• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,770
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

As with all sins we are dealing with darkness not light... sin brings confusion which can alienate right thinking, feelings, self awareness etc.  It will be baby steps to lead them into the light of life with God. Prayed... Love, Steven

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0

There are times of discouragement. Times when I ask God if he would just take me home even that I have been saved 35 yrs. Of course I would not take my own life. The world has nothing for me because I have seen the  lie of ambition. Chasing golden rainbows. we look for security but there is no security the world can offer. There is nothing here of value. If I  was wealthy I will still die along with the poor man. So what is being wealthy that you have the good life and creature comforts. 

Jesus said "What prophets a man it he gain the whole world and loses his soul." 

The rich man had many barns but they still were not enough so he built bigger barns and thought he was ready to take his ease . The Angle of the Lord came that night and said you fool it is now time to take you soul. 

There is only one we live for and he came t give us life not for us to throw it away.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

an atheist requires an answer .   THEN give them the ONLY ANSWER their is .   JESUS IS the ONLY WAY , the TRUTH and the LIFE

and all else is death and the second death .    waste no time preaching wise philophies which make the cross of Christ of no effect .

THEY need to hear with total absolution and   total conviction that  JESUS  is the only way  .   FOR I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ .

IT is the POWER of GOD unto all who believe .    Might not sound cool in this day and age , BUT ITS TOTAL TRUTH and must get sounded from truly convicted hearts .

Edited by frienduff thaylorde
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

On 1/19/2019 at 10:59 AM, frienduff thaylorde said:

This is just a general reminder .    Since when does speaking scripture to anyone not appeal to this generation .

I mean folks act as though speaking scriptures to the lost is the same as cursing .    Yet how often did JESUS speak  SOUND DOCTRINE to all that had breath .

Every word He spoke , IS SOUND DOCTRINE and we should use His words in all cases .

But instead preachers who don't know HIM at all,   have for years taught us this wrong approach which Aint working .

Their reasoning was of men , for they said these people don't want to hear scripture .  

Truth is most don't .   But since when we do change the pure way of evangelizing with sound doctrine , to suit the ears of men who desire no truth .

To them it will be an offense .   And we cannot pander How we evangelize to their ears in hopes we can win them.  You wont .  at most you get only worse fish

and they teach even worse ways and soon , AS IN RIGHT NOW ,  it gets so bad that we even got churches saying ,   HEY don't say JESUS is the SON of GOD , because that OFFENDS .

Things just keep getting worse . And seeker friendly was a recipe for total destruction from its birth .   Let the SPIRIT lead and it will give you words .   Worry not about what to say

or not say .   SIMPLY follow CHRIST .

Exactly 

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, Marandawont said:

Exactly 

That's right Maranda .  as in Maranda don't buy no lies .  You just leap up and praise the LORD sister .

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  191
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

It says atheist on title. An atheist may have a chance not to go to hell if they call out to Jesus, even at last dying breath. it seems if a believer is hurting so bad that they can do that. not sure what would happen I would hope the best for a believer or non. Not condoning the actions just thoughts.

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  10/28/1956

All sin is a rebellion against God.  How can you choose which are one kind and another.  All sin is equal in God's eyes.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

On 1/18/2019 at 9:51 AM, Melinda12 said:

I have a great friend. Highly intelligentent and reasonable. I have good discussions with her. She asked something today that i need help to answer. 

What is the Biblical Christian view of suicide? What happens to the soul of a person who takes their own life? My friend says if christians  believe in a merciful loving God, how can it be that such a sad tormented soul could be punished for doing such a thing?  I do not know how to answer her as my understanding is limited on it. 

So point me please to actual Bible references please anyone then i can go back to her properly on this subject. 

Off the top of my head, I can't think of any biblical references regarding suicide. I, therefore, have to wonder if you, your friend, or I really are qualified to judge either the person who committed suicide, or the Lord, who will decide what to do about it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

Off the top of my head, I can't think of any biblical references regarding suicide. I, therefore, have to wonder if you, your friend, or I really are qualified to judge either the person who committed suicide, or the Lord, who will decide what to do about it.

God shows us how He deals with men OF SOUND MIND AND BODY who commit suicide, Judas for instance. he had the Holy Spirit and power like the other apostles, he was a successful preacher and healer like them (Matt. 10:1-20; Mark 6:7-13). He had his name written in Heaven, as proved by Acts 1:20 with Ps. 69:25-29. He fell from his apostleship by transgression (Acts 1:25).

