Sign in to follow this  
naominash

Why can't I just skip life on Earth and be with God?

First of all not everyone is going to heaven. As born again Christians we are here to glorify God. To determine where we will spend our eternity. Heaven or hell. 

• This is Worthy 1

55 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

First of all not everyone is going to heaven. As born again Christians we are here to glorify God. To determine where we will spend our eternity. Heaven or hell. 

Noted.

13 hours ago, naominash said:

Perhaps I thought if I were giving enough and good enough, the world wouldn't hurt as much. 

Good point.

Hi naominash,

We are all with you as all going through some trial or other. Now your comment tells me a lot about your thinking, as well as other things you have said. I hope I can explain what I want to say to you.

You know when we become a Christian we learn to address the outer things that are not right. Then later we see that the Holy Spirit is working on those attitudes that come from within and affect our outward behaviour. It seems you know and work on all of those.

Then there is the next `lesson` of the Holy Spirit which can be quite tricky for we think we are doing right, whereas we have to learn what is of the Holy Spirit`s prompts and what is our own desire. Your desire is to be `giving enough` and be `good enough.` And you have an idea of what that is and you are not meeting it, you think. But see your thinking? It is about your expectations and you will never live up to your expectations as you (& us) are human.

God does not want you to live up to expectations, (though man`s religious system will give you that impression). God ONLY desires for you (& us) to walk by the Holy Spirit and do what He desires. So that means getting our strong wills under His sway.

For example. Say you are a keen talker and want to tell everyone about what you have learnt. So you meet someone at the fellowship or down the street and you are ready to launch into your speech. However, immediately we should ask the Lord, what would you have me do? The Holy Spirit may have you just to listen to the other person and enter in to their life. It may not be the time for your things you wanted to share.

Then say you are a doer.` You see all the needs and say yes, here and yes there till you are overworked. It is our own desire to be `good` that is driving us. Perhaps it would have been better not to have done all those `helps` and let some people learn themselves. Others may have needed help but we were too tired from the other helps. So you can see it is NOT our need to be good that should drive us but holding back till we get the confirmation from the Lord as to what we should do or say.

This all takes time and experience but it is very rewarding to know that we are being obedient to the Lord and not controlled by our ever needful self.

regards, Marilyn.

• This is Worthy 2
  • Praise God! 1

2 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi naominash,

We are all with you as all going through some trial or other. Now your comment tells me a lot about your thinking, as well as other things you have said. I hope I can explain what I want to say to you.

You know when we become a Christian we learn to address the outer things that are not right. Then later we see that the Holy Spirit is working on those attitudes that come from within and affect our outward behaviour. it seems you know and work on all of those.

Then there is the next `lesson` of the Holy Spirit which can be quite tricky for we think we are doing right, whereas we have to learn what is of the Holy Spirit`s prompts and what is our own desire. Your desire is to be `giving enough` and be `good enough.` And you Have an idea of what that is and you are not meeting is, you think. But see your thinking? It is about your expectations and you will never live up to your expectations as you (& us) are human.

God does not want you to live up to expectations, (though man`s religious system will give you that impression). God ONLY desires for you (& us) to walk by the Holy Spirit and do what He desires. So that means getting our strong wills under His sway.

For example. Say you are a keen talker and want to tell everyone about what you have learnt. So you meet someone at the fellowship or down the street and you are ready to launch into your speech. However, immediately we should ask the Lord, what would you have me do? The Holy Spirit may have you just to listen to the other person and enter in to their life. it may not be the time for your things you wanted to share.

The say you are a doer.` You see all the needs and say yes, here and yes there till you are overworked. It is our own desire to be `good` that is driving us. perhaps it would have been better not to have done all those `helps` and let some people learn themselves. Others may have needed help but we were too tired from the other helps. So you can see it is NOT our need to be good that should drive us but holding back till we get the confirmation from the Lord as to what we should do or say.

This all takes time and experience but it is very rewarding to know that we are being obedient to the Lord and not controlled by our ever needful self.

regards, Marilyn.

Perfectionism seems to be (is)  a huge issue for me.

