• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,207
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

EVERY blood moon in the past has been observed on a Jewish holiday.   In terms of judgment, this combination of signs in the heavens and scripture is worthy of consideration.

On January 20/21 a super blood wolf moon was observed.   Is it an accident that this happened almost exactly on the date of the Jewish holiday of Tu B'Shvat?

The Jewish holiday in question is a celebration of the New Year of trees.   Apart from an appreciation of God's leafy creations, it also signifies new life.

Does judgment always have to imply destruction and death and horror?  Does not Christ often say that He came to bring life and to bring it abundantly?  If so, then the holiday of Tu B'Shvat is significant for our troubled times.   The renewal of a promise, sealed by a sign in the heavens, may be given for hope's sake.

We can certainly use a bit of that, don't you agree?

that's me, hollering from the choir loft... 

Edited by choir loft

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,103
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 1/21/2019 at 7:14 AM, choir loft said:

EVERY blood moon in the past has been observed on a Jewish holiday. 

not true, not even close.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  16

I don't mean to poo-pooh the idea of God using the  moon to signify and point to prophetic events.  But Israel follows a lunar  calendar which  means that the first of every month is a new moon, which is the only  time a solar eclipse can manifest astronomically.   Many Jewish feasts begin on the first of the month so many feasts will coincide with new moons regardless of whether they're signs or not.

Because full moons always occur in the middle of the month, another set of Jewish feasts will always be occurring during the only time lunar eclipses can happen astronomically.  It's quite natural for there to be a high level of coincidence between Jewish feasts and lunar events.

I know God DOES set signs in the sun, moon and stars because He said He  would and even mentioned that they were for 'signs' at creation.  But we need some discernment to separate what  events are signs and which are just normal astronomical motions.

Edited by Jostler
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  1

On 1/21/2019 at 4:14 AM, choir loft said:

EVERY blood moon in the past has been observed on a Jewish holiday.   In terms of judgment, this combination of signs in the heavens and scripture is worthy of consideration.

Please forgive me, but I don't understand all of this hype about following the stars and planets, when I was in the world, before Christ, we called that Astrology.

Personally, what I see is when there is a so called "blood moon" it's the end of the world.

The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come. Joel 2:31

And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;  And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind. And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.  Rev 6:12-14

What I see in the prophecy is the sun ceases to shine, stars falling to earth, there is no longer a heaven, and what is very important to me because I live on a tiny island in the middle of a very large ocean, ...mountains and island are moved out of their places of which we are/have both!

Since there have been so many in the past I consider it just another spectacle our Father has given us to enjoy like the aurora borealis, there are so many more signs that Jesus spoke of happening today to grab our attention.  Luke 21:28

Lord bless

22 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

Please forgive me, but I don't understand all of this hype about following the stars and planets, when I was in the world, before Christ, we called that Astrology.

Personally, what I see is when there is a so called "blood moon" it's the end of the world.

The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come. Joel 2:31

And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;  And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind. And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.  Rev 6:12-14

What I see in the prophecy is the sun ceases to shine, stars falling to earth, there is no longer a heaven, and what is very important to me because I live on a tiny island in the middle of a very large ocean, ...mountains and island are moved out of their places of which we are/have both!

Since there have been so many in the past I consider it just another spectacle our Father has given us to enjoy like the aurora borealis, there are so many more signs that Jesus spoke of happening today to grab our attention.  Luke 21:28

Lord bless

References to wonders in the heavens apply to End Times eschatology.  They are given to man in the form of signposts - indicators of unfolding events from God.

Followers of astrology tend to organize their lives according to astral positions.  The difference between the two is that Biblical references are like signposts, while astrologers use these things as guidance.   A Christian follows God and receives assurances in the heavens or in signs upon the earth, while an astrologer may not necessarily follow God's guidance at all - choosing instead to decide for themselves what is good or bad.  The Bible calls this sort of thing sin, because it does not rely upon divine guidance.

