• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.10
  • Days Won:  4

18 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, iamlamad.

I'll be honest with you: I never have trusted someone who says they have "heard God's voice and His words." I believe that God speaks to us through His Word and through His Ruwach haQodesh (His Holy Spirit) within us, not verbally or audibly.

My father, a Baptist minister, used to warn people against "hearing voices," citing examples of demonic influence. He used to tell us of his efforts against a demon-possessed man who told of the voices telling him to do certain things and how that, one day, he couldn't find his keys. When my dad asked where he last saw his keys, he said they were floating across the room and crashed into the wall. That's where they found his keys, on the floor beneath a damaged wall!

Another minister told us of a man who was possessed with MANY demons and he kept rocking back and forth saying, "Jesus is the center. Jesus is the center....." When asked what their names were, he learned that the coordinating demon in this man was named "Jesus." The name is NOT unique, nor is it "off-limits!"

My point is that a voice, claiming to be God, that speaks audibly to a person may be counterfeited! It is NOT a conclusive argument. ANY voice that speaks to a person should be verified to be EXACTLY conformable to the Scriptures! If something said doesn't match with the Bible, it's not the Bible that's wrong, y'know!

HaSatan and his minions are always attempting to deceive by mimicking God. Thus, such deception must always be suspected and guarded against, regardless how real it seems or how "spiritual" it feels!

The "time, times, and half a time" is the second half of the 70th Seven, but it is NOT a "tribulation."

I guess then you simply do not believe John:

My sheep hear My voice, and I know them and they follow Me.

There are numerous times in the book of Acts that God spoke. 
What God said to me matches PERFECTLY with the scriptures: however, it may not match someone's theory of what scriptures say. 

Perhaps, since you have never heard His voice, and since you BYPASSED Jesus' instructions in Acts chapter 1, you can learn something. When God speaks, His voice comes from inside our spirit man. If someone prays in the spirit, His voices comes from exactly the same place the prayers in the Spirit come from.  People can learn to listen in that same place for His voice. 

When demons speak, they must speak from the outside.  

I will tell you other words He spoke:  "Every time I mentioned an event that would start at the midpoint and go to the end of the week, I always included the 3 1/2 year period of time. When you find the mentions of the 3 1/2 years, you will be very close to the exact midpoint." 

Therefore EVERY mention of the 3.5 years, whether given in days, months or times, is for the last half of the week and WILL BE days of great tribulation. Therefore you are wrong yet again. Perhaps you need to hear from heaven.
Edited by iamlamad

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,543
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

1 hour ago, Shilohsfoal said:

Because you know him.

Like i said,he nearly quoted the bible word for word.

Shalom, Shilohsfoal.

Read the updated version of my last post, please.

Sorry, but THAT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,680
  • Content Per Day:  2.42

40 minutes ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, Shilohsfoal.

Read the updated version of my last post, please.

Sorry, but THAT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

Sorry its not good enough for you.

Jesus said it so its good enough for me.

https://biblehub.com/kjv/john/10-5.htm

Maybe you should spend some time reading the gospel.

https://biblehub.com/kjv/john/10-5.htm

After all,if you knew the gospel you would have known the verse iamlamad nearly quoted.

Edited by Shilohsfoal

42 minutes ago, iamlamad said:

I guess then you simply do not believe John:

My sheep hear My voice, and I know them and they follow Me.

Shalom, iamlamad.

Well, I believe Yochanan who RECORDED what you quoted, and I believe Yeshua` who SAID what you quoted; HOWEVER, CONTEXT makes a BIG difference!

John 10:22-42 (KJV)

22 And it was at Jerusalem the feast of the dedication (Chanukah), and it was winter. 23 And Jesus walked in the temple in Solomon's porch. 24 Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him,

"How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ (the Messiah), tell us plainly."

25 Jesus answered them,

"I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me. 26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. 27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. 30 I and my Father are one."

31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. 32 Jesus answered them,

"Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?"

33 The Jews answered him, saying,

"For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God."

34 Jesus answered them,

"Is it not written in your law, 'I said, Ye are gods?' (Psalm 82:6) 35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; 36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God? 37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not. 38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him."

39 Therefore they sought again to take him: but he escaped out of their hand, 40 And went away again beyond Jordan into the place where John at first baptized; and there he abode. 41 And many resorted unto him, and said,

"John did no miracle: but all things that John spake of this man were true."

42 And many believed on him there.

42 minutes ago, iamlamad said:
There are numerous times in the book of Acts that God spoke. 
What God said to me matches PERFECTLY with the scriptures: however, it may not match someone's theory of what scriptures say. 

