IGNORED

WorthyNews: Atheists Warn Schools Against Ark Encounter Field Trips - Ark Founder Calls Their Bluff in a Big Way

WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.49
  • Content Count:  44,074
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

(Worthy News) - A Wisconsin-based atheist group has taken aim at the Ark Encounter tourist attraction in Williamstown, Kentucky by sending a letter to more than 1,000 school districts in five states, warning them that a field trip to the Ark would be unconstitutional.

The Freedom From Religion Foundation wrote: "Public schools cannot organize trips for students to either the Creation Museum or the Ark Park. It is unacceptable to expose a captive audience of impressionable students to the overtly religious atmosphere of (Ken) Ham's Christian theme parks."

"I would like to see some public schools and public parks to stand up to them and not succumb to their bullying and intimidation," Ham said. "Because the FFRF has sent letters to 1,000 school districts, I'm offering them free admission for the teachers, students who come on an official public school trip."

"And if they do sue them, we have expert attorneys who are willing to defend them in court and I'd like to see a test case go to the Supreme Court and stop this nonsense from these atheist groups who try to outlaw Christian influence in this nation," he added. [ Source: CBN News (Read More...) ]

The post Atheists Warn Schools Against Ark Encounter Field Trips - Ark Founder Calls Their Bluff in a Big Way appeared first on Worthy Christian News.

View the full article