• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  5

7 hours ago, lightmyway said:

Jesus was referring for people to come to him for help.  Jesus never went around diagnosing and labelling people with mental illness. That is just a modern fad..

Ephesians 6:12  For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

“ All good things come from God”.     Medication was a good thing for me.If you find a medication that helps you, take it with God’s blessing and thank Him for it.....ignore those who lack compassion and prefer to judge others out of ignorance

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

On 1/19/2019 at 1:20 PM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

“ All good things come from God”.     Medication was a good thing for me.If you find a medication that helps you, take it with God’s blessing and thank Him for it.....ignore those who lack compassion and prefer to judge others out of ignorance

The last major review of SSRI drugs by the Copenhagen Trial Unit, Centre for Clinical Intervention Research, in Denmark, concluded. "The evidence on selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) for major depressive disorder is unclear.... Our results show that the harmful effects of SSRIs versus placebo for major depressive disorder seem to outweigh any potentially small beneficial effects."

Associate Director of the Program in Placebo Studies Professor Kirsch has done placebo studies and found the same.

But each to their own..

Edited by lightmyway

The benefits were not “ small “ in my case......there are so many different types of anti- depressant medications out there.....one must find the one that works for them......never stop praying and never give up.....don’t forget to thank God When He delivers you from this nightmare.....  “ I am the God that healeth thee”

17 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

The benefits were not “ small “ in my case......there are so many different types of anti- depressant medications out there.....one must find the one that works for them......never stop praying and never give up.....don’t forget to thank God When He delivers you from this nightmare.....  “ I am the God that healeth thee”

If you believe that placebo works for you that’s your choice. Not mine. Bear in mind Psychiatry’s drugs are undisciplined compared to other branches of medicine. And usually put people on heroic doses and detain those who don’t comply. The scriptures call this psychotropic industry as Pharmakeia/sorcery. End of story.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.73
  • Days Won:  1

20 minutes ago, lightmyway said:

If you believe that placebo works for you that’s your choice. Not mine. 

If you believe that all psychiatric drugs are placebos thats your choice. It does not make you right. I do not get what your issue is here. Have you got a mental problem you dont want to talk about and are getting defensive about? You are really hostile about mental health and mental illness. 

24 minutes ago, lightmyway said:

Pharmakeia/

means all and any drugs. so Tylenol is, you say, sorcery. cancer drugs, you say, are sorcery. All drugs are sorcery according to you.

Why single out mental illness drugs for your negativity?

Strong's Number: 5331Browse Lexicon

Original WordWord Origin

farmakeiafrom (5332)

Transliterated WordTDNT Entry

PharmakeiaNone

Phonetic SpellingParts of Speech

far-mak-i'-ah Noun Feminine

Definition

the use or the administering of drugs

poisoning

sorcery, magical arts, often found in connection with idolatry and fostered by it

metaph. the deceptions and seductions of idolatry

NAS Word Usage - Total: 3

sorceries 1, sorcery 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,158
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

31 minutes ago, lightmyway said:

If you believe that placebo works for you that’s your choice. Not mine. Bear in mind Psychiatry’s drugs are undisciplined compared to other branches of medicine. And usually put people on heroic doses and detain those who don’t comply. The scriptures call this psychotropic industry as Pharmakeia/sorcery. End of story.

I have one question.

Why the huge chip on the shoulder about mental health and its treatment? Your open hostility is showing as others have noted.

• Thumbs Up 1

Look, I'm angry because I have been through the system and been abused through it. The reason why is because mental health services hate it when anyone questions them. They are extremely allergic to criticism especially from within their own. There are many people who have been abused by psychiatric system simply because of non-compliance and questioning their diagnosis. I don't care what anyone says it's modern day Pharmakeia as described in the bible. Many psychiatrists think they are God like, if you disagree with them it only reinforces to them you have a brain disease and they will then force treatment on you without your consent such as ECT and heroic doses of drugs. They do this to many people. I believe mental disorder is mostly a spiritual condition or the result of severe abuse. It was spiritual for me initially but then I got a whole heap of other diagnosis's after stopping the drugs abruptly a few times when I was in a severe withdrawal state. It's dehumanising . 

If you are compliant and agreeable and believe everything they say all is good with them, as a lot of christians are. The church doesn't understand these things and remain silent. Shamanism and new age religions have their views on mental disorder and have a lot of people interested in the critical psychiatry movement.

Edited by Steve_S
Removed youtube link. Please post youtube videos in the appropriate video forum.

I invite you to try one of my pills and if you think it is a “ placebo” i’ll eat your hat. Do you even know what a placebo is?  Btw.....your sense of compassion is an inspiration for us all.....end of story.

Edited by Blood Bought 1953

Well we are just going to have to disagree on this. I’ve been on many medications in the past which I found ineffective. Studies have shown Psychiatric drugs are only marginally more effective than placebos, sugar pills. Main thing is I have stayed out of hospital for years without the drugs and trust in him. If I have been non compassionate that’s not my intention.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

1 hour ago, lightmyway said:

Well we are just going to have to disagree on this. I’ve been on many medications in the past which I found ineffective. Studies have shown Psychiatric drugs are only marginally more effective than placebos, sugar pills. Main thing is I have stayed out of hospital for years without the drugs and trust in him. If I have been non compassionate that’s not my intention.

This is the most important thing.  Stay strong in, and focused upon, Him alone.  He is all you need.

• Praise God! 1