The aurora borealis is not listed as one of the signs of the Bible, but because it has been rather intense in recent years it too is an indicator of changing environmental factors in the sky and upon the earth.   

Not everything is a TV show.   God's creation speaks to us in ways that glorify Him and encourage us.  

Ever heard of the Christian zodiac?  Certain signs and alignments of planets and stars indicate the various periods of divine revelation upon the earth including the coming of the Son of Man.  These signs and wonders coincide with Biblical prophetic events.

It is well to be aware of such things even if the study of them doesn't interest you.   Why?  Because a terrible and foreign demonic ideology is sweeping across the globe even as we argue over these things.  That ideology uses aberrant eschatology to persuade Christians to follow their doctrine and abandon traditional Christian faith.  The ideology even suggests Jesus will return to earth to preach doctrines of demons and to approve of the murder of Christians and Jews.

Do not dismiss everything that is strange to you.  Very soon someone will come along preaching familiar buzz words and slight variations of familiar religious slogans to deceive many.  It is already upon us and many have already abandoned the faith because of it.  A certain popular 'Christian' music group sings heretical words and stages performances with occult significance.  They use religious slogans familiar to Christians to deceive.  I cannot name this group without being banned from this site.  Apparently it is better to support such groups with indifference than to point to them and say this is who you are...

It isn't about the color of the moon as much as its about the nature of the times in which we live.   Despotism and spiritual darkness are knocking at the door right now - and the stars in the sky, which have not had such alignments in hundreds and thousands of years, combine to tell us to be wary.

Edited by choir loft

10 hours ago, choir loft said:

References to wonders in the heavens apply to End Times eschatology.  They are given to man in the form of signposts - indicators of unfolding events from God.

Please understand, in this cold, sterile, unemotional world of cyber space, what I’m going to say in all humility is with a concerned heart and the love of Christ for the brothers and sisters, …I hope you take it that way.

In accepting or rejecting extra Biblical materials or information I have found this verse in Isaiah 8:20 to be my tool for judging their relevance and/or importance.

To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no Light in them. 

Having said that, although I use Bullinger’s Numbers in Scripture, Great Cloud of Witnesses and his Bible Commentary, I don’t find any reference for Believers to look to the stars for guidance, …hence his Witness of the Stars was/is not Holy Spirit inspired and is not something I can find Divine inspiration inside, …interesting conjecture, but not, Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, And light unto my path.  Psa 119:105

All of this hype about the Blood Moon is just a scam to sell books and make money, …how many times have they been wrong and people are still buying into the false teaching and buying there books. 

The Truth in the Word of God, in both the Old and New Testaments, teaches there will be only ONE blood moon, it is during the 70th week of Daniel’s prophecy and it comes AFTER the Sun becomes dark, not before, …hopefully all can see the charlatanism in this blood moon hoax and no longer be deceived by it’s false teachers.

Again:

To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no Light in them. Isa 8:20

Concerning the signs in the heavens spoken of by Jesus, may I suggest an excellent book, Eye To Eye by Koenig, he has researched all of the natural disasters in the last century that have struck the different counties that coincide with them trying to divide the Land of Israel for the Two State solution, and by the way, you in America, be forewarned/prepared for the Deal of the Century that will be presented in April…

Lord Bless  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 9:14 AM, JustPassingThru said:

Lord bless

in agreeing with you.....     just a note the sun turning black and the moon looking like blood can not be simple eclipses.  they can't happen at the same time.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, other one said:

just a note the sun turning black and the moon looking like blood can not be simple eclipses.  they can't happen at the same time.

Right on Bro, ...My point was the Sun is affected first and not the Moon, which has never accompanied a so called blood moon!

Here's the verse in Joel 2:31:

The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of Jehovah cometh. 

In the Hebrew the words into and not there as in the English, so it literally reads: ...Sun turned darkness, ...moon blood, ...and blood means blood 359 times in the Old Testament, ...so, since it's in the future we'll have to wait and see how it plays out on that giant flat screen in Heaven.

