Wade8888

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  81
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I had a vision a few nights ago, in which God both rebuked me and consoled me.

The first half of the Vision was about the Collectable Card Game, "Magic: The Gathering". The dream showed me that this game defiles me. There is blasphemous material in this game, in some cases some of the best cards are intentionally designed to have blasphemy in them. This game is also addictive for some reason, like many other sinful activities, people have a hard time quitting this game once they start playing.

The second half of the vision was about the video game, "Mega Man X", which the dream did not rebuke. There is no blasphemous content in this game.

So apparently God is saying it is okay to pull out your old Mega Man cartridges and do some speed runs of those games, but it is not okay to play Magic: The Gathering.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.72
  • Days Won:  1

24 minutes ago, Wade8888 said:

I had a vision a few nights ago, in which God both rebuked me and consoled me.

The first half of the Vision was about the Collectable Card Game, "Magic: The Gathering". The dream showed me that this game defiles me. There is blasphemous material in this game, in some cases some of the best cards are intentionally designed to have blasphemy in them. This game is also addictive for some reason, like many other sinful activities, people have a hard time quitting this game once they start playing.

The second half of the vision was about the video game, "Mega Man X", which the dream did not rebuke. There is no blasphemous content in this game.

So apparently God is saying it is okay to pull out your old Mega Man cartridges and do some speed runs of those games, but it is not okay to play Magic: The Gathering.

who has backed up your vision and confirmed it is from God and tested it from scriptures with you? 

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  81
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

38 minutes ago, leah777 said:

who has backed up your vision and confirmed it is from God and tested it from scriptures with you? 

I will answer your question if you answer mine.

Who has backed up and confirmed every scripture that it is from God?

The term "Witchcraft" appears in the Bible several times, but no defintion of the term is ever given.

The term "Wizard" appears in the Bible a time or two, and it too is never defined. The word "Wizard" is derived from a term for a weapon smith who prays while forging weapons....and the Bible forbids this?!? The Jews were still using copper sickle swords by the time the East Indians had woost steel.

Answer to my rhetorical question: Nobody. You believe in a canon of scripture out of habit or tradition mostly.

Conscience is greater than scripture, because all scripture is subject to the conscience when reading and writing anyway.

Very Well Moses backs me up:

"Thou shalt have no other Gods before me."

The Game, Magic: The Gathering has references to sorcery and false gods in its flavor text and rules text. In the past I am always tempted to justify playing the game, because I liked the mechanics of the game and didn't go around casting spells on people for real. In this Vision, God showed me defilement associated with the game, and it is NOT okay to play the game.

Edit:

"Discenment" which is one of the Gifts of the Spirit, is intended to protect you when the Bible itself has no obvious solution to a problem.

Being a child of the 1980's, I am addicted to video games and collectible card games, this is the stuff we grew up on. I would like to know from God which games are okay to play and which games are not okay, since so many of them have blasphemy in their story content.

Edited by Wade8888
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  185
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Me and my friends like to play card games as well but learned that that the game is blasphemous because you can determine your own fate. This is why the game was so addicting because I could predict my future by arranging the cards in any particular order. The lord reprimanded me by proclaiming Cego (a tarot card game) was going against his word because I was trusting in supernatural forces to determine my fate. This angered God and through a vision he told me that my fate should lie with him and not in the card game I was playing.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  185
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Me and my friends like to play card games as well but learned that that the game is blasphemous because you can determine your own fate. This is why the game was so addicting because I could predict my future by arranging the cards in any particular order. The lord reprimanded me by proclaiming Cego (a tarot card game) was going against his word because I was trusting in supernatural forces to determine my fate. This angered God and through a vision he told me that my fate should lie with him and not in the card game I was playing.

Like my quote or post and then in the comments section reply on how I can or if I can organize a new club in the club section where the clubs are! I have a new idea for one!