• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

hello, all.

I will try to be a nice as possible, but some things cant be said without a little anger.

I am tired of the black community, attacking Christianity. (especially on other Christian blacks)

In recent years African Americans (some)  have come to the conclusion that they all came from Egypt and were past pharaohs.  I get it , you want to be apart of something great because of the past oppression (or current) , cool. But if you do just a little history search you will soon see most slaves came from the west coast of Africa, but sure, some Egyptians could have migrated to the west coast, ill let you have it.

But, to bodly say that other African Americans are lacking intelligence for being Christians, or that they should "wake up" is offensive. YES, slaves were forced to convert to Christianianity. YES they were beat, murdered raped, and countless other horrible acts to accomplish this. and I agree it was wrong and it hurts my heart. Because that's where the opposition comes from today, but that doesn't change the fact that Jesus Christ is the only way.  not your pineal gland, and certainly not King tut. I'm tired of being called a slave because I follow a "white jesus" if you think that, then we have to start from scratch.

Just in time for black history month.

(at work sorry for grammar issues kinda rushed lol)

Edited by Marandawont
wasnt done!
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 2

5 minutes ago, naominash said:

I agree.

Lecrae recently did something like that. That irritated me. 

Being black and not being a Democrat is very frustrating in America.

Idk what I am , I am a lost political millennial. but I am black, for sure.

And I can no longer get jiggy with Lecrae. he irritates me.

Edited by Marandawont
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

5 minutes ago, naominash said:

I hear you on the lost political millennials thing .

I respect conservatives more than liberals. But I don't trust either party enough to say I'm Republican. 

I just know that I don't subscribe to the "victim-oppression" narrative the media shoves down our throats.

lol, I feel like I have to make another post now. Good point. I will not be victimized, but I can still show empathy. God is so good.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

Have you seen the Black Israelites? In general, there seems to be multiple communities within the black community who enjoy taking historical societies or persons and claiming that they were not who or what they were, but in fact, were black. Shakespeare was actually a black woman named Amelia Bassano. Remember how the Mongolians would stack the skulls of their enemies outside of the cities they wished to attack, in order to strike fear into it's populace? Well, they forgot to mention how the Mongolians were black. Jesus was black, Buddha was black, even George Washington was dark of skin.

The "Egyptian" myth is probably the biggest one, though. For that matter, I don't think there's much to be proud of when it comes to ancient Egypt. Fascinating builders, sure, but they wore horse hair for wigs and shaved their eyebrows if their cats died. Not to mention how the Egyptians were SLAVERS and regarded anybody not like them as barbaric animals not worth regard. Totally not like early America or anything.

As for the point of the post, slavery is over. It has been over for years now. Nobody alive today was whipped into submission nor forced to work the field. Yes, racism is still a thing, but it must be regarded in a realistic way and handled in a realistic way. Claiming all white people are racist or that you are an Egyptian, Mongolian, or Jewish, isn't going to solve anything and in fact will only worsen it. Black people are capable of so much if only they stop seeing themselves as this weak, oppressed group that the racists want them to be. If you feel like you don't have anything to be proud of, then do something great.

Then, as for the left vs right debate, I feel like that's iffy. Race shouldn't define political alignment, nor does it. I'd throw that into the "doesn't solve anything/only stirs up more trouble" pile.

• This is Worthy 2

16 minutes ago, dr3032 said:

Have you seen the Black Israelites?

Yes, they used to be downtown in my city, no one liked them. Not even blacks.

I almost subscribed , but first I always do my own research before anything, but I couldn't get with them saying  black people being the lost tribe that God said would be in slavery for what 400+ , when clearly that already took place.

15 minutes ago, dr3032 said:

Have you seen the Black Israelites?

AGRRED, no one today. But most black Christians are Christians today because of colonialism on forced religion. This is the valid issue most blacks have an issue with today, and why they oppose Christianity as a whole, they link it with racism, is my point. And in a lot of ways it can be linked with racism, as well as murder (crusades). Doesn't change the fact that Christ is the only way  its people who are messed up.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

6 hours ago, Jostler said:

Something to consider.  I think we're missing something  important  when  we frame *anything* up as "blacks do (did) this...."  "Whites do (did) that...".   There is ONE place where race distinctions truly get wiped out and we're standing in it.  It's at the  foot of  the cross, where red is the only color that matters and was shed for all colors, UNDENIABLY granting equal value to every race and nationality.

People do (did) this or that because they're wittingly or not following  the wrong god and in need of  the Saviour.  Not because of their color  or ethnic group.

Truth indeed......there is only one race today— the Christ race.

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/02/2002

@Jostlerthanks for saying that!! The tone in the previous comments seems iffy 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  16

43 minutes ago, Kenzie said:

@Jostlerthanks for saying that!! The tone in the previous comments seems iffy 

*hugs* thanks for the encouragement  :)

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

Shalom Marandawont

I couldn't agree more with your opening post. I find it so sad when things like Black Israelites, Black Jesus and a Black God are pushed out there. For me, if you have to distinguish the colour of Messiah's skin in order to follow him, you've utterly missed the whole point!

I can understand the motive and thought behind it, counter-intuitive as it tends to be at times, but it is missing the whole point of  God's Word and the Messiah's Path entirely. 

Another similar confusion slowly starting to gain traction is that God is a woman. *facepalm

Love & Shalom