Christiangal

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Sometimes I can tell someone is intentionally going out of their  way to make me feel inferior. To make me feel ugly, less than , poor, insignificant. Because of my class, race, looks, etc.

It it makes me so mad and upset that they’re doing it on purpose and enjoying every second of my sadness and anger. 

I want want to get mad at them, not just for myself but on behalf of all people they treat that way. I want to put them in their place!  Who do they think they are?  They’re the ugly insignificant one!

But...what does Jesus want me to do? 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

35 minutes ago, Christiangal said:

I want want to get mad at them, not just for myself but on behalf of all people they treat that way. I want to put them in their place!

I think it is 'human nature' for you or anyone to feel this way. I know I have. I say this to make it clear that I understand where you are coming from.

Born again Christians are given a 'new nature' that wants to obey God. Which goes to war with the old nature & you get what is described in Romans 7. 

42 minutes ago, Christiangal said:

The answer is a hard one that comes straight from the words of Jesus.

But don't be discouraged. For it is possible through the strength of Christ.(Phil 4:13)

Jesus said in Luke 6:

26 “Woe to you when people speak well of you, for that is just how their fathers treated the false prophets!

27 Nevertheless, to you who are listening, what I say is this:

“Love your enemies!
    Do good to those who hate you,
28 bless those who curse you,
    pray for those who mistreat you.

29 “If someone hits you on one cheek,
    offer the other too;
if someone takes your coat,
    let him have your shirt as well.

30 “If someone asks you for something,
    give it to him;
if someone takes what belongs to you,
    don’t demand it back.

31 “Treat other people as you would like them to treat you. 32 What credit is it to you if you love only those who love you? Why, even sinners love those who love them. 33 What credit is it to you if you do good only to those who do good to you? Even sinners do that. 34 What credit is it to you if you lend only to those who you expect will pay you back? Even sinners lend to each other, expecting to be repaid in full. 35 But love your enemies, do good, and lend expecting nothing back! Your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High; for he is kind to the ungrateful and the wicked. 36 Show compassion, just as your Father shows compassion.

:)I do agree with OneLight's answer and excellent scriptures, by the way.

That is another helpful perspective on it that makes a lot of sense.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

I forgot to add we are meant to answer them back in a kind (soft) way.

"A gentle response diverts anger, but a harsh statement incites fury."

(Proverbs 15:1)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

Honestly? I have yet to get to a point where my initial reaction is calm and peaceful. I have a strong belief in civility, and when someone clearly has disregard for keeping things peaceful, well... I'm not very peaceful, lol.

That said, after the initial burst of anger, I come to realize that my getting upset is what they want. Most of them, it's laughable that they even care enough to stir up such trouble; that's some deep insecurity they've got there. Perhaps it's not good to put it in such a generalization, but people are pretty stupid, and that even includes me. An ability to think isn't worth much if you don't do it. When they seem pathetic for their attempts at getting at you, it doesn't really affect you much.

All I can say is, take a step back from the situation. Realize that getting upset is what they want, so don't give it to them. 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Thanks. That’s so hard to do. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

8 hours ago, Christiangal said:

realize that you were created by God himself within your mother....   you are unique and God loves you because you are yourself....     If other people don't understand that is no reason that you should let it bother you...   You are so special that Jesus came here for the purpose of covering your sins and is giving you an opportunity to spend eternity with him...   how special is that...

Don't let the short sightedness of others get you down for their assessment of you really doesn't matter....    don't base your self worth on others or you end up with them ruling over your life.....    and if they are treating you these ways it is not likely they will be spending eternity with you and Jesus.

I guess you could say not to stoop to their levels for you don't want to spend eternity with them in hell.

• Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,167
  • Content Per Day:  1.22

Hi Christsiangal;

Feeling for what you are saying, sometimes we get so hurt and we want justice .

But how we take on seeking justice is very important.