Lord bless 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  16

5 hours ago, Abdicate said:

I don't want to poo poo on you either, but this is not possible. A new moon is unseen and is declared when a sliver becomes visible; a "blood moon" if 100% full and in the shadow of the earth.

well well you are so right :)  I'm surprised you didn't notice i have solar eclipses associated with the wrong point in the lunar cycle as well.  I reckon I must have carelessly inverted them and failed to proofread.  I'll go fix the original post and thanks for bringing the error to my attention

Edited by Jostler

13 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

Please understand, in this cold, sterile, unemotional world of cyber space, what I’m going to say in all humility is with a concerned heart and the love of Christ for the brothers and sisters, …I hope you take it that way.

In accepting or rejecting extra Biblical materials or information I have found this verse in Isaiah 8:20 to be my tool for judging their relevance and/or importance.

To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no Light in them. 

Having said that, although I use Bullinger’s Numbers in Scripture, Great Cloud of Witnesses and his Bible Commentary, I don’t find any reference for Believers to look to the stars for guidance, …hence his Witness of the Stars was/is not Holy Spirit inspired and is not something I can find Divine inspiration inside, …interesting conjecture, but not, Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, And light unto my path.  Psa 119:105

All of this hype about the Blood Moon is just a scam to sell books and make money, …how many times have they been wrong and people are still buying into the false teaching and buying there books. 

The Truth in the Word of God, in both the Old and New Testaments, teaches there will be only ONE blood moon, it is during the 70th week of Daniel’s prophecy and it comes AFTER the Sun becomes dark, not before, …hopefully all can see the charlatanism in this blood moon hoax and no longer be deceived by it’s false teachers.

Again:

To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no Light in them. Isa 8:20

Concerning the signs in the heavens spoken of by Jesus, may I suggest an excellent book, Eye To Eye by Koenig, he has researched all of the natural disasters in the last century that have struck the different counties that coincide with them trying to divide the Land of Israel for the Two State solution, and by the way, you in America, be forewarned/prepared for the Deal of the Century that will be presented in April…

Lord Bless  

First, I'm unclear as to your references for April.   There are a number of political events scheduled for that month including a meeting between Putin, Erdogan and Rouhani regarding the Syrian issue.  Few in America know of the wheeling and dealing being done on the issue because we're all focused on the political circus in Washington.  Our politicians are presently acting like sunburned scorpions obsessed with stinging themselves to death.  There will be a meeting of the Arab League later in the month as well as a meeting of Latin American nations regarding corruption in democratic governments (an exercise in futility since US interests fuel most of the corruption as well as removal of those governments, democratic or not, that oppose its economic hegemony).   There are many other important political events as well.  Which of these are you referring to?

All the talk of blood moons confuses the issue of Christian eschatology.   I'm not an astronomer and cannot be 100% accurate in anything I assert, however I'd be willing to bet nearly 100% of those who participate in these forums aren't astronomers either.   Is Mr. Koenig a professional astronomer or just another Christian snake oil salesman?  Everyone has their favorites don't they? 

The best attitude, I think, is to keep a wary eye on the heavens as well as on the earth.   Americans, of all the people on earth, are poorest in this regard being force fed a diet of political sewage, intellectual smokescreens, racist finger pointing, obsession with celebrities, spiritual bovine excrement and a general attitude of confusion surrounding everything else.  We can't agree on anything including appropriate ways to disagree.  We are a nation lost.  

We are lost because we've turned our back on God.  

To paraphrase Ray Bradbury, a noted writer of the last century as well as a Russian newspaper, something wicked has come our way and we have no idea what's happening to us.

.....and so we watch the skies for blood moons shiny auroras at night and flying saucers at all times.......

because our fantasies have become more real to us than the insanity we live in....

So you go ahead and put Mr. Koenig's book up there with your Bible and ignore everything else.   Why not?  That's what everybody else is doing.

Edited by choir loft