• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,415
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Such an oddity occurred last evening as I was exchanging thoughts on a thread. I had typed and was reviewing it before submitting it. As  I get to typing, sometimes I just don't quite know what I actually typed.  Often enough when I read it I say to myself say what? And I modify, delete,  or  restructure, sentences and paragraphs.

In reviewing last evening, I was not totally sure my thoughts were expressed well, and that perhaps they were a bit terse. One paragraph seemed long also. So I started to make it two, but the enter key did nothing. I tapped it again, nothing happened, my keyboard enter key was perhaps broken.  no matter how often I pressed it nothing happened. So I went to e-mail and started typing and hit return, bingo it worked a new paragraph. Good! So I went back to my post - nothing the key just would not work I could not split the long paragraph into two. I tried to modify the statement as I was not happy with it, thought I could do better be gentler at least. But no the curser just wouldn't work I couldn't seem to change the words. I finally reread what I had written and decided well okay I am going with this as is. I hit submit without any problem.

Today the return key works just fine. All vey odd. 

“It is difficult to produce a television documentary that is both incisive and probing when every twelve minutes one is interrupted by twelve dancing rabbits singing about toilet paper.” 
 Rod Serling

Now where was that one hiding? What's with that anyway?

"There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone." - Rod Sterling

“There is nothing in the dark that isn't there when the lights are on.” 
 Rod Serling

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

C.S. Lewis called it the 'unseen real'.

We do not know very much at all and when the divide is transparent, odd things happen.

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

Right on brother!!!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Today the return key works just fine. All vey odd. 

:)  I've written enough big posts on here to encounter that problem somewhat commonly.   There's some glitch in the editor.   I usually use my mouse to highlight my post, copy and paste the post to a new window (as backup), and refresh the page.  Clicking in the editor window usually brings back what I was working on.   If not, I just copy and paste what I saved back in.

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,415
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Ah ha! A blowhard filter eh? I'll have to type faster or compose shorter messages.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

That is odd Neighbor. 

But maybe it was for some kind of reason.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

26 minutes ago, GandalfTheWise said:

:)  I've written enough big posts on here to encounter that problem somewhat commonly.   There's some glitch in the editor.   I usually use my mouse to highlight my post, copy and paste the post to a new window (as backup), and refresh the page.  Clicking in the editor window usually brings back what I was working on.   If not, I just copy and paste what I saved back in.

And I thought I was the only one who tried to forestall the unseen but hungry post-glitch gobblers, constantly re-copying a multi quote post. Have spent sometimes hours, or even days, getting a reply ready to post, and while editing, they come and........***whoosh***................GONE.......*#*%#*...............default_cool2.gif.8d82515b8f81e29886a28b1f05496ea9.gif

• Haha 1