IGNORED

Yes, God loves us. But is He pleased with us? And does that matter to us?

Gideon

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

22 minutes ago, naominash said:

I hear you.

I am guilty of relying too much on respected Christian pastors and personalities and not on Scripture and asking God what would please Him.

Sometimes I use "third-party" stuff to deal with my Father.

Right now, I am afraid to talk to Him directly and hear from Him, not because I think he'll condemn me. But I think He would want me to stop hiding from Him so He can tell me something.

I don't know what that something is. But I'm not sure I'm ready to hear it. Once God tells you to do something, you just have to do it.

Bad reasons not to talk to our Father and ask what pleases Him. I feel like He might ask something too hard, and then I'll hate myself for disappointing Him.

Sister, it has been a while. So good to see and hear from you again. 

May I encourage you to seek His face? We all have this mentality that He will tell us to give away all our stuff, or to go become a missionary and live in a mud hut. LOL. But He has come that we might have life and have it more abundantly. Let us not confuse that with material blessings, for all He has told us there is that He will meet our needs, not our.wants. But He does have something for us far better. Free indeed! 

What hurts His heart is that fellowship with Him is life. Without it, we wither. Just as parents love their children, and we are imperfect at best, can we imagine how much He loves us and wants our relationship with Him to grow? It is our unbelief that blinds us to the goodness of God. We instead become like the unprofitable servantcwho made no gain, for in his mind, the master was a hard master who ‘reaped where He did not sow’.

That phrase is very revealing. Listen, if God wants you to do something, He will sow the desire into your heart first. It is the goodness of God that leads us to repentance. Oh, we might obey out of dread and fear, but our obedience will be shallow and forced. God longs for cheerful givers. 

MaycI tell you plainly that once we fully yield ourselves over to the Lord and let Him be the master potter, everything changes. We cannot believe we are dead and our life is hid with Christ until we do. When we finally  answer the question “Are we having fun yet.”, doing it OUR way with US in control, with a resounding NO, we finally are ready to have the blinders removed from our hearts. The true beauty of holiness, of being caused to abide in Him and to obey Him by the master potter finally dawn on us and we look back saying “How could I have been so blind?”

In these last days, we are all being awakened to the truth. Yes, we must lose our life to find His, and climb down off our throne,  but what we get in return, in THIS  life, is mind blowing. That is my prayer for you, that God will joyfully blow your mind as you finally comprehend how amazing ‘the glorious liberty of the children of God.” really is. 

Blessings, dear sister

Gideon

Edited by Gideon

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

3 minutes ago, naominash said:

The fact that He is good is sometimes... hard.

Make it harder to ignore Him and hide and do a bunch of crazyness

Listen to the lies Satan tells us about God’s goodness is ALWAYS..... hard. ☺️

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

5 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

He aint .     Solid proof of why I have so often warned out against a senual love .   This kind of love holds no honor to GOD .

They got strippers for GOD too .    They got about anything these days for GOD .  yet if its sin , HOW ON earth can it BE FOR GOD .

I truly wish folks would just start over IN the LORD and learn Him well .

Where do people get this crazy stuff from, not from the HOLY bible that's for sure......clearly we are in the falling away.  What does it mean to be saved.......it doesn't mean that we continue to live in our sins, it means we get saved from them.   Like where it says we have been translated out of the kingdom darkness into the kingdom of light.  What on earth are some folks thinking......that we get saved and washed in the blood and cleaned up and then go back to living in the filth of the kingdom of darkness....it doesn't even make sense.....what a deception and so sad.

And I have to say that this kind of thinking is a form of self-righteousness and pride in itself....as if people are trying to be more righteous than God and accusing Him of being mean.  He is the one who sets the standards, not we....and He is both just and righteous together.  He doesn't call sin holy.  He calls it sin and bids us to walk away from it, overcome it, etc.  He doesn't call it okay, that's for sure.

Edited by Heleadethme
  • This is Worthy 2

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

"Therefore I beg you, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service. 

Don't be fashioned according to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God. (Romans 12:1-2)

"And you are not your own, for you have been redeemed at infinite cost. Therefore glorify God in your bodies." (1 Corinthians 6:20)

To those who are true believers, their bodies are no longer their own. Which means they have no right to flaunt them before the eyes of men. Whether for money, for fame or for excitement.

Or supposed witnessing. (What a sad testimony is that! The total opposite of the transformed life Christ brings with the miracle of being born again.)

"You, however, are controlled not by the flesh, but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ." (Romans 8:9)

God views this very seriously.

"Without holiness no one will see the Lord" (Hebrews 12:14)

• This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

11 minutes ago, turtletwo said:

"Therefore I beg you, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service. 

Don't be fashioned according to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God. (Romans 12:1-2)

"And you are not your own, for you have been redeemed at infinite cost. Therefore glorify God in your bodies." (1 Corinthians 6:20)

To those who are true believers, their bodies are no longer their own. Which means they have no right to flaunt them before the eyes of men. Whether for money, for fame or for excitement.

Or supposed witnessing. (What a sad testimony is that! The total opposite of the transformed life Christ brings with the miracle of being born again.)

"You, however, are controlled not by the flesh, but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ." (Romans 8:9)

God views this very seriously.

"Without holiness no one will see the Lord" (Hebrews 12:14)

These are the posts I am taking about .    Right here .   between you and sister he leadeth me .  POINTING to ONLY JESUS and pure scriptures .  SISTER , my hearts just rejoicing so much .

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

7 hours ago, naominash said:

I hear you.

I am guilty of relying too much on respected Christian pastors and personalities and not on Scripture and asking God what would please Him.

Sometimes I use "third-party" stuff to deal with my Father.

Right now, I am afraid to talk to Him directly and hear from Him, not because I think he'll condemn me. But I think He would want me to stop hiding from Him so He can tell me something.

I don't know what that something is. But I'm not sure I'm ready to hear it. Once God tells you to do something, you just have to do it.

Bad reasons not to talk to our Father and ask what pleases Him. I feel like He might ask something too hard, and then I'll hate myself for disappointing Him.

Weaning off needing to be taught by pastors and ministers is part of growing and maturing in the Lord.....thinking of it like natural birth, childhood and growing into adulthood in some ways.  We sort of wean off our spiritual 'parents' as our faith grows and we learn to rely and depend on the Lord more.   And that is their job.......to present us to Christ, all grown up.   And also sometimes we need to come aside and shut out other voices to be able to hear His.

You just pray for strength to hear whatever the Lord has for you sister, sometimes we just need the strength to come from Him more and more as "self" grows weaker, and He gives it as we come to Him for it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,184
  • Content Per Day:  1.44

10 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

Weaning off needing to be taught by pastors and ministers is part of growing and maturing in the Lord.....thinking of it like natural birth, childhood and growing into adulthood in some ways.  We sort of wean off our spiritual 'parents' as our faith grows and we learn to rely and depend on the Lord more.   And that is their job.......to present us to Christ, all grown up.   And also sometimes we need to come aside and shut out other voices to be able to hear His.

You just pray for strength to hear whatever the Lord has for you sister, sometimes we just need the strength to come from Him more and more as "self" grows weaker, and He gives it as we come to Him for it.

Wisdom, very good instruction. A pleasure to read, and very true. Growing pains (or dying pains) are real, but the fruit is righteousness, and a closer walk with God. But to carry the analogy, after the birth, the pain is forgotten, for the increase in Christ wipes away all the pain. For the increase is so monumental compared to the price paid. 

Blessings

Much love in Christ, Not me

Edited by Not me
  • This is Worthy 1