• Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,772
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

8 hours ago, Glock said:

Why did Old Testament God focus on one nation instead of all His children?

The Old Testament was God preserving the lineage of which the Messiah would come.  So you see, how God went to extraordinary lengths to make sure the Savior of the World would keep the promises made to Abraham, Noah and David.  :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,772
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

8 hours ago, Glock said:

Why do “Christians” read the same book and have such different conclusions? Would God make things difficult/deceptive intentionally? (Matthew 16:18, Mark 4:11-12)

Honestly, I believe the enemy is at work and was at work even at the beginning of the church so the true message of the gospel would be distorted or confused.  This is an article that I wrote which explains how different people can come up with a different conclusion and yet BOTH be true.

I thought I would write a modern-day parable, using the Word to help illustrate a point. Obviously, the parable is fiction, but I am using it to explain a point.

Back in the days of Jesus, there were 3 blind men, each were healed by the Lord.

One man was healed, when the Lord went out and spit into some dirt and made mud and placed it on his eyes and told him to go to the pool of Siloam and wash himself. He went on to led a congregation called the Mudivians!

John 9:6-11  When he had thus spoken, he spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and he anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay,  And said unto him, Go, wash in the pool of Siloam,  He went his way therefore, and washed, and came seeing.  The neighbors therefore, and they which before had seen him that he was blind, said, Is not this he that sat and begged?  Some said, This is he: others said, He is like him: but he said, I am he.  Therefore said they unto him, How were thine eyes opened?  He answered and said, A man that is called Jesus made clay, and anointed mine eyes, and said unto me, Go to the pool of Siloam, and wash: and I went and washed, and I received sight.

One blind man was healed when the Lord spit into his eyes. He later went on to start a congregation called the Spit-tites.

Mark 8:22-25  And he cometh to Bethsaida; and they bring a blind man unto him, and besought him to touch him.  And he took the blind man by the hand, and led him out of the town; and when he had spit on his eyes, and put his hands upon him, he asked him if he saw ought.  And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking.  After that he put his hands again upon his eyes, and made him look up: and he was restored, and saw every man clearly.

One blind man was healed by a simple touch of the Lord. He later went on to start a congregation called the touchivians.

Matthew 9:27-29 And when Jesus departed thence, two blind men followed him, crying, and saying, Thou Son of David, have mercy on us.  And when he was come into the house, the blind men came to him: and Jesus saith unto them, Believe ye that I am able to do this? They said unto him, Yea, Lord.

Then touched he their eyes, saying, According to your faith be it unto you.

Now the years had passed and the three blind men were leading their respective congregations: Mudivians, Spit-tites, and the Touchivians. Each of these once blind men, claimed to know the way of being healed because each was healed by Jesus!

When these men got together, each refuted the other one, because of a very real event in their lives, and how they were healed by the Lord! Each contended that their way was the right way of being healed! They had forgotten, that their healing had not rested in the method of healing, but in the healer!

So it is in our days, we forget that the Lord cannot be contained in a box, or his methods are the same for every person! He created each of us, unique, and for each and every person that is brought into the Kingdom, there's a unique method the Lord uses -- but we all come into the Kingdom by the same way -- through Messiah who is the way, the truth, and the life!

So if you are a mudivian, a spit-tite, or a touchivian, remember the common bond that unites us as one! Don't lose site of the Lord -- and maintain your focus on HIM! For it's the Lord's desire --

John 17:20-21  Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;  That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

Let's not lose sight of the reason we are all here, for the hope of spreading the GOSPEL!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,157
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 4:37 AM, Glock said:

3) Why is it all so complicated? It seems like every time I study Christianity I just get more questions. Why did God require sacrifices (including his Son)? Why are Old Testament morals so different from my own? Why did Old Testament God focus on one nation instead of all His children? Why do “Christians” read the same book and have such different conclusions? Would God make things difficult/deceptive intentionally? (Matthew 16:18, Mark 4:11-12)

I have so many questions... it just seems like God would make it simpler, so people like me who truly want understanding could find it. 

What 'IS' in this creation 

Rom 1:20

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
KJV

I think you find your answer right here.... for if the creation truly reflects His Person as pointing to but not encompassing what would you expect to see? Knowing this: God says this about Himself, in His Word, for us glean in the substance of faith

Rom 11:33-36

33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

34 For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor?

35 Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again?

36 For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.
KJV

The debt began when we were or when in God's mind we were?… I've heard people say I didn't ask to be began~ which gave me great pause for they are using the very things they wished they didn't have and continuing to do so...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

3 hours ago, enoob57 said:

What 'IS' in this creation 

Rom 1:20

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
KJV

I think you find your answer right here.... for if the creation truly reflects His Person as pointing to but not encompassing what would you expect to see? Knowing this: God says this about Himself, in His Word, for us glean in the substance of faith

Rom 11:33-36

33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

34 For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor?

35 Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again?

36 For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.
KJV

The debt began when we were or when in God's mind we were?… I've heard people say I didn't ask to be began~ which gave me great pause for they are using the very things they wished they didn't have and continuing to do so...

about the question , why are  my morals so diffent that the morals of God .  For it was GOD who spoke His law .

