Sign in to follow this  
Figure of eighty

Sometimes wonder if I'm saved...

Deep down I know. I'm very sure... But.. even though I have been baptized and have his Spirit. 

I'm completely drag to God, 

Don't feel or hear him. I don't feel his leadings.... Don't feel transformed..  

It's been this was for years and I'm close to giving up. In a way...I already have bc I feel there's no... Line of communication.

I don't know what God wants from me or expects...

But I feel I'm getting nowhere, nothing is clicking, I just feel alone with out God's presence of guidance. 

I feel after I got saved I was just on my own. Just been nothing but silence and just feel like I'm figuring things out on my own.

Edited by Figure of eighty

7 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

Deep down I know. I'm very sure... But.. even though I have been baptized and have his Spirit. 

It's been this was for years and I'm close to giving up. In a way...I already have bc I feel there's no... Line of communication.

But I feel I'm getting nowhere, nothing is clicking, I just feel alone with out God's presence of guidance. 

I feel after I got saved I was just on my own. Just been nothing but silence and just feel like I'm figuring things out on my own.

This is the same for everyone sometimes in their lives. God wants you to go through the desert to see if you really want Him. That is, that will you still seek Him and His ways. Pray and study without "feeling" Him. He wants you to graduate from the level of maturity you're at right now on to the next level. It's about the journey to see if you'll live in faith (in strong conviction). Jesus spent 40 days in the wilderness. Hang in there, seek and you shall find.

• Loved it! 1

P.S. He's waiting on you, so don't wait on Him to do something first. Commit to Him. Study. Pray. Fast. And fasting doesn't mean just from food, but from the Internet, TV, socializing, whatever takes precedence in your life, surrender it as an offering to God and take that time to focus on Him.

3 hours ago, Abdicate said:

This is the same for everyone sometimes in their lives. God wants you to go through the desert to see if you really want Him. That is, that will you still seek Him and His ways. Pray and study without "feeling" Him. He wants you to graduate from the level of maturity you're at right now on to the next level. It's about the journey to see if you'll live in faith (in strong conviction). Jesus spent 40 days in the wilderness. Hang in there, seek and you shall find.

I think Rick Warren prescribes the right medicine in harmony with the above. It's not about a constant "happy experience". Sure enough one feels "at peace" when we have Christ in our hearts part of the Church or Body of Christ (T.E.V.Col 3:15). The question is are you active in your church in the service of God? If so great !Secondly even the "Biblical Greats" also felt that God had left them. Rick Warren comes to the rescue with, "To mature your friendship, God will test it with periods of seeming separation-times when it feels as if he has abandoned or forgotten you...A.W.Tozer called them  'the ministry of the night.' Others refer to 'the winter of the heart.'

Besides Jesus, David probably had the closest friendship with God of anyone. God took pleasure in calling him 'a man after my own heart."( New Century Version.Ps 116:10)Yet David frequently complained of God's apparent absence.: 'Lord, why are you standing aloof and far away? Why do you hide when I need you the most.? (Living Bible.Ps 10:1)' Why have you forsaken me? (New Living Translation Ps 22:1)"(Warren. Purpose Driven Life 108)The main question we must clarify is, is God to serve us; or are we here to serve God; no matter what the world throws at us?

As already said above, the study of the Scriptures brings us close to God and His will as revealed to us.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

Read the first 3 chapters of John's Gospel, and then read chapters 5 through 8 of Romans. Not a magic pill, but it can't hurt, because the message here is the message of the Cross. The way believers end up in a wilderness of sin is through placing faith in something other than the death and resurrection of Jesus. Believers must balance good works with faith in Christ crucified: Proper faith produces proper works (Fruit of the Spirit).

If you've never received the "Baptism of the Holy Spirit" then you should pray about that too; It can't hurt.

So you are in the wilderness; Trust me, I've been there. I'm 38 years old and still wondering where my wife and ministry are; All I normally do for ministry is debate with people on the internet, or sometimes discuss God and religion with people if they bring up the topic first.

Don't worry, you're going to fail. God lets us fail so he can teach us Humility.

Besides, if you're worried about whether you're saved or not, you're probably saved, you're just letting worry get the better of you.

Salvation comes through the Cross of Christ. If you believe that God raised Jesus from the dead, and that Jesus was the Only Begotten Son of God, and you confess that with your mouth, then you are saved...As John wrote that nobody can confess that Jesus is Lord but by the Holy Spirit. "For whosoever shall call upon the Name of the Lord (Jesus) shall be saved."

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

I feel there's no... Line of communication.