As Christians we should bring it to God in prayer, if we want to try and deal with it, we can bring it up with the person directly in a private manner, if that does not help, we can again bring it to God  and also bring it up privately to an authority who can try and mitigate the situation, but when you get as angry as the person trying to hurt you, they have won and have succeeded in making you fall in the flesh just like them  rather than acting in the spirit and overcoming them with Gods Word, Mercy, Grace and Love.

That is what happened to me this week in a post I replied to concerning people who where removed from this site I got angry reading the thread , for many reasons and my flesh instead of my spirit took over and I said words , that I later regretted through the spirit of God working in me, bringing me into conviction and regretting having wrote what i wrote.   Being convicted by the Lord, i felt awful inside and began to repent to God and ask for forgiveness and also felt led to do so in a public apology on this forum.

I only know to well how it can backfire on you (and should have know better) when you seek out to give back the same ammunition that was given to you. It does not work , especially for a christian soul seeking to be more and more Christ like and less and less of this world.

A good reminder for me this week,  was that everyday, in EVERYTHING, we as christian, we need to take on the full armor of God . 

Ephesians ch6

14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; 18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saint.

Something that if all member did , we would would all walk in peace.

Also asking God to give the sinner and grant him a time so that His spirit may be convicted of Gods Truth. It says this somewhere in the book of Romans.

(forgive them God for they do not know what they do).  Luke 23:24

Fighting anger with anger only feeds the enemy.

Gods Love is what disables hate.

When someone  knows how to stick an insult that is borderline  and we return it in kind, we have fallen to their level.

And from bad example we can copycat bad example if we don't have Godly christian examples to show us how to do better than the enemy. But thank god He has provided us good examples through His only begotten Son Christ Jesus,  and His Word.

Also pray for your enemies, that God may allow them a window of  Mercy & Grace so to allow their own spirits to be convicted into repentance to God.

God is loving and merciful and He will forgive the repentant heart. Forgive our sins as we forgive others their sins and let us not be driven into temptation but deliver us from evil.

If we can't forgive our brother, neither will God forgive us

Matthew 6:15

15 But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Learning and learning...

In Christ Jesus Always;

1to3

Edited by 1to3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

11 hours ago, OneLight said:

Anyone who tries to make someone feel inferior for any reason is only hiding deep inferiority complexes within themselves.  The only way they can feel better about themselves is by making others feel less than them.  Once you can realize and remember this, when it happens again, you will find you feel sorry for those doing this and not angry.  I often wonder what has happened to this person to make them so insecure and/or hateful.  Don't allow anyone to control how you feel about yourself. 

AMEN!   It took me a long time to learn to have compassion on a bullying person who was hateful and belittling of everyone.  He was trying to cover up his own hurt and insecurities.  First I learned to laugh at him because he was so much like Archie Bunker (who derided everybody).  Finally I felt sorry for him.  Like God does, I looked beyond his faults and saw his need.

Learn how God sees you.  He loves you so much He sent Jesus to die for your sins.  He doesn't see your outward appearance but looks at your heart.  Look at the cruel hearts of those who hate you and think about what God sees.  Then remember that it was while we were yet sinners that Christ died for us.  God sees their need.  Jesus came not for the righteous but for sinners.  

• This is Worthy 1

23 minutes ago, Willa said:

Learn how God sees you.  He loves you so much He sent Jesus to die for your sins.  He doesn't see your outward appearance but looks at your heart.

@Willa Thanks for taking the time to minister to the heart of the op. This is a message all of us need to be reminded of from time to time. It is comforting to remember God has perfect love that embraces as as we are (unlike humans.) After all, He designed us! :) So we are beautiful in His eyes.

24 minutes ago, Willa said:

Then remember that it was while we were yet sinners that Christ died for us.  God sees their need.  Jesus came not for the righteous but for sinners.  

This is another needed word of truth. As I posted earlier from Luke 6, we are told to pray for those who mistreat us. This is (imo) one of God's hardest commands.

I have a long way to go on this one, but since the question :"What would Jesus want me to do?" was asked, I felt convicted to answer straight out of scripture. I hope this is understood. My intention is not to 'preach at' but to "speak the truth in love.":8:

• Thumbs Up 1