The only time it really goes away is with I'm in direct connection with the Lord.

Thus, why i wish to skip this whole "living on the earth"  thing and go straight to the throne of God.

God is the only being with whom I feel I can be myself with. Only with Him, do I feel " okay" and all the joy in who I am.

However. The answer, according to Paul is to "pray without ceasing." To be in constant connection to the Lord.

Have not quite figured that out yet. But I'm better than I was.

• This is Worthy 1

40 minutes ago, naominash said:

Perfectionism seems to be (is)  a huge issue for me.

The only time it really goes away is with I'm in direct connection with the Lord.

Thus, why i wish to skip this whole "living on the earth"  thing and go straight to the throne of God.

God is the only being with whom I feel I can be myself with. Only with Him, do I feel " okay" and all the joy in who I am.

However. The answer, according to Paul is to "pray without ceasing." To be in constant connection to the Lord.

Have not quite figured that out yet. But I'm better than I was.

Hi naominash,

That`s really good to hear sis. It`s all an upward journey for all of us. You are doing so well thinking and working through your obstacles and still pressing into the Lord. Remember He is making us like Himself, so that He may shine through us. The hardest lesson for us is to let Him. We so, so want to shine and we put ourselves forward too much, whereas only what is of the Lord will really affect others for real life.

You are very precious to the Lord, Naomi, and the coming forth of the Lord in your life is well pleasing to Him. Keep submitting to the Lord through this trial and you will help so many who are struggling in the days ahead.

Blessings, Marilyn.

• Thanks 1

Naomi......I think what you need is a good rest- a rest in the finished work of Jesus at the Cross....ALL of your sins have been forgiven.As a Believer, God views you  as “ perfect” even though the reality of that will not manifest  itself until we get our New Bodies.God will “ finish what He started”.Not you.  “ striving for perfection” would be an accumulation of dead works that God ain’t interested in for your Salvation.All He wants is your Trust.Give Him that- throw that heavy yoke away - and He will give you everything you are working so hard for.Jesus promised to save all those that believe His Simple Gospel.....He died for your sins and rose from the dead.It is NONE of you.Accept that, believe that, and rest in it.God will bless your obedience, but don’t believe the lie that your Salvation depends on it.I do not know you, so please forgive me if I am “ preacing to the choir”. Perhaps this post will be a blessing to someone else.I am praying that you find the peace God wants you to have. God bless.

• This is Worthy 2

Hi naominash

Oh, dear sister!  Thank you for your honesty.  Most of us have these thoughts, though may not voice them.  Although we long for the return of our gracious, precious Lord, I am always reminded that we are to use the time left to us on earth to preach Jesus and Him crucified to anyone we can, encourage, build up, help people if it is in our power to do so, and on ad infinitum.

Don't feel bad .... I want to be with my treasure too.  Wherever Jesus is, I want to be there.  I know you are going through a hard time, but as others have said, we are praying for you dearest sister.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

A mentality shift sounds like it will do the trick.

See the trials and tribulations you are going through as a process that is refining your soul. It makes your wedding dress white like snow in preparation for our groom's (Jesus') return.

I take Hebrews 12 almost like a love letter for those of us who have let God be our God!

Hebrews 12:1-14,"

12 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.

4 Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son (Daughter), despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:

For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.

11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

12 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;

13 And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.

14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

18 minutes ago, SelahSong said:

Naomi, you need to know that your “wish to skip this whole living on the earth thing” is totally impossible if you want to inherit the Kingdom of God. What does the Bible say? Consider what Jesus told Nicodemus. 

John 3 King James Version (KJV)

There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:

The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Selah:emot-heartbeat:

I know this in my mind. But my heart just was failing when I made the topic. 

The encouragement and prayers you all have done for me are amazing.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 2

God through Paul said

Phil 1:19-25

19 For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,

20 According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.

21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

22 But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not.

23 For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:

24 Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.

25 And having this confidence, I know that I shall abide and continue with you all for your furtherance and joy of faith;
KJV

The joy of seeing The Lord work through us to the benefit of another should strengthen us to remain even through the draw to be home with Jesus :) 

Sign in to follow this