Sign in to follow this  
naominash

Why can't I just skip life on Earth and be with God?

This question is an emotional one. Information would only answer part of it.

The problem with my faith is that it's too weak. 

I don't fully submit to the Father's will --- that I live on the Earth serving Him until He takes me back.

I honestly wish I could skip all the pain of living here. All the loneliness and disappointment. 

I could be with Jesus forever and He's the true treasure. So what am I doing down here besides messing up, sinning, and wasting time getting scarred?

The truth is, I hate suffering. I deal with life and get up in the morning because I'm supposed to. But there's not true relish in it.

It's just like, " Is the Lord returning today?? If not... Why not go back to bed.

I feel ashamed to admit that because life is a gift and the Earth has good things in it for us to enjoy. 

But without what Adam and Eve had in the garden--- direct access to God--- it just all seems pointless.

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Praying for You! 3

3 minutes ago, naominash said:

This question is an emotional one. Information would only answer part of it.

The problem with my faith is that it's too weak. 

I don't fully submit to the Father's will --- that I live on the Earth serving Him until He takes me back.

I honestly wish I could skip all the pain of living here. All the loneliness and disappointment. 

I could be with Jesus forever and He's the true treasure. So what am I doing down here besides messing up, sinning, and wasting time getting scarred?

The truth is, I hate suffering. I deal with life and get up in the morning because I'm supposed to. But there's not true relish in it.

It's just like, " Is the Lord returning today?? If not... Why not go back to bed.

I feel ashamed to admit that because life is a gift and the Earth has good things in it for us to enjoy. 

But without what Adam and Eve had in the garden--- direct access to God--- it just all seems pointless.

Hang in there naominash, God loves you and Christ died for you.

1 John 3:1-2, V. 1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. 

V. 2, Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 

Colossians 3:1- 2, V. 1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. 

V. 2, Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2

Just now, HAZARD said:

Hang in there naominash, God loves you and Christ died for you.

1 John 3:1-2, V. 1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. 

V. 2, Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 

Colossians 3:1- 2, V. 1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. 

V. 2, Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. 

I'm hanging in there.

A lot of bad things have happened and it may even be just sitting in a bland office all day with depressing weather and no sun getting to me.

Everything just seems burdensome 

• Praying for You! 2

13 minutes ago, naominash said:

I'm hanging in there.

A lot of bad things have happened and it may even be just sitting in a bland office all day with depressing weather and no sun getting to me.

Everything just seems burdensome 

Fast. Fast not from food, but all technology - TV, computers, the internet, emails, social media, all of it, for a week and take that time, read the word of God and pray. Watch what a difference it'll make. The only one who has to change is ourselves.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

My heart goes out to you but know this Jesus will never abandon you. I have felt the same things you said. Never give up. turn you eyes upon Him and never give up. He is closer to you than you know. Many have suffered deeply because of our sins. Jesus  will not leave you or forsake you. He Loves You and He will always love you.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2

naominsash,

Just another thought. I think that you have expectations and desires that the world should give you something. The world system is not fair, it is based on greed. You will have more peace if you don`t expect things from the world. What would you give in exchange for any of the spiritual treasures we have in Christ?

You are not alone, we are all going through something - pain, loss, grief, trouble, difficulties, trials etc. Be encouraged we are here for you and praying.

Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Brilliant! 1

Sign in to follow this