IGNORED

Adriana Lima: as a Christian, should she give up modeling career?

NathWChristian

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  58
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Adriana Lima (Victoria's Secret model) has given interviews where she says she is a devout christian. She is a lingerie model too. She never gave up modeling (there are models who give up modeling because of Christ).

Wouldn't it be agaist her christian faith that she models lingeries? Is she in a sinful state for being a Victoria Secret model?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Pray for her that she matures in her faith.  Some people are very religious but are not born again.  She may be a devout Catholic but not read and know the Bible.  She may be a devout Mormon or Jehovah's Witness and call herself a Christian but actually be deceived.  So I can only encourage you to pray for her.  I have never heard of her before, but I am not well acquainted with the things of the world.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 2

29 minutes ago, Willa said:

Pray for her that she matures in her faith.  Some people are very religious but are not born again.  She may be a devout Catholic but not read and know the Bible.  She may be a devout Mormon or Jehovah's Witness and call herself a Christian but actually be deceived.  So I can only encourage you to pray for her.  I have never heard of her before, but I am not well acquainted with the things of the world.

"Some people are very religious but are not born again"

could you give exemple or explain?

Some people attend church regularly, give 10% of all they earn to the church, and never have a relationship with the living God.  They have a relationship with a church.  People who are born again understand the Bible clearly and hunger to read it.  They pray to and listen to God, walk in His Spirit and reach out where His love leads them, and they desire to live a life that honors God in all they say and do.  Yes, they often fail.  But increasingly they allow Christ in them to work through them, to love and forgive through them.

2Co 13:5  Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

2Co 13:5  ESV  Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Or do you not realize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you fail to meet the test!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2
  • Brilliant! 1

45 minutes ago, Willa said:

Some people attend church regularly, give 10% of all they earn to the church, and never have a relationship with the living God.  They have a relationship with a church.  People who are born again understand the Bible clearly and hunger to read it.  They pray to and listen to God, walk in His Spirit and reach out where His love leads them, and they desire to live a life that honors God in all they say and do.  Yes, they often fail.  But increasingly they allow Christ in them to work through them, to love and forgive through them.

2Co 13:5  Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

2Co 13:5  ESV  Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Or do you not realize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you fail to meet the test!

She is a false christian then.

Many girls will think "adriana lima is a christian and models lingerie, so I can be a christian and try to look sexy on pictures at the same time".

Bad exemple.

2 minutes ago, NathWChristian said:

She is a false christian then.

Many girls will think "adriana lima is a christian and models lingerie, so I can be a christian and try to look sexy on pictures at the same time".

Bad exemple.

Only God knows her heart.  As I said,  Pray for her that she grows in her faith.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,088
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Well, I'm not that acquainted with Victoria's Secret, but is that really any worse than what people wear at the beach these days....     I think what is acceptable in society in general has gotten out of hand.  I think I'll leave it up to the Lord to decide any persons situation.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  1,214
  • Content Per Day:  0.50

13 hours ago, NathWChristian said:

Adriana Lima (Victoria's Secret model) has given interviews where she says she is a devout christian. She is a lingerie model too. She never gave up modeling (there are models who give up modeling because of Christ).

Wouldn't it be agaist her christian faith that she models lingeries? Is she in a sinful state for being a Victoria Secret model?

how can we be sure she is a born again believer and not just religious?

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,088
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

15 minutes ago, Equippers said:

how can we be sure she is a born again believer and not just religious?

I'm not sure we can be sure about anyone...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

14 hours ago, NathWChristian said:

I would say that is between her and God and none of my business. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1