• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,810
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

4 hours ago, Called Out One said:

Personally, It does not make sense to me that Jude would have quoted from the Book of Enoch if, in fact, it were heresy as some claim.  Particularly in light of the fact the whole point behind his letter was to warn us against those who infiltrate the church and undermine it. 

Here's my question that I always have.  What's the definitive proof that Jude quoted Enoch?  Jude does not say, "Enoch said", or "it is written" or any other reference.  

What if Jude and Enoch both took their quote from oral tradition?  It's very possible. In fact, there are the exact same odds.  The book of Enoch was not written by the Enoch of the Old Testament.  So, someone had to keep the real Enoch's words going to from multiple generations to multiple generations across the millennia.  Why do people believe Jude's only resource was the book of Enoch?

As for the "claims" of the book being heretical....here are the facts.  I've read all three books of Enoch by multiple authors.

• In Enoch 10 it says the prior to the Flood that God told Michael the archangel to "cleanse" the world corruption, sin, and crime and all people would praise him [God] and adore him and worship him.  The Bible says otherwise.  The Bible says that only Jesus' blood can cleanse from sin and that mankind was no different after the Flood than before it. Genesis 6 and then 8 say the same thing about mankind.
  • Enoch also says that sin was brought into the world by a fallen angel who taught mankind all kinds of sin.  The Bible says that sin was brought into the world by Adam.
  • Enoch says that during the tribulation that the Enoch of old says that there will be no mercy or opportunity for salvation for sinners.  The book of Revelations says that many, many people will be saved during that time.

I'll stop there as people who understand the book of Enoch to be false already understand and people who believe the books won't listen.

I'll say what I always say.  If you believe the book of Enoch - which contains the grossest error of any non-canonical book I've read [I've read at least 8-10] - please, please read it again with the Bible alongside and see which book contains the truth.

Yes, there is great irony that people believe Jude to be quoting Enoch and at the same time Jude writing about false teachers.

All I can say is that the devil is crafty and heresy began very early.

It's not that Enoch supplements the Bible with extra facts not in the Bible.

It's that the authors of the books of Enoch blatantly distort the facts of the Bible into lies and teach heresy.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,143
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

39 minutes ago, Jayne said:

Here's my question that I always have.  What's the definitive proof that Jude quoted Enoch?  Jude does not say, "Enoch said", or "it is written" or any other reference.  

What if Jude and Enoch both took their quote from oral tradition?  It's very possible. In fact, there are the exact same odds.  The book of Enoch was not written by the Enoch of the Old Testament.  So, someone had to keep the real Enoch's words going to from multiple generations to multiple generations across the millennia.  Why do people believe Jude's only resource was the book of Enoch?

As for the "claims" of the book being heretical....here are the facts.  I've read all three books of Enoch by multiple authors.

• In Enoch 10 it says the prior to the Flood that God told Michael the archangel to "cleanse" the world corruption, sin, and crime and all people would praise him [God] and adore him and worship him.  The Bible says otherwise.  The Bible says that only Jesus' blood can cleanse from sin and that mankind was no different after the Flood than before it. Genesis 6 and then 8 say the same thing about mankind.
  • Enoch also says that sin was brought into the world by a fallen angel who taught mankind all kinds of sin.  The Bible says that sin was brought into the world by Adam.
  • Enoch says that during the tribulation that the Enoch of old says that there will be no mercy or opportunity for salvation for sinners.  The book of Revelations says that many, many people will be saved during that time.

I'll stop there as people who understand the book of Enoch to be false already understand and people who believe the books won't listen.

I'll say what I always say.  If you believe the book of Enoch - which contains the grossest error of any non-canonical book I've read [I've read at least 8-10] - please, please read it again with the Bible alongside and see which book contains the truth.

Yes, there is great irony that people believe Jude to be quoting Enoch and at the same time Jude writing about false teachers.

All I can say is that the devil is crafty and heresy began very early.

It's not that Enoch supplements the Bible with extra facts not in the Bible.

It's that the authors of the books of Enoch blatantly distort the facts of the Bible into lies and teach heresy.

People don't seem to know that the error is just once for it not to be of God....

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,073
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

2 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

People don't seem to know that the error is just once for it not to be of God....

does that go for the Bible also???

7 minutes ago, other one said:

does that go for the Bible also???

It goes for anything of God …. He holds no error and for those who claim there are errors in His Word I believe we will be shown there are not by God.... The Scripture is His and the non-resolved areas where we cannot answer for now will be resolved to the glory of God.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

I can't help but wonder what kind of influence the book would have if it were in the cannon.

Would we be distracted with what was written in it.

What really are the different areas of heaven?..... what about the studies of the different angels and what they did here on earth?....

In the whole scheme of things obviously God himself did not inspire it to be in the cannon, if He wanted it in there it would have been. I think that has to be foremost in our thinking.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

38 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

It goes for anything of God …. He holds no error and for those who claim there are errors in His Word I believe we will be shown there are not by God.... The Scripture is His and the non-resolved areas where we cannot answer for now will be resolved to the glory of God.

Yep :thumbsup:

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,810
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, enoob57 said:

That's the truth.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,073
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

49 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

with the translation problems in most of our Bibles, I think that is a dangerous status to take.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

1 hour ago, enoob57 said:

Have you ever took a look at the measurements given of the laver in the temple. 

33 minutes ago, ENOCH2010 said:

Have you ever took a look at the measurements given of the laver in the temple. 

yes I have actually read a great deal about unresolved contradictions found within God's Word and a great many are shown to be not in conflict the one's that remain I am suspect to the inability of contextualization as who and what frame of measure in case and point...