IGNORED

Adriana Lima: as a Christian, should she give up modeling career?

NathWChristian

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  58
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

we are to "honor God with our bodies" (1 Corinthians 6:20)

She mocked Easter in 2018

I think she crossed the line now on that one, what christian would make a naked video about Easter? she probably doesnt even understand what is christianity and claims being a christian just for convinience.

Edited by George
Removed link as inappropriate for some on the forums.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

16 hours ago, NathWChristian said:

Adriana Lima (Victoria's Secret model) has given interviews where she says she is a devout christian. She is a lingerie model too. She never gave up modeling (there are models who give up modeling because of Christ).

Wouldn't it be agaist her christian faith that she models lingeries? Is she in a sinful state for being a Victoria Secret model?

Queen Esther?

Was she wrong to be entered into the beauty contest for Queen?

[FOOTNOTE] I used to be a very vocal believer about covering up. I had every argument six ways from Sunday all prepped and scripture referenced from Leviticus to Isaiah to Jeremiah to Matthew 5 to 1 Peter 3:1-4... the way Jezebel painted her face to rebel against God before her death... etc.

But when one stops imposing the Law of Moses on believers (as Grace dictates we are free from) and we focus on the commandments of the age of Grace (to love one another and witness Christ to every creature)... these petty arguments and self imposed attempts at self righteousness no longer burden or hinder us.

Yes these things still be sin.

Yes life is easier if we limit sin in our lives.

But perfecting this life or things in this life is not our job.

Our job is to get others saved once we are saved.

Edited by JohnD
  • Thanks 1

The case can certainly be made that by God's Law we all commit adultery every day of our lives.

Isaiah 47:1–3 (AV)
1 Come down, and sit in the dust, O virgin daughter of Babylon, sit on the ground: there is no throne, O daughter of the Chaldeans: for thou shalt no more be called tender and delicate.
2 Take the millstones, and grind meal: uncover thy locks, make bare the leg, uncover the thigh, pass over the rivers.
3 Thy nakedness shall be uncovered, yea, thy shame shall be seen: I will take vengeance, and I will not meet thee as a man.

Ladies, do you cover every inch of leg all the time so that no male sees any part of it (even if by accident)? How about covering your heads?

Gentlemen, do you ever look upon a woman who is not your wife to admire their beauty or lust after their flesh? 

Hmm?

Look around the next time you are in Church to see how many are abiding by Isaiah 47:1-3 or Matthew 5:27-30.

When you have solved this...

Matthew 7:1–5 (AV)
1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother’s eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother’s eye.

John 7:24 (AV)
24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Ask yourselves, what matters more?

That a model appeals to others with her faith?

Or that all women who believe dress like Catholic Nuns?

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,165
  • Content Per Day:  1.22

Hollywood and the fashion industry are places where satan flourishes.

Like it has been said pray for the model for her own salvation.

But anyone modeling Victoria secret has to be alluring and show sex appeal to the camera to lure and entice the interest of the lookers. The modeling business is a very very superficial business and there are a lot of snakes all around. Its not a Godly or Holy place for sure. Its a worldly place and worldly occupation.

2 Corinthians 6:17 2 Corinthians 6:17 Do Not Be Unequally Yoked
16What agreement can exist between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: “I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be My people.” 17“Therefore come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord. Touch no unclean thing, and I will receive you.” 18And: “I will be a Father to you, and you will be My sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.”…

Is that fashion business like Victoria's secret and Hollywood what God wants of a christian woman to be involved in? NO

And with more research in Gods word on your own, you can find the answers in scripture of what a Godly woman is. Psalm 16:11, Psalm 84:10-12, Mark 10:42-45, 2 Corinthians 5:10, Philippians 1:21, Hebrews 6:10, 1 Peter 2:21-23

Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men. – Colossians 3:23

But getting out of this world system takes a lot of deep searching in the Word and asking the Holy Spirit of God for discernment and guidance.

This lady model may indeed think she love the Lord and think she is a christian, she maybe indeed still slowly growing in the Lord and if God has His hands on her, He will beckon her heart.  Look a the parable of the sower: Mathew 13 , but in the end its up to her.

Sometimes people have to go through a lot to finally SEE just how deep in sin they were in.

But also in the mids of being in sin, terrible things can happen, that would not come about had the person been living in less sin and close to God and His Word.

So therefore this model who continues to model Vittoria secret and claims to be a christian is NOT a good example for any young girls to emulate.

But so many claim even in Holly wood to be a christian.

You can find the following title of a you tube video:

The Secret Origin of "Hollywood" will shock you! (R$E)

"Often, we will find out what we are made of by what comes out of our mouths in both good and bad circumstances. When we have a change in conduct and character in our lives, it is a type of spiritual fruit. Galatians 5:22 says, "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control . . . " (NKJV). A Christian's life should be characterized by these things. Are you producing fruit? Or is the opposite true? Instead of love, is there hatred, bitterness, or even prejudice in your life? Instead of joy, is there constant gloom? Instead of peace, is there turmoil? Instead of gentleness, is there a short temper? Instead of faith, is there endless worry? Instead of meekness, is there pride and arrogance? Instead of self-control, are you a victim of your own passions? If so, then either you don't know God at all or a recommitment to Christ would be in order. "

Pray she has or will find salvation in the Lord.

Mark 8:36 36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

Luke 9:25 25 For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and is himself destroyed or lost?

Mathew 16:26 26 For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

9 hours ago, JohnD said:

Queen Esther?

She wasn't sinning personally because she was forced into the sex contest - and that's what it was.  Beauty was just a part of it.

