• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

On 1/21/2019 at 11:43 AM, PromisesPromises! said:

I wonder "when they [athiests] knew God."

We are all born with the knowledge that there is a God, ...however wisdom is how we use the knowledge we have:

Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.  For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Rom 1:19, 20  Selah

As a child, even though I was raised in a cult, I knew there was a God, however I didn't do anything with the knowledge I had for 37 years, ...until THE Light shined in my darkened spirit Ge 1:3.  Even though I was a successful General Contractor with money, land, many lovers, because of 37 years of pain, suffering, abuse, heartache, grief, finally resulting in mental health problems I used my wisdom gained from all of those years and started to seek God (there had to be something better than what the world could offer), started attending church, heard the Gospel preached in the Power of the Holy Spirit, believed it and received Jesus Christ as my Savior, then again after a few years, through the knowledge I had learned from the Word I used my wisdom and relinquished my authority in the ruling of my life (free will) and asked Him, gave to Him, the authority to be the Lord of/in my Life.   Praise the Lord, ...great things He has done!

I'm certain there are many here who can give the same testimony of God working in and through their lives.

However, those that reject the knowledge that has been given/planted, woven into the very fabric of their being by God from birth:

Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise (there's our word wisdom), they became fools, Rom 1:21, 22

No one can be against a particular thing/subject/movement, ...unless they know the Truth, i.e., 2+2=5, ...as has been already stated, there is no such thing as an atheist, they know there is a God, ...the just don't want to be responsible to Him and His morals.

Lord bless

• Praise God! 2

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

On 1/18/2019 at 2:03 AM, noblenut said:

i talked to an atheist the other day who didn't believe in God and that this life is it.  i felt great sorrow in my heart that a person can believe in nothing.  i find the concept of atheism hard to grasp because i know there is a God.  How is it possible not to believe in God and in nothing.  is there a biblical answer 

I don't know what the biblical answer is, off the top of my head, but I suspect such people are prideful and believe their atheism causes people to respect them more.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

On 1/22/2019 at 8:43 AM, PromisesPromises! said:

I wonder "when they [athiests] knew God."

The Apostle Paul said,

Romans 1:20-21,   V. 20, For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: 

V. 21, Because that, when they knew God they glorified Him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

On 1/18/2019 at 4:03 AM, noblenut said:

i talked to an atheist the other day who didn't believe in God and that this life is it.  i felt great sorrow in my heart that a person can believe in nothing.  i find the concept of atheism hard to grasp because i know there is a God.  How is it possible not to believe in God and in nothing.  is there a biblical answer 

Yes.  

If someone wanted Webster's definition,  where would they look ?   Webster's dictionary.

If someone wants Yahweh's Wisdom,  Yahweh's Answer, where would they look ?

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  463
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

On 1/18/2019 at 5:03 AM, noblenut said:

Atheists are spiritually dead, even as all of us once were. The biblical answer is that they be made alive unto God, even as we all have been.

That is accomplished by prayer for the unsaved, that they hear the gospel and believe in their heart and make confession with their mouth unto salvation.

If you speak to an atheist about God and they still don't believe, then you know that they need to hear the gospel from another Christian laboring in the field of souls.

The thing is, don't sorrow so much, but rather praise God because of (1 Tm.2:4) that the person will be saved but he/she just doesn't know it yet.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

On 1/18/2019 at 4:03 AM, noblenut said:

They don't believe in nothing. They believe in atheism with religious fervor.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

On 1/18/2019 at 2:03 AM, noblenut said:

Is not believing in God the same as believing in nothing?

What do you even mean when you say someone believes in nothing!?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  262
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

On 1/18/2019 at 5:03 AM, noblenut said:

It's not possible to believe in nothing.

To say if I claim that I believe in nothing, then I am claiming that I believe in my belief of believing nothing- therefore, I actually am believing something. We all must believe either a lie or truth. The only way to stop that is to keep your brain from being active to even realize you exist. Like passing out from a seizure or being in a coma. But it's funny, because Atheists do believe in something, even if they are claiming they don't believe anything. That's believing that you believe nothing, heh, which contradicts itself.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  11/05/1974

In my early 20's I was involved with an atheist. In fact we were engaged for a while. It isn't that he didn't believe in nothing. He had beliefs in other things. He just didn't believe in God. To him, he couldn't understand that there was a living God that truly loves him.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  3

For an Atheist, "opinion" is truth.

So, their opinion is their God.

Jesus said, "I am THE Truth".

An Atheist says...."my opinion is my truth".

When Pilate asked Jesus "what is truth" he was really just reflecting his opinion that truth is subjective, and not absolute.

An atheist believes exactly the same thing, as they do not accept that truth is a certain type of absolute (John 14:6) , but instead they believe that truth is fluid, subjective, ..... opinion.

An atheist does not want a boundary or any rules, they only want ......"do what you want, is the law"... or as the Satanic bible states it...>"Do what thou wilt, shall be the whole of the law".

The way an atheist tries to coat their conscience is to pretend it this way...>"well, as long as it does not hurt anyone, do what you want".

All of this rejects truth, rejects Christ, rejects authority, and instead elevates opinion and situation ethics, in place of truth.

Edited by Behold
  • Thumbs Up 1