Judas was sorry afterwards for his betrayal (Matt. 27:3-5). he could have been forgiven as much as any of the other apostles including Peter who cursed and denied Christ, and fled like cowards in the test. But being of a disposition to do so, he brooded over his fall and yielded to temptation to commit suicide.

Acts 1:16-25;

16, Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus.
    17, For he was numbered with us, and had obtained part of this ministry.
    18, Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out.
    19, And it was known unto all the dwellers at Jerusalem; insomuch as that field is called in their proper tongue, Aceldama, that is to say, The field of blood.
    20, For it is written in the book of Psalms, Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein: and his bishoprick let another take.
    21, Wherefore of these men which have companied with us all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us,
    22, Beginning from the baptism of John, unto that same day that he was taken up from us, must one be ordained to be a witness with us of his resurrection.
    23, And they appointed two, Joseph called Barsabas, who was surnamed Justus, and Matthias.
    24, And they prayed, and said, Thou, Lord, which knowest the hearts of all men, shew whether of these two thou hast chosen,
    25, That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place.

Jesus Himself acknowledged to the Father that those who the father had given Him, Judas was the only one whom He had lost (John 17:12). Christ could not have lost Judas if He never had him to lose.

Jesus further testified that to every one (including Judas) that the Father had given Him, He had given them eternal life (John 17:2).Judas had this eternal life as much as the others, but he became "lost" later and by "Transgression fell" (Acts 1:25).

Saul who was in God's grace and who had the Holy Spirit, lost that favour and was destroyed by sin. ( 1 Chron. 10:13-14). he committed suicide and must be lost for no murderer has eternal life (1 Sam. 28:7-25; 31:1-6; 1 John 3:15; Gal. 5:19-21). He went into spiritualism and God said He would cut off the man who did this (Lev. 19:31; 20:6; Deut. 18:11). he was a humble and Godly man to begin with, but he did not end this way (1 Sam. 10:21-24).

11 hours ago, HAZARD said:

God shows us how He deals with men OF SOUND MIND AND BODY who commit suicide, Judas for instance. he had the Holy Spirit and power like the other apostles, he was a successful preacher and healer like them (Matt. 10:1-20; Mark 6:7-13). He had his name written in Heaven, as proved by Acts 1:20 with Ps. 69:25-29. He fell from his apostleship by transgression (Acts 1:25).

Judas was sorry afterwards for his betrayal (Matt. 27:3-5). he could have been forgiven as much as any of the other apostles including Peter who cursed and denied Christ, and fled like cowards in the test. But being of a disposition to do so, he brooded over his fall and yielded to temptation to commit suicide.

Acts 1:16-25;

16, Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus.
    17, For he was numbered with us, and had obtained part of this ministry.
    18, Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out.
    19, And it was known unto all the dwellers at Jerusalem; insomuch as that field is called in their proper tongue, Aceldama, that is to say, The field of blood.
    20, For it is written in the book of Psalms, Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein: and his bishoprick let another take.
    21, Wherefore of these men which have companied with us all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us,
    22, Beginning from the baptism of John, unto that same day that he was taken up from us, must one be ordained to be a witness with us of his resurrection.
    23, And they appointed two, Joseph called Barsabas, who was surnamed Justus, and Matthias.
    24, And they prayed, and said, Thou, Lord, which knowest the hearts of all men, shew whether of these two thou hast chosen,
    25, That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place.

Jesus Himself acknowledged to the Father that those who the father had given Him, Judas was the only one whom He had lost (John 17:12). Christ could not have lost Judas if He never had him to lose.

Jesus further testified that to every one (including Judas) that the Father had given Him, He had given them eternal life (John 17:2).Judas had this eternal life as much as the others, but he became "lost" later and by "Transgression fell" (Acts 1:25).

Saul who was in God's grace and who had the Holy Spirit, lost that favour and was destroyed by sin. ( 1 Chron. 10:13-14). he committed suicide and must be lost for no murderer has eternal life (1 Sam. 28:7-25; 31:1-6; 1 John 3:15; Gal. 5:19-21). He went into spiritualism and God said He would cut off the man who did this (Lev. 19:31; 20:6; Deut. 18:11). he was a humble and Godly man to begin with, but he did not end this way (1 Sam. 10:21-24).

Sorry i don't understand that last section about Saul and John? Please explain.