• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,188
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

We read in scripture;

John 15:11 (NASB)
"These things I have spoken to you so that My joy may be in you, and [that] your joy may be made full.

Christ’s joy, we are told should be “in us”. This is  for the purpose that no outside thing can upset or diminish it, or steal it from us. But sadly this is not the experience in far to many moments of our life’s. There can be only one reason, seeing how God never changes, the issue must be on our side. Seeing how our will’s are the leader in our live’s. For it is a truth that we can only have that which our will’s will allow into us. We are the “chooser’s” when it comes to our walks with God. Through the use of our will’s to make good or bad choices, His joy, which is suppose to abide,  comes and goes.  

Seeing how God has made all provisions for His children, His joy being one of the gifts He has given us. If we are not receiving or in possession of this joy that He said should be full. The issue would have to be a wrong use of our will’s. Scripture says God has given us all things that pertain to life and Godliness. If we are not living in this “life and Godliness” it can only be that we don’t choose it. We may not  be aware that by choosing something different we are choosing something other than Christ as our lives. But that doesn’t change the natural outcome of the choices we make. Which would be the lack of His joy. 

Scriptures says; 

1 Chronicles 16:27 (NASB)
Splendor and majesty are before Him, Strength and joy are in His place.

Strength and joy are in His place. But only to be found where He says they are to be found. Which is “in His place”.  What is this place. It is this place that He has made all provisions for us, in things that pertain to life and Godliness. Godliness is just another word for righteousness. It is walking and doing what is right in His eyes, is that that causes His joy, which becomes our joy, by the fact it is in us,  to abide. 

We as Christians have all tasted of the Joy of the Lord. And we know by experience just how good, proper and right it is. This Joy that we have tasted is that that should and can abide in us, never to become less. The only thing that causes it to become less is “us”. And the use of our will’s to take our eyes and the eyes of our hearts off of Christ, and onto some set of circumstances that can be labeled as something other than Christ. 

Nehemiah 8:10 (NASB)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Do not be grieved, for the joy of the LORD is your strength."

“do not be grieved”

Because of this or that situation. Or for the fact that things didn’t work out for you the way you would have had them. For the joy of the Lord is there for you. As something separate from you, that you can access by a simple right use of your will. But this joy,  will only be chosen when it becomes of more importance and of more value than whatever would occupy the heart that could be called “other.”

For as those that are much beloved by Him. His joy is always ready at hand for all those that by the simple act of their will’s choose it. 

Oh that our will’s would always choose His joy rather than the other. 

Blessings, 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

• Group:  Royal Member

1 minute ago, naominash said:

When it's right with me and God, the joy comes.

Now is one of those times. My circumstances have not changed. But I see God as big and my problems as smaller now.

God is always to be rejoiced in because there's so many good things about Him that are always true!

“When it’s right with me and God the joy comes”

You have tasted and seen, that the Lord, He is good, (by experience.)

Experience is always the best teacher. Now you are in possession of this truth. It will never leave you, and you can never lose it.

Blessings, 

7 minutes ago, naominash said:

Do you like Christian rap music?

If not, look up Shai Linne- Taste and See anyway.

You're welcome.

I speak neither good or bad. Only if there is food for the heart that would be fed. 

Blessings, 

Just now, naominash said:

It is a good song that feeds and encourages my love of God

I’m glad. When I get some time I’ll give him a look/see.

He that plants and he that waters will both receive their reward. 

Anything that points to Christ and causes growth in the hearer is that that God has blessed. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/23/1986

To seek the virtue of Joy is a good thing. Often times we give in to the passion of anger or any other amd fall into dispondancy. However, joy/contentnessbis most assuredlybto be strived for.

19 minutes ago, Philitus said:

To seek the virtue of Joy is a good thing. Often times we give in to the passion of anger or any other amd fall into dispondancy. However, joy/contentnessbis most assuredlybto be strived for.

To seek for joy apart from Christ, is like seeking for good apart from God. For there is one joy as there is one good. 

Blessings, 

Edited by Not me

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/23/1986

3 minutes ago, Not me said:

To seek for joy apart from Christ, is like seeking for good apart from God. For there is one joy as there is one good. 

Blessings, 

This is a Christian forum, I assumed that was a given.

To add to my statement, seeking to be content in all, thanking God for both the bad and the good for such things produces much in Christian fruit. 

1 minute ago, Philitus said:

This is a Christian forum, I assumed that was a given.

To add to my statement, seeking to be content in all, thanking God for both the bad and the good for such things produces much in Christian fruit. 

Blessings,