IGNORED

I think I committed the unpardonable sin.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

On 1/16/2019 at 12:54 AM, nigh said:

Hi everyone.

Several months ago, I realized that I may not be really saved. There were just things that didn’t add up in terms of my experience compared to what the Bible says and what I saw in other Christians. I was also angry with God because I felt restricted by rules I’d been following that I thought were from him that might’ve just been legalism. 

I started praying a lot and reading the Bible, but eventually I got even angrier with God because it seemed like nothing was happening and also these legalistic rules had increased dramatically. I felt like I couldn’t move without sinning. If it helps you understand, I lost a significant amount of weight because I felt I couldn’t eat much due to these rules. 

I had already had intrusive thoughts cursing at God in the past, but I was so angry that I cursed at Him myself in the heat of the moment many times. I felt bad afterward and apologized and asked for forgiveness, but it kept happening. I think because I knew that the Spirit is the one who does the regenerative work that I was upset about not seeing and because I thought these rules were from Him because He convicts us of sin, I even cursed at the Spirit. This wasn’t premeditated, it was very much in the heat of the moment, but I did it many times over the course of time and was very angry with Him in general. I think because I’d read the passage about the unpardonable sin and was afraid of committing it, I even had angry thoughts (that I 100% do NOT believe) at Him that were similar to what the Pharisees said. I quickly apologized for these and asked for forgiveness, but it may be too late for me. I will say I don’t think I would’ve ever thought to think it if I hadn’t read that passage. I don’t know if that matters. 

Anyway, I am feeling utterly hopeless. I have been terrible toward Him, and I don’t know if I can ever be saved. I’d really like to hear people’s thoughts on this. Also, if you think I can be saved, I need to know what to do from here because I prayed and read the Bible and tried to seek earnestly for months, and I feel so far away still. 

In your cursing did you proclaim the Holy Spirit to be a demon or satan ?

And from your post you really had a works salvation mindset which is not the Gospel way of salvation given by and through our LORD Jesus Christ..

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

Some preachers that I respect very much have maintained that “ the unpardonable sin” is a sin that can’t be committed today unless you have a time machine.Having witnessed miracles performed by Jesus ,  the evil Pharisee among the crowd told  Him to His face— “ you have a demon!” The only way to repeat this sin is to go back in time and make the same accusation to Jesus in person. It was a unique and time- specific sin.That May or not be true.....I’m just throwing it out there.One thing almost all preachers and teachers agree on— If you are worried about it—- you didn’t do it.I believe that to be true.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I notice a lot of these and a lot of "how do I know if I'm saved?" questions. I think the Bible answered the question pretty well when it stresses that if you were cursed of God you wouldn't care so being here and asking is of God and given you by His spirit. No person seeks God unless he be called. No person is saved unless he is called of God and He is true and faithful to save all those who call upon Him. He is powerful and can see your heart. You don't have to wait around to feel it. You don't need anyone to confirm it for you. Just go and sin no more.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  84
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

2 hours ago, o0lBobl0o said:

I notice a lot of these and a lot of "how do I know if I'm saved?" questions. I think the Bible answered the question pretty well when it stresses that if you were cursed of God you wouldn't care so being here and asking is of God and given you by His spirit. No person seeks God unless he be called. No person is saved unless he is called of God and He is true and faithful to save all those who call upon Him. He is powerful and can see your heart. You don't have to wait around to feel it. You don't need anyone to confirm it for you. Just go and sin no more.

10 hours ago, Cletus said:

I already did pray for you and plan on continuing. 

Why do you become afraid of God?  have you thought about this?  fear.  why do you fear?  You know when Adam sinned by eating the fruit he was afraid, and he hid from God... and God came walking in the cool of the evening and said... Adam... where are you?  God is Love... and perfect love casts out fear.  Love and peace  will make it still inside you, and calm you Just like when Jesus commanded the storm... Mar 4:39  And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.

