lightmyway

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Excuse the pun, but I do not believe in forcing drugs and ideology down peoples throats for an alleged chemical imbalance in which there is zero evidence..It's not ethical.

I have no problem with real doctors..

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

Jesus said.. “The sick need a physician”

Paul prescribed wine for Timothy’s stomach troubles....

i suffered from severe depression for 5 years......medication helped me IMMENSELY ....it was an answer to my prayers .....get help you wherever you can, and give God the  praise....God bless

• Thumbs Up 1

56 minutes ago, naominash said:

Well, here's what i think about psychiatry today.

They are just guessing.

Every individual is different and the overreliance on medication has indeed ruined people's lives.

However, I think meds can be useful, if tested on an individual under observation, to see which agrees with them.

I don't think everyone with mental illness needs to be on them for life.

I was told I would be a " vegetable" without meds.

Well... maybe I'm a tomato. Tomato's are actually fruit.

Yeah but they are not just guessing. They love money.  I agree with what Professor John Read says when he says  it’s a form of sorcery likened to that of the Middle Ages.. They resort to cult like behaviour when challenged.

The major review of SSRI drugs by the Copenhagen Trial Unit, Centre for Clinical Intervention Research, in Denmark, concluded. "The evidence on selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) for major depressive disorder is unclear.... Our results show that the harmful effects of SSRIs versus placebo for major depressive disorder seem to outweigh any potentially small beneficial effects."

• Praise God! 1

56 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Jesus said.. “The sick need a physician”

Paul prescribed wine for Timothy’s stomach troubles....

i suffered from severe depression for 5 years......medication helped me IMMENSELY ....it was an answer to my prayers .....get help you wherever you can, and give God the  praise....God bless

Jesus was referring for people to come to him for help.  Jesus never went around diagnosing and labelling people with mental illness. That is just a modern fad..

Ephesians 6:12  For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

6 minutes ago, naominash said:

I believe my diagnosis was in some ways, the result of a spiritual oppression. I was not possessed by the devil --- I am a child of God. But I do believe that spiritual forces exploited some of the vulnerabilities of my personality, causing hallucinations and delusions.

After May 2016, I made a " miraculous recovery". I have not had symptoms sense and have slowly weaned off the medication.

Please do not condemn those who are just trying to figure out how to survive. It's hard enough without someone making you feel bad for wanting to try medication.

However, I would like to see more of an awareness of both the physical mind's vulnerabilities and the presence of spiritual darkness.

For some reason, I always understood that I would never be under delusions and symptoms forever. I always knew that the doctors were wrong and that I wouldn't be a vegetable.

I always knew God called me for a purpose, even if I get tired of the world at times.

I have chalked it up as a mystery. But it is up to God to decide my mental health, not some psychiatrist.

In that, we probably agree.

I believe I was way too overmedicated.

The best thing that seems to work for me is regular sleep and emergency naps. In that way, my mind has seemed to heal itself.

But I wouldn't want others who struggle really bad to feel like medication is not an option. Just because it didn't seem to hinder or help me overall, doesn't mean it might not save someone's life.

I think many psychiatrists and pharaceutical companies are evil. But those just falling into psychosis aren't for wanting help.

I agree. Particulary about the difference between oppression and possession 

1 minute ago, naominash said:

By the way, I did know at least one psychiatrist who was not evil.

She seemed to really care a lot about getting the dose that was right for me as an individual. I was in a psyche ward and each day she'd talk to me until she felt confident I'd stabilize. That was my second time being hospitalized. I would go one more time in May 2016.

Not ideal, but I appreciate her none-theless

There are some psychiatrists with common sense. but are far and few between

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, naominash said:

I really took charge of my own mental health and did research for myself in 2016. I credit that and the grace of God for my recovery.

My delusions were extremely 'religious'. It felt like I was literally fighting satan with every coloring pencil I chose at the hospital. Yes. very weird.

You deserve credit for questioning your mental health and seeking God well done. Hope you stay ok..

Here a couple of doctors who challenge the status quo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzdu3WQyIZg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySpnthyErbw

8 minutes ago, naominash said:

Oh no. Is this going to be scary?

One is a psychiatrist the other a professor who attack the biological theory of mental disorder. Nothing of spiritual nature in their arguments 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.73
  • Days Won:  1

link to another thread on the same subject started by the OP a year or two ago, with lots of useful postings:

26 minutes ago, leah777 said:

link to another thread on the same subject started by the OP a year or two ago, with lots of useful postings:

You've lost me.. I still I haven't been refuted with any references to that what psychiatry claims is correct.  Many mainstream christians have become so malleable to believe what the world says on things. God doesn't change with the times..