nobleseed

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  341
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

i talked to an atheist the other day who didn't believe in God and that this life is it.  i felt great sorrow in my heart that a person can believe in nothing.  i find the concept of atheism hard to grasp because i know there is a God.  How is it possible not to believe in God and in nothing.  is there a biblical answer 

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  81
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Atheists only believe in what they can touch with their hands and see with their eyes. 

They can't accept a God who is beyond time, because if they posit the existence of God, then they would be consenting to God's rule over all reality and to God's morality. They cannot accept God's morality, so they substitute their own version of facts and their own version of morality.

Anyway, Jesus told the parable of the tares and the wheat, and he says the tares were sown by the enemy. Thus the tares are not meant to be saved, the tares are predestinated to be punished in hell fire. Jesus did not send the Disciples out to evangelize goats; He sent them to evangelize the lost sheep. The goats are unsavable. The sheep are savable.

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

Everyone believes in something.  By the sounds of your description, this person believes in them self, or a group of others that taught this person there is no God.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

There's no such thing as an atheist according to the Bible. Romans 1:20-21, “For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse. Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened." To believe in God one must conform to His will and plan for mankind. Athiest's would rather carry on in they way they feel comfortable, rather than obey God.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1

2 minutes ago, PromisesPromises! said:

I wonder "when they [athiests] knew God."

When people told them about Him, when they read about Him when they go about their business and see churches and other such things. I knew men who said they read the Bible and thought it was a book of fairy stories.

Paus stated this, "when they knew God," and Paul knew what he was talking about.

Romans 1: 21, Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 1/18/2019 at 9:49 AM, Wade8888 said:

Atheists only believe in what they can touch with their hands and see with their eyes. 

They can't accept a God who is beyond time, because if they posit the existence of God, then they would be consenting to God's rule over all reality and to God's morality. They cannot accept God's morality, so they substitute their own version of facts and their own version of morality.

Anyway, Jesus told the parable of the tares and the wheat, and he says the tares were sown by the enemy. Thus the tares are not meant to be saved, the tares are predestinated to be punished in hell fire. Jesus did not send the Disciples out to evangelize goats; He sent them to evangelize the lost sheep. The goats are unsavable. The sheep are savable.

Seems a mixing of tares, sheep,  goats,  wheat, dogs, gentiles and Jews.

Perhaps https://www.bereanbiblesociety.org/who-are-the-other-sheep/ will be of some interest.

15 minutes ago, PromisesPromises! said:

Of course Paul knew what he was talking about.  His words were inspired by the Holy Spirit.  

I guess I am just pondering how it is even possible for a person to "know" God and reject Him.  As you pointed out, some people read the Bible and think of it as a book of fairy tales.  Those people never consider God as real.  "Knowing" and "knowing about" are two different things. 

I am definitely not arguing with scripture; just thinking and wondering.  It seems to me that Paul's words indicate that at some point everyone has a chance to know the Creator, even without having been told "about" Him. 

God wants all men to be saved,

1 Tim. 2:3-4,  V.3, For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; 
 V.   4, Who will have all men be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

1 Tim. 2:6, Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

The ultimate reason unbelievers don't give their life to Christ isn't because of any excuse they give. It's because they love their sin more than they love God. It's hard for sinners to stop sleeping with their boyfriend or girlfriend, to give up their adulterous relationship, to be held to God's moral and righteous standards. The ultimate reason people don't give their lives to God is because they love the darkness more than they love the light; John 3:19, And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, PromisesPromises! said:

I wonder "when they [athiests] knew God."

Do you know how to fly on a jet?

Can you know how, and not have ever flown?

So, to "know" something, does not mean you have literal experience with it.

"well hello Jesus, we heard all about you, we even spent a lot of time arguing that you didn't exist............"Depart from me, i never knew YOU".

For unbelievers to "know God", means they understand, principally and intellectually, that there "must be" something "out there", but because their minds have been blinded, and because their pride KEEPS their mind's blinded.....................>.

There is also the fact that Jesus said that the reason that people know to come to Him, but won't, is because they love darkness rather then light., and they also understand that to leave sin, means to have it exposed AS sin, and they don't want to leave it, or have it exposed, or admit it.

So, all of this, and more is why a person can know all about "how to be saved", and why, and actually feel they could, and have a sort of lingering inner dread about "going to hell", yet, they will not come to the Light, even tho they know they should.

Also, this verse you quoted, is referring to the fact that creation itself proves the existence of God, and Atheists know it, have no excuse, and that is why they try to prove that it's not true.

Isn't it interesting, that....if you are arguing against something that isn't there........then why are you arguing?

Its because it is there, God is real, Christ is risen, .... and they know it......

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,571
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shabbat shalom, noblenut.

HAZARD is absolutely correct.

On 1/21/2019 at 3:47 PM, HAZARD said:

There's no such thing as an atheist according to the Bible. Romans 1:20-21, “For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse. Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened." To believe in God one must conform to His will and plan for mankind. Athiest's would rather carry on in they way they feel comfortable, rather than obey God.

There's no such thing as a real atheist, because they believe THEMSELVES to be God! Who else would believe that they know more than God does? They are really "EGOTHEISTS," to coin a word!

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

dear-atheist-if-you-do-not-believe-that-god-exists-14894982.png.24e5a48a32b5a04497298626a9e4c3ad.png

• This is Worthy 1