There is a storm in you and only Jesus, The prince of peace, can calm it.  My advice for you in one word... surrender.  If you would just let God touch you one time, just let Him fill you with His Spirit... Just let Him heal you... let Him calm that storm in you... you wont want those worldly things no more.  You will want more God.  I say again... you will want more GOD!  Oh taste and see The LORD is good....  Surrender.  give those things to Him.  Give Him your heart.  decide to live for Him no matter what happens or comes your way.  dont run and hide like Adam did because he was naked and afraid.  run to God.  tell Him your fears, you can even tell Him you dont know, He dont care if you know everything.  there is no way you can know everything anyway.  you got to grow up in it.  if God is seeking you you better go to Him before he puts you in a tight spot and you cant run no more.  Jonah tried to run too... you know what happened to him?  storm came and his ship mates threw him off the ship and a big fish came and swallowed him up.  and when that fish vomited Jonah up it was on the shore of the exact place God told him to go in the first place.  Where can you run from God... He is already there.  He is omnipresent.  You cant run, the fact He lets you run shows He aint out to get you or do you any harm.  But He has a way of changing your mind.  But if you keep rejecting Him he may not pursue you at some point and let you go do your own thing.  and those worldly things are death in disguise.  If God is pursuing you then you are greatly loved.  You know Jonah had repented in the fishes belly.  He told God he wasnt going to run no more.  He would do what he was supposed to do.  God made you.  God loves you enough that Jesus came.  he suffered the death of the cross to pay for your sins... your silly worldly things.  Jesus had to die to pay for your sins because the law says bloodshed must occur for atonement of sin.  So Jesus died for you to have a relationship with God... and Now he is pursuing you to have a relationship with you.  what you got to be afraid of?  sounds to me like he cares about you.  maybe you ought to give Him a chance.  if you do you will be so glad you did.  I let God touch me with His holiness, and now those silly worldly things are worthless to me.  I cant get enough of God.  You can ask God anything, for instance... God what is the gospel all about, tell me the true gospel.  He may not say it to you but you will come to know it.  Just surrender.  Ask Him to come into your heart and cleanse you of your sin and see what happens.  He aint hurt you yet has He?  Ask Him. 

How do I do this? It feels like there is a huge wall between me and God, and I have found that I am so sinful that I can’t get past it. I’ve tried to turn completely to Jesus—my heart won’t do it, it’s too sinful. I’ve tried to trust—too much unbelief. I’m worn out and so far from God. What do I do?

Edited by nigh

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  84
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

26 minutes ago, Cletus said:

what are you doing now?

I PMed you!

• Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,868
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

On 1/15/2019 at 5:54 AM, nigh said:

Hi everyone.

Several months ago, I realized that I may not be really saved. There were just things that didn’t add up in terms of my experience compared to what the Bible says and what I saw in other Christians. I was also angry with God because I felt restricted by rules I’d been following that I thought were from him that might’ve just been legalism. 

I started praying a lot and reading the Bible, but eventually I got even angrier with God because it seemed like nothing was happening and also these legalistic rules had increased dramatically. I felt like I couldn’t move without sinning. If it helps you understand, I lost a significant amount of weight because I felt I couldn’t eat much due to these rules. 

I had already had intrusive thoughts cursing at God in the past, but I was so angry that I cursed at Him myself in the heat of the moment many times. I felt bad afterward and apologized and asked for forgiveness, but it kept happening. I think because I knew that the Spirit is the one who does the regenerative work that I was upset about not seeing and because I thought these rules were from Him because He convicts us of sin, I even cursed at the Spirit. This wasn’t premeditated, it was very much in the heat of the moment, but I did it many times over the course of time and was very angry with Him in general. I think because I’d read the passage about the unpardonable sin and was afraid of committing it, I even had angry thoughts (that I 100% do NOT believe) at Him that were similar to what the Pharisees said. I quickly apologized for these and asked for forgiveness, but it may be too late for me. I will say I don’t think I would’ve ever thought to think it if I hadn’t read that passage. I don’t know if that matters. 

Anyway, I am feeling utterly hopeless. I have been terrible toward Him, and I don’t know if I can ever be saved. I’d really like to hear people’s thoughts on this. Also, if you think I can be saved, I need to know what to do from here because I prayed and read the Bible and tried to seek earnestly for months, and I feel so far away still. 

Zach Williams ~ Fear is a Liar

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,298
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

On 1/17/2019 at 1:25 AM, nigh said:

I think I want God until He gets too close

You have lots of issues and questions, may I suggest checking the christianityexplored web site for a church running this course.

It will give you the opertunity to meet in nutral teritory and discuss Christianity, without commiting yourself to attend any church.

Something like this where you are talking face to face with people you build a relationship with and can discuss other issues with would be more helpfull than intermitent question and answers on a forum.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,013
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

New birth is that of s/Spirit and it occurs when you pass into new life carved out by The Son of God 'Jesus'

Luke 23:33-34

33 And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified him, and the malefactors, one on the right hand, and the other on the left.

34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.
KJV

at this place of Calvary repentance occurs, new life, and truth becomes your food by The ingesting of Scriptures

Ps 119:71-73

71 It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes.

72 The law of thy mouth is better unto me than thousands of gold and silver.

73 Thy hands have made me and fashioned me: give me understanding, that I may learn thy commandments.
KJV

Matt 11:27-30

27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
KJV

first I pray through Christ Jesus alone you find life in Him... then growth by new hunger for His Word unto this rest even while here!

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 1/15/2019 at 1:54 PM, nigh said:

Hi everyone.

If you are feeling guilty it is a good sign that you can still be forgiven, don't listen to demons they are lying to you and God would never put accusations in your mind.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  899
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,634
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

You died in unbelief?

That's the only way.

Jesus (being omniscient) could when the Pharisees in company 

had had their last chance at belief before they actually died.

Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is denying his testimony that

Jesus is the Christ.

Period.

You die in that state (death is the eternal fate sealer) then you

in BIG trouble.