• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/12/1975

16 hours ago, nigh said:

Could you explain more of what you mean please? 

You depart from God instead of evil, you said you run from Him and push Him away, because you are angry with Him and not fearing Him.  At least you understand your prideful and full of self righteousness, you got that right, you think you could do better at this salvation thing than God, that's why your angry with Him.  Your wise in your own eyes because you don't fear God, it's very common, your all turned around, you need to understand what sin has made you, God is against you for thinking the way you have, on the verge of destroying you, fear Him while you still can and repent(turn from your sin). 

Romans 11:22 (KJV)
22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

Edited by StJoek
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  873
  • Content Per Day:  0.46

On 1/18/2019 at 3:23 PM, nigh said:

It feels impossible.

It is impossible . . . on our own. But >

"The things which are impossible with men are possible with God." (in Luke 18:27)

"'Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.'" (Matthew 11:28-30)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  269
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

So much great advice. It really does help to have fellow believers to confide in - "fellowship" is touched on so often in the NT for this very reason.

Obedience is often misinterpreted as legalism. Look into the OT and study how God interacted with the Jews and see that the sacrifices covered their sins, and yet God still required their obedience or else they were punished. They had faith and a method of forgiveness for their sins in the temple system. God was very patient and never stopped loving - even when bringing judgment down upon them.

Today, we have faith in Jesus for the forgiveness of our sins. We are no longer judged by the Law and so freed from it. However, just like the OT times, God requires more from us than just believing in Him. We are not free to go about doing whatever we want because of that freedom. That would be a False faith - I hope everyone would agree (but you would be surprised). Belief or faith does "save" us. But it is "obedience" that brings us (Heb. 5:9) "eternal salvation" - again, just like the Jews in the OT. This is where the "issues" come into play that causes great debates. Most of the NT speaks of "works" that should match our "faith". This is NOT talking about obedience to the Law, but rather obedience to the commands of Jesus. He spoke often about the heart and how we must love God and love one another. 

All that said, I get a sudden insight that maybe you are 'seeking' salvation and expecting God to just hand it over when instead you need to be seeking God. The Bible is the closest link to God we have, and intense study and continuous reading along with constant prayer will bring you closer to God. And, also give you the answers that you seek.

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 1/18/2019 at 8:10 PM, nigh said:

I’ve been running from God. I thought I was seeking salvation, but I think I was trying to keep Him at arm’s length so I wouldn’t lose Him but wouldn’t have to truly go to Him. I’ve been angry with Him, and I’ve hardened my heart against the gospel. I don’t feel conviction of sin as much as I used to. I must be extremely prideful and self-righteous because I get angry with a God for not saving me when I keep pushing Him away. I have lost sight of what I even need—I think I’ve been so focused on the moment of salvation that I’ve forgotten about being reconciled to God if that makes any sense.

Please help me. I really feel like I am about to go over the edge here—give up or become so angry with God that I can’t see past it at all or something. 

Your question and the answer is one and the same. It seems you know what to do, and the issue at hand. Good luck. God bless.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  84
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

On 7/12/2020 at 9:30 AM, Prycejosh1987 said:

Your question and the answer is one and the same. It seems you know what to do, and the issue at hand. Good luck. God bless.

Hi, would you mind explaining what you mean?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

On 1/18/2019 at 9:10 PM, nigh said:

I’ve been running from God. I thought I was seeking salvation, but I think I was trying to keep Him at arm’s length so I wouldn’t lose Him but wouldn’t have to truly go to Him. I’ve been angry with Him, and I’ve hardened my heart against the gospel. I don’t feel conviction of sin as much as I used to. I must be extremely prideful and self-righteous because I get angry with a God for not saving me when I keep pushing Him away. I have lost sight of what I even need—I think I’ve been so focused on the moment of salvation that I’ve forgotten about being reconciled to God if that makes any sense.

Please help me. I really feel like I am about to go over the edge here—give up or become so angry with God that I can’t see past it at all or something. 

Hi Nigh,

Your post is from a long time ago. But I see you are still active. I wonder whether things have changed in the meantime?
Reading your original post, I would like to ask you:"What is the Gospel for you?" It is so important to get the Gospel right first.

Looking forward to your reply.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  84
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

On 7/14/2020 at 2:04 PM, Wesley L said:

Hi Nigh,

Your post is from a long time ago. But I see you are still active. I wonder whether things have changed in the meantime?
Reading your original post, I would like to ask you:"What is the Gospel for you?" It is so important to get the Gospel right first.

Looking forward to your reply.

Hi Wesley, thanks for checking on me. I'm going to send you a PM in response.