The line of communication is prayer and the Word.  Prayer is so important that one of Jesus' disciples asked Him to teach them how to pray, and He did!  I'm sure you have read His model prayer in Matthew 6, but open your Bible and read it afresh. This time really think about what each line means and about why you think He included it.  Find a quiet place and try writing or saying your own prayer, modeled after His, putting it in your own words and including a few more specifics relevant to you.  Our Father will be listening carefully to everything you say, and your words are so precious to Him that He lovingly collects them in "golden bowls" in Heaven (Revelation 5:8).  

Jesus opened this line of communication for you when he paid your sin debt on the cross, so take advantage of this wonderful privilege that has been given to you!  You can talk to your Creator, the very One who formed you in your mother's womb, the very One who knew you before you were even born, the very One who KNEW every insecurity and doubt you would ever feel!  He loves you and longs to be gracious to you and help you navigate this confusing life!  

Isaiah 30:18....  Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; therefore He will rise up to show you compassion, for the Lord is a God of justice.  Blessed are all who wait for Him. 

Now the waiting begins.  You will hear from Him through the Word.  You may not receive an answer to your prayer right away, but He will have plenty to say to you in the meantime as you drink in His Spirit-breathed words.  Studying the Bible will inspire you to want to talk with Him even more.  Soon, there will be an ongoing communication between the two of you, and over time, you will be able to look back and see all the many ways He has answered your prayers--sometimes with a yes, sometimes with a no, sometimes with an unexpected variation that works out even better than you ever dreamed about or imagined!  

Psalm 34:15....  The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and His ears are attentive to their cry. 

Always remember, you have been made righteous in God's eyes by the blood of Jesus.  You are His.  You are loved.  He longs to hear from you, and He is waiting! 

Edited by PromisesPromises!
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

7 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

Hi Figure of Eighty. Your post put me in mind of Hebrews 12. I won't post all 29 verses but they address our situation as disciples of Christ who, as the name suggests, are to be disciplined in both senses of the word, keeping our lives in order, and accepting corrective training. Verse 11 speaks of the end result of discipline, which is well worth aiming for. See how you go with God's Word for You Today...

Heb 12:1-6 (ESV)
(1)  Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,
(2)  looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.
(3)  Consider him who endured from sinners such hostility against himself, so that you may not grow weary or fainthearted.
(4)  In your struggle against sin you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood.
(5)  And have you forgotten the exhortation that addresses you as sons? "My son, do not regard lightly the discipline of the Lord, nor be weary when reproved by him.
(6)  For the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and chastises every son whom he receives."
Heb 12:1-6 (KJV)
(1)  Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
(2)  Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
(3)  For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.
(4)  Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.
(5)  And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:
(6)  For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

Heb 12:11 (ESV)
(11)  For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.

Heb 12:11 (KJV)
(11)  Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

Tell us more about what happened that brought about your salvation.  Were you convicted of sin?  What happened to lead you to believe you were saved?

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Hands On said:

I think Rick Warren prescribes the right medicine in harmony with the above. It's not about a constant "happy experience". Sure enough one feels "at peace" when we have Christ in our hearts part of the Church or Body of Christ (T.E.V.Col 3:15). The question is are you active in your church in the service of God? If so great !Secondly even the "Biblical Greats" also felt that God had left them. Rick Warren comes to the rescue with, "To mature your friendship, God will test it with periods of seeming separation-times when it feels as if he has abandoned or forgotten you...A.W.Tozer called them  'the ministry of the night.' Others refer to 'the winter of the heart.'

Besides Jesus, David probably had the closest friendship with God of anyone. God took pleasure in calling him 'a man after my own heart."( New Century Version.Ps 116:10)Yet David frequently complained of God's apparent absence.: 'Lord, why are you standing aloof and far away? Why do you hide when I need you the most.? (Living Bible.Ps 10:1)' Why have you forsaken me? (New Living Translation Ps 22:1)"(Warren. Purpose Driven Life 108)The main question we must clarify is, is God to serve us; or are we here to serve God; no matter what the world throws at us?

As already said above, the study of the Scriptures brings us close to God and His will as revealed to us.

Rick Warren is a wolf in sheep's clothing. Beware of him. Stick to the word of God without Ricky's interpretation.

• Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

1 hour ago, Abdicate said:

Rick Warren is a wolf in sheep's clothing. Beware of him. Stick to the word of God without Ricky's interpretation.

Thank you I will bear that in mind. However, the fact remains, no matter how Rick Warren is branded for whatever reason, is his opinion and verses referred to here, relevant or helpful to the topic posted. How has he not stuck to the word of God in this particular instance?

Sign in to follow this