Perhaps, since you have never heard His voice, and since you BYPASSED Jesus' instructions in Acts chapter 1, you can learn something. When God speaks, His voice comes from inside our spirit man. If someone prays in the spirit, His voices comes from exactly the same place the prayers in the Spirit come from.  People can learn to listen in that same place for His voice. 

When demons speak, they must speak from the outside.

I will tell you other words He spoke:  "Every time I mentioned an event that would start at the midpoint and go to the end of the week, I always included the 3 1/2 year period of time. When you find the mentions of the 3 1/2 years, you will be very close to the exact midpoint." 

Therefore EVERY mention of the 3.5 years, whether given in days, months or times, is for the last half of the week and WILL BE days of great tribulation. Therefore you are wrong yet again. Perhaps you need to hear from heaven.

Perhaps, ... or perhaps not. See, I don't want build all my belief-system upon "personal revelations of the Lord!" It must be something that is applicable to ALL, not just to those who have been given the "secret formula!" Get it? My gut reaction to all this rhetoric which can neither be proved nor unproved is that GOD DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY! Why would there be a "Bible" at all, if that's how He prefers to work?

Sorry, but God didn't "wire" me that way.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/20/2019 at 9:37 PM, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, iamlamad.

Well, I believe Yochanan who RECORDED what you quoted, and I believe Yeshua` who SAID what you quoted; HOWEVER, CONTEXT makes a BIG difference!

John 10:22-42 (KJV)

22 And it was at Jerusalem the feast of the dedication (Chanukah), and it was winter. 23 And Jesus walked in the temple in Solomon's porch. 24 Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him,

"How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ (the Messiah), tell us plainly."

25 Jesus answered them,

"I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me. 26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. 27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. 30 I and my Father are one."

31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. 32 Jesus answered them,

"Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?"

33 The Jews answered him, saying,

"For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God."

34 Jesus answered them,

"Is it not written in your law, 'I said, Ye are gods?' (Psalm 82:6) 35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; 36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God? 37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not. 38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him."

39 Therefore they sought again to take him: but he escaped out of their hand, 40 And went away again beyond Jordan into the place where John at first baptized; and there he abode. 41 And many resorted unto him, and said,

"John did no miracle: but all things that John spake of this man were true."

42 And many believed on him there.

Perhaps, ... or perhaps not. See, I don't want build all my belief-system upon "personal revelations of the Lord!" It must be something that is applicable to ALL, not just to those who have been given the "secret formula!" Get it? My gut reaction to all this rhetoric which can neither be proved nor unproved is that GOD DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY! Why would there be a "Bible" at all, if that's how He prefers to work?

Sorry, but God didn't "wire" me that way.

I guess you have just conveniently forgotten the book of Acts! God spoke time and again in the early church.  Here are some examples:

Then the Spirit said unto Philip, “Go near and join thyself to this chariot.”

While Peter thought on the vision, the Spirit said unto him, “Behold, three men seek thee.

And the Spirit bade me go with them, doubting nothing. Moreover these six brethren accompanied me, and we entered into the man’s house.

And one of them named Agabus stood up, and signified by the Spirit that there would be a great dearth throughout all the world, which came to pass in the days of Claudius Caesar.

OF COURSE the "more sure word of prophecy" is the written word, but if anyone asks in faith for His intent in some verse, He will answer.  When someone says "God said..." we then check it with the written word. 

9 hours ago, iamlamad said:

I guess you have just conveniently forgotten the book of Acts! God spoke time and again in the early church.  Here are some examples:

Then the Spirit said unto Philip, “Go near and join thyself to this chariot.”

While Peter thought on the vision, the Spirit said unto him, “Behold, three men seek thee.

And the Spirit bade me go with them, doubting nothing. Moreover these six brethren accompanied me, and we entered into the man’s house.

And one of them named Agabus stood up, and signified by the Spirit that there would be a great dearth throughout all the world, which came to pass in the days of Claudius Caesar.

OF COURSE the "more sure word of prophecy" is the written word, but if anyone asks in faith for His intent in some verse, He will answer.  When someone says "God said..." we then check it with the written word. 

Shalom, iamlamad.

And, with a grain of salt! As far as the Spirit talking to someone, you do NOT know that it was an AUDIBLE voice or if He was simply LEADING that person!

23 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, iamlamad.

And, with a grain of salt! As far as the Spirit talking to someone, you do NOT know that it was an AUDIBLE voice or if He was simply LEADING that person!

I guess you did not read this in Acts. 9:

And he fell to the earth and heard a voice saying unto him, “Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou Me?”

And he said, “Who art Thou, Lord?” And the Lord said, “I am Jesus whom thou persecutest; it is hard for thee to kick against the goads.”

And he, trembling and astonished, said, “Lord, what wilt