King Xerxes was a pagan man of a pagan people and he had lustful appetites out of control.  When he wanted a new queen, his people rounded up all the pretty virgins they could find, - Esther being one of them - but him not knowing that she was a Jewish slave in bondage.

These women had to spend 6 months undergoing oil treatments and 6 months undergoing spice treatments.  Esther got a special diet.  All of this just so they could compete  - each having an equal chance by having sex with the king for one night only.  Apparently he like toys because on the night of their going to him, they could "take anything they wanted".  When it was Esther's turn, she didn't know what to take so her eunuch friend advised her on what to take. ?

The queen would be the one who pleased him sexually the most.  All the rest had to go in to another and different group - the concubines.  He never had sex with them again unless he just had a whim to and called for one of them.  They lived out their lives basically as forgotten women.

No, Esther, was not sinning as she had no choice.

God knew that King Xerxes was a man driven by him appetites for more and more and more of everything.  When one of Xerxes men wants to kill all the Jews, there would be only one person who could talk Xerxes into reason and to save the Jewish slaves.

As Mordecai said, Esther was raised up for such a time as this.

She was not in sin, but that does not erase the vulgar and vile behavior of the king and the pathetic treatment of the women of Persia.

On 1/14/2019 at 5:55 PM, Jayne said:

She wasn't sinning personally because she was forced into the sex contest - and that's what it was.  Beauty was just a part of it.

King Xerxes was a pagan man of a pagan people and he had lustful appetites out of control.  When he wanted a new queen, his people rounded up all the pretty virgins they could find, - Esther being one of them - but him not knowing that she was a Jewish slave in bondage.

These women had to spend 6 months undergoing oil treatments and 6 months undergoing spice treatments.  Esther got a special diet.  All of this just so they could compete  - each having an equal chance by having sex with the king for one night only.  Apparently he like toys because on the night of their going to him, they could "take anything they wanted".  When it was Esther's turn, she didn't know what to take so her eunuch friend advised her on what to take. ?

The queen would be the one who pleased him sexually the most.  All the rest had to go in to another and different group - the concubines.  He never had sex with them again unless he just had a whim to and called for one of them.  They lived out their lives basically as forgotten women.

No, Esther, was not sinning as she had no choice.

God knew that King Xerxes was a man driven by him appetites for more and more and more of everything.  When one of Xerxes men wants to kill all the Jews, there would be only one person who could talk Xerxes into reason and to save the Jewish slaves.

As Mordecai said, Esther was raised up for such a time as this.

She was not in sin, but that does not erase the vulgar and vile behavior of the king and the pathetic treatment of the women of Persia.

So... it only matters if you were forced into a sin rather than sinning willfully? 

Is that your point?

Reread the Levitical laws please. Even ignorance of the law is not excuse / free pass.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  07/02/1966

I looked up who she is.

So far, no one has considered two things: 

1. In the arts/entertainment (in which I include modeling) why would anyone claim to be a Christian who isn’t? Most of the industry is hostile to Christianity and it’s rare to see anyone acknowledge Christ.

2. Most importantly, she could be the only Christian model ANY of the other young models come into contact with. She could actually be leading people to Christ there. A woman I grew up with went to Paris on a modeling contract and came back a year later as a used up cocaine addict. It’s a dangerous environment.

If men can’t control their lust because a model wears lingerie, they are the problem, not her. I can admire a beautiful woman and recognize a nice figure without immediately fantasizing about having sex with her. She’s simply beautiful and that’s just a fact.

If women think she’s not modest enough they should ask themselves why they wear makeup and  earrings and color their hair. It’s to look appealing, that’s why. If you are wearing a burlap sack with 6 foot long grey hair tied up in a giant bun, I stand corrected.

Lastly, none of us should be speculating who is and who is not a false Christian without knowing them.

I completely agree we should pray for her spiritual maturity. While we are at it, let’s pray for each other’s as well (don’t leave me out, I admit to needing it).

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

On 1/14/2019 at 4:12 AM, JohnD said:

Queen Esther?

First off, she didn't enter into the beauty contest, ...she was forced to participate or be killed!

Second the story takes place at the time of Ezra and it's one of many illustrations of God's grace and providential care for His people, ...even the ones that didn't return to their land after the captivity. 

As has been previously stated it probably was a sexual contest between the women, ...what were their choices, queen or a celibate life, we must not judge them for their actions, we would probably all do the same if faced with the same choice, also, we must remember they probably were not Jewish, ...thus without the knowledge of God's Law.

There isn't anything recorded that Esther behaved in that matter, so we must not add to Scripture with our ideas, ...what Scripture does tell us is;

The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: He turneth it whithersoever He will. Pro 21:1

With that in mind and with the rest of the story we see God, in His Providential care, placing Esther as queen so that she can save her people from annihilation.

Lord bless

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

How old is she. when become Born again. We can only pray that she is convicted. 

Im Shure these girls make good pay. How ever it can become a man thing. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Okay .  let me say what some wont .

How come WHEN GOD called me out of darkness,  He took all those desires I had that were against Him and brought Him no honor , RIGHT OUT of my heart .

HOW come my heart was changed.    AM I the only one .  RIGHT .    WHEN GOD CHANGES ONE , HE CHANGES their desires .  STOP making excuses for her .

Instead ,  pray she be convicted and repent .   WE do understand their are lots of christains who worship God in mouth , just as their were lots of jews that did the same .

My ,   have we become so seeker friendly that we no longer warn folks , HEY REPENT of that , IT BRINGS GOD NO HONOR .