• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

10 minutes ago, Called Out One said:

This is the most important thing.  Stay strong in, and focused upon, Him alone.  He is all you need.

Agreed. I believe this applies to everyone. It’s the deliverance I had that stopped the attacks. Sincerely. 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,134
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

On 1/18/2019 at 12:59 PM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Jesus said.. “The sick need a physician”

Paul prescribed wine for Timothy’s stomach troubles....

i suffered from severe depression for 5 years......medication helped me IMMENSELY ....it was an answer to my prayers .....get help you wherever you can, and give God the  praise....God bless

Blessings BB...

Nicely said. Now as one who also is in agreement with the OP,to some degree,I do believe there are many good physicians out there than can be beneficial without writing prescriptions and at times-with.

Are they under delusion?Tricky question,probably more often than not.As you said"get help wherever you can & GIVE GOD THE PRAISE!" Thats true BUT who are you talking to,what about the atheist who is diagnosed as bi-polar? Imo he is bound by a spirit of mental disorder but whats wrong with some medication to address his SYMPTOMS?I seriously doubt the atheist will listen to anything about spiritual warfare,oppressing spirits & so on....perhaps once he is doing much better he will be lead to the foot of the Cross.with Hope in Christ Jesus!

There are rampant spirits of chaos.delusion,mental & physical disease and every other form of bondage more today than it was in the days Jesus walked this earth & spread His Good News before He Gave His Life & Rose from the dead-simply because there are so many more people in the world.It is difficult enough to speak to mature Born Again Christians about demonic oppression,can you imagine trying to talk to a babe or just an immature Believer,let alone unBelievers....so,I think there is a time & a season for everything,everyone is different & different people Receive differently & at different times and seasons

I studied medicine,it has its benefits -there are times it is useful and times it is unnecessary.God Gives Good Gifts,I have no doubt His Hand is in brilliant discoveries and that He Heals in many different Ways,through substances as well-for a time.As I said earlier,many medicines address only"symptoms"and not the "cause" -No doubt Jesus DELIVERS and there is no bondage in the universe that He cannot annihilate-Glory to God Most High-but not everyone is ready to Receive that so why not help them in other ways?

I was diagnosed with terminal cancer a little while back,after putting it all before God and asking for Guidance   I had chemo/radiation which btw did not help.....I did not know HOW God Was Going to Heal me but He Laid on my heart that He Would  I though perhaps the chemo/rad was going to be the path but later I realized He Did NOT Do it that way so that no one could deny the Glory Belonged to Him.My point is that God Does Work in Mysterious Ways,all we should do is TRUST Him & let Him Direct our paths.....no reason why He Wouldnt use a Physician or medications                                                                                     With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/21/1945

Because of the decline of Christianity and Christian values, Secular professionals have taken over as secular priests that people listen to. There is also a secular doctrine of future things; the secular people are looking for aliens to come in and solve our problems.

Guest PinkBelt
On 1/17/2019 at 9:09 PM, lightmyway said:

The Bible explicitly warns of worldwide deception in last days. People will turn away from the truth and be deceived by doctrines and beliefs influenced by satan and demons...

I'm a psychologist and currently in training to become a clinical psychologist, so I'll take a swing at this.

I'm not going to quote each and every one of your threads because it would be redundant. The gist of your posts are the DSM-5 is rubbish and all mental health professionals are crooks, deluded etc... You claim there is no evidence for mental illness, chemical imbalance and so on. You of course offer absolutely no counter-evidence to back this very grand statement up, insult everyone who has struggled with mental illness and the caring people who treat it. You also admit that you have been in and out of mental hospitals but offer no additional context.

It sounds to me like you've been committed involuntarily and are very angry about it. Usually in those circumstances it means people around you have decided you are a threat to others or a threat to yourself. You also clearly resent being medicated. If you have behaved in such a way that you have been legally treated against your wishes then my advice to you is to look within and figure out why that is happening so you can fix your problems. There are plenty of people out there who will help you if you wish it.

I forgotten about this thread but received an email notification. I was angry when I started it but like most anger it does wash over. 

If I will apologize to anyone it will be blood bought in the context of disagreeing that medication has helped him and helps some other people. So I do offer a heart felt apology for offending the people diagnosed with a genuine mental disorder and that medication helps them. I was wrong and admit my error. Weather you accept that is up to you.

The system misdiagnosed me with a severe mental disorder 10 years and they abused me. I found this out by an independent psychiatric assessment who operates outside of groupthink. 

As for my anger towards the mainstream profession that shoehorns everyone with a one size fits all approach I remain unrepentant. To quote George Orwell “The system filters out the thoughtful and replaces them with the faithful. When everybody is thinking the same thing, nobody is thinking at all”

I work and I’m getting married in a couple of months and I’ve stayed out of hospital. But I will never seek help from the mainstream system again. They need to take good hard look at themselves.

That’s all I have to say. I am now unsubscribing from this thread and moving on..

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

No apology is necessary ......my heart goes out to you for the abuse you had to withstand......your subsequent thinking appears to be justified and I am happy you are doing better....God bless.....

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

No apology is necessary ......my heart goes out to you for the abuse you had to withstand......your subsequent thinking appears to be justified and I am happy you are doing better....God bless.....

Cheers mate. An apology to you was necessary. Do what’s best for you. Have a good one.

• 4 months later...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 1/21/2019 at 12:33 AM, lightmyway said:

Well we are just going to have to disagree on this. I’ve been on many medications in the past which I found ineffective. Studies have shown Psychiatric drugs are only marginally more effective than placebos, sugar pills. Main thing is I have stayed out of hospital for years without the drugs and trust in him. If I have been non compassionate that’s not my intention.

In various medical and pharmacy schools/ training,   it is taught that placegos are 40 to 60 percent effective.

Have you or anyone found any drug (for anything) that is that effective ?   (the medical community , for the most part of what was taught decades ago,  don't know of many, if any)

How about adding one more parameter:   no side effects at all.

On 1/20/2019 at 9:51 PM, lightmyway said:

Look, I'm angry because I have been through the system and been abused through it. The reason why is because mental health services hate it when anyone questions them. They are extremely allergic to criticism especially from within their own. There are many people who have been abused by psychiatric system simply because of non-compliance and questioning their diagnosis. I don't care what anyone says it's modern day Pharmakeia as described in the bible. Many psychiatrists think they are God like, if you disagree with them it only reinforces to them you have a brain disease and they will then force treatment on you without your consent such as ECT and heroic doses of drugs. They do this to many people. I believe mental disorder is mostly a spiritual condition or the result of severe abuse. It was spiritual for me initially but then I got a whole heap of other diagnosis's after stopping the drugs abruptly a few times when I was in a severe withdrawal state. It's dehumanising . 

If you are compliant and agreeable and believe everything they say all is good with them, as a lot of christians are. The church doesn't understand these things and remain silent. Shamanism and new age religions have their views on mental disorder and have a lot of people interested in the critical psychiatry movement.

They also may hate it when anyone is cured outside their jurisdiction/ power of control.

Even if someone under their control is cured,  they may get angry (at the loss of lucrative gain).

On 1/18/2019 at 4:32 PM, lightmyway said:

You've lost me.. I still I haven't been refuted with any references to that what psychiatry claims is correct.  Many mainstream christians have become so malleable to believe what the world says on things. God doesn't change with the times..

God does not change ever,  that is correct.

"believe what the world says on things"  ? 

The Bible, God's Word, unchangeable,  says the whole world is deceived.