The carnal mind is enmity with God and cannot be subject unto the things of GOD .

And lets not forget , the only condemnation one has if they reject Christ , because they love their sin and don't want it to be reproved .

The solution.   YE MUST be BORN again the flesh profits nothing .   How can a man receive knowledge , understanding , wisdom From GOD , if in heart that man rejects GOD .

He wont .  All he sees is confusion .   THE GOSPLE must be sounded on this thread .

HE MUST believe that GOD IS and that CHRIST is the only way to the Father .   He must believe as a child .   That JESUS is the savoir .

Until then only confusion of faces .   SO my advice is ,  RUN TO CHRIST ,  repent and believe or perish all who reject Him will .

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 1/18/2019 at 4:37 AM, Glock said:

I was raised in the church and never questioned any of it. Now that I’m grown, I struggle to maintain my faith. These are the things keeping me from peace. If anyone can help me find answers, I honestly want understanding.

1) Biblical errors - most biblical “errors” admittedly aren’t relevant. But some trouble me greatly. For example, who caused David to take a census? Was it God? (2 Samuel 24:1) or Satan? (1 Choronicals 21:1) this has huge implications if you continue to read the story. Many other “contradictions” exist where there are two accounts given of one event. One example of this is how Judas dies (Matthew 27:5 vs. Acts 1:18) 

Does the Bible speak all truth? If it doesn’t, how do we know the important parts are true? 

2) Prayer - I’ve researched prayer thoroughly. Studies largely show that it doesn’t help (I can provide details if necessary) I don’t care for the idea of scientifically evaluating prayer, so I rely on my personal experience. I’ve had my share of trouble in life. Everything from depression, to homelessness, to being mugged and robbed (twice) through it all I prayed continuously and I just never felt or saw any change. Even looking back to praying for salvation. I’ve done it repeatedly. Every time with the utmost of sincerity, and I never feel that “peace” people testify to. 

Does prayer have a significant effect? Should I feel different after the prayer of salvation?

3) Why is it all so complicated? It seems like every time I study Christianity I just get more questions. Why did God require sacrifices (including his Son)? Why are Old Testament morals so different from my own? Why did Old Testament God focus on one nation instead of all His children? Why do “Christians” read the same book and have such different conclusions? Would God make things difficult/deceptive intentionally? (Matthew 16:18, Mark 4:11-12)

I have so many questions... it just seems like God would make it simpler, so people like me who truly want understanding could find it. 

I really appreciate anyone who read all that. Sorry if I asked too many questions at once lol. Helping me find an answer to just one would mean allot. If you don’t feel like commenting, prayers are always appreciated! 

1. God is the great orchestrator. Who allowed Satan to do Job nearly in? Who actually did the dirty deeds?

2. Are you defining prayer as a supply and demand avenue of communication? Prayer can provide a closeness with God in a meditative / contemplative way, it can deepen our heart and understanding of God and our fellow man, and most often God puts things on our hearts to pray for affording us the opportunity to partner with him on behalf of others. Praying "gimme" is a waste of this spiritual opportunity. If you have a need God can and often will answer our prayers... but how much more so if you seek the the loving intercessory prayers of your fellow believers (and join in loving intercessory prayer yourself for others).

2a. the "prayer for salvation is a tradition of man addition to what the Bible teaches. Ephesians 2:8-10 echoes the fact that only belief in Jesus is crossing through the threshold of  salvation (see also John 16:27). Water Baptism, raising hands, walking down the aisle to the front, praying the sinner's prayer are all additions / traditions of men.

Mark 7:13  the traditions of man nullify the word of God.

3. This leads me to the final point and answer to your third question... confusion, conflict, and contradiction come from human tradition / man's interpretation of the scriptures and the doctrines that come of it.

If we begin with the fact that the Holy Spirit wrote the Bible and the Holy Spirit alone perfectly interprets the Bible (2 Peter 1:20-21) which we verify it's him (1 John 4:1 / 1 Thessalonians 5:21) by the scriptures themselves (Acts 17:11 / 2 Timothy 3:16-17) then we are blessed and freed by the actual truth and not what others merely say that it is.

• Loved it! 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,299
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

On 1/18/2019 at 10:37 AM, Glock said:

Biblical errors

Prayer

Why are Old Testament morals so different from my own? Why did Old Testament God focus on one nation instead of all His children?

Biblical 'errors' or contradictions, basicly there arn't any. A contradiction is when I say I arrived in a brand new car and you look out the window see a beat up old wreck.  But don't believe me look up contradictions on a site like 'coldcasechristianity' or 'CARM'

Prayer, is not a hotline to a sugar daddy who pays for what ever we want. It's talking to our Creator.

OT moral different, simple you are not living to please God, so things like loving God and loving your neighbour are irrelevent.

A question for you.

What do you make of Jesus's life, his death and his resurrection?

If Jesus rose from the dead he is not some 'good, moral teacher' but God.

If he is God you need to be in a relationship with him.