know that this will happen. Stop worrying and do your daily tasks including spreading the good news of Christ. It is how you conduct yourself and spread His love that is proof of Jesus. You are His channel. Yes YOU!  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

On 1/14/2019 at 9:24 PM, Figure of eighty said:

Hmm. I feel I've definitely experienced some of God but I can count it ok one hand  like maybe 3 times idk.  I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. I don't know of maybe this is normal for me.... I don't know if I in particular am supposed to feel good presence and comfort on the daily basis... as everyone's relationship with God is different.  I know I truly believe in God bc my parents weren't saved so they didn't push me to go.   I feel I went on my own...   Idk I just don't know..I feel it's not normal to be a Christian and not hear God or feel led .. and not have any fruit despite being saved for years. Something has to be wrong  I just don't know what.  When I got the HS I didn't feel anything...I just spoke in tongues. 

I just wonder if I'm doing everything wrong 

[reformated]

Sorry for the slow response.  I had meant to respond earlier this week.

One of the challenges is that Christians are describing how they subjectively feel when God does something in words that we cannot really reference objectively to one another.  Some groups of Christians use different words to describe the same thing and others use the same word to describe different things.   In addition, we are all different as you noted.   Some Christians feel emotions deeply and can have high highs and low lows.  Other Christians tend to be fairly steady most of the time.   We can get caught up and deceived by emotions.  But by the same token we can get caught up in trying to convince ourselves of intellectual opinions we hold.

One thing that can be helpful is having a small group of Christian friends, a prayer group, or a small Bible study, so we can be around Christians to share about how our spiritual walks are going.   Over the years, I've learned a lot about the Christian life from testimonies of Christians around me who I interact with.   As you interact with other Christians, you can see their actual life, and you can understand more what they talk about and what they mean. 

I've had times in my life where online interactions were my primary source of interaction with Christians; I've had times in my life where real life interactions were my primary source of interaction.  God has blessed both.  I think the key is having a group of Christians you interact with regularly who can get to know you (and vice versa) to the point where you have a good sense of how they are really doing in their lives.  It's as we share life with other Christians that we can better see how God works in various peoples' lives.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,644
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 1/13/2019 at 8:32 AM, Figure of eighty said:

Deep down I know. I'm very sure... But.. even though I have been baptized and have his Spirit. 

I'm completely drag to God, 

Don't feel or hear him. I don't feel his leadings.... Don't feel transformed..  

It's been this was for years and I'm close to giving up. In a way...I already have bc I feel there's no... Line of communication.

I don't know what God wants from me or expects...

But I feel I'm getting nowhere, nothing is clicking, I just feel alone with out God's presence of guidance. 

I feel after I got saved I was just on my own. Just been nothing but silence and just feel like I'm figuring things out on my own.

To some degree we all experience what you speak of.

If you want to do something about it, read your Bible with a vengeance. Then your questions will be asked.

Also with regard to being in constant communion / communication with God... all the lives of the believers you know of or hear of or read about in scriptures these are the highlights in their lives that do not take place every single day or month or year.

I also suggest fellowship with bible believing brethren.

Remember "it is not good for the man to be alone..."