• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

Oh Old Testament Saul! 

But which John in Galatians? What happened to him? 

What?

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

On 1/19/2019 at 2:43 PM, lightmyway said:

A lot of people in the church in todays society (the latter times) are flocking to the mainstream idea that depression is a biological disease of the brain and therefore not a sin to suicide. Being told it’s not them it’s those pesky imbalance’s exuses people from personal responsibility. God calls murder a sin. God calls homosexual activity a sin and so on. I believe people who are depressed need spiritual help as well as talk therapy as they have most likely been oppressed by misfortunes in life abuse or told a loser ect. Old scratch loves playing on these issues too.

I don't know how the early Ekklesia (first century, as in ACTS, etc) avoided depression,  only that it is written that they all were continually (daily) FULL OF JOY, PEACE

AND

RIGHTEOUSNESS....

just try to find that today !     

(oh, as written, whoever seeks, and keeps seeking (trusting the Father in heaven),

WILL FIND .....

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 1:20 PM, Jayne said:

I hate it that people believe that suicide sends you to hell.  Their basis is that you die with unrepentant sin.

Well, we ALL die with unrepentant sin.  There's no way on earth to confess every single sin you've committed.  No way.  No how.  Not even conceivable.

Suicide is a grievous sin and hurts so many.  But if Jesus Christ did not die for all of our sins, then he died for none.

Sometimes, what is frightening to me is that people ask this question because THEY are contemplating suicide and they want spiritual permission.  I've seen that at least a dozen times.

John says just a couple of verses past John 3:16 that "Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God."  This means to me that yes, even suicide is forgiven.  But a Christian must be so cautious not to take this verse to mean that they can sin willy-nilly and it's alright.  One who believes that is more than likely not saved.

Paul says in Romans 8 that he is confident that nothing can separate us [Christians] from the love of God that includes "life nor death".  Death would include suicide.

Suicide does not mean automatic hell.

Yet, importantly, suicide nor any other sinful behavior is NOT an option for the Christian.  No Christian should want to meet God after taking their own life.  They would be forgiven, yes.  But it isn't not the way for Christians.

I don't believe I would want put it to the test. We rely upon fleshly human reasoning. No one knows the mind of God except the Son. We are in no position to be judges.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,777
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

5 hours ago, Tampered With said:

God does not punish anyone! Let's get that clear up front. God took on flesh, dwelled on the earth, suffered as each person does, was tempted as each person is, was rejected by the majority of mankind, had His flesh ripped off His back and took on the sins of all mankind that will ever be born as a sin offering to cover the sins of everyone. I for one do not presuppose to judge another's soul condition. I know what is required for my own salvation as it is set forth in scripture. Our Loving God has made a way for all to have everlasting life; only by us rejecting His gift do we condemn ourselves. The Evil One wants us to reject God and His Salvation. It is up to us to choose. God wants us to choose Him but He will not FORCE us as he wants us to choose Him willingly. The loving God argument is a false argument trying to put the blame on God when it's each individuals choice. God knows our hearts and does not look upon the outward things of man as we do. 

Matthew 7:21-23 King James Version (KJV)

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Some who stand in high places in religious denominations and proclaim their religious pioty, preach the bible and the word of God yet lack a true understanding or have ever gained a personal knowledge or accepted Jesus sacrifice and asked Him to be their personal savior cleansing  them of their sins. Mere actions (works), words, or even casting out devils by the power of Jesus name will NOT save you. Jesus Himself says that unless you come to and through Him; He does not know you and with out that you are not saved from damnation. Going to Church, being  a high ranking Church member will not save you! Salvation only comes one way.

King James Version
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

I have seen men die in the most horrific ways you can imagine. Can I blame them if in their agony they choose to end their suffering? I pray for God to look into their hearts and see them for the men they were and not as the torment flawed humans of flesh at their last. We all can be broken for we are all but flesh and blood. May God have mercy upon our souls. 

I was reading your post and I said this is really good this brother he figures something out...

We are punished in this earth, from too many sources, but Jesus is not leading the way, he is there waiting to comfort the one being punished and perhaps make someone get less punishment but getting him a sympathetic ear and a good lawyer...but they also need to do their part to their own be benefit and others....

Any way people forget the devil and evil vengeful people and put everything on Jesus...

Sometimes we are punished with cause and some times unfairly...

People feed their minds, if this man does not go to Hell then who is...they demand his punishment to be Hell...

They don't considered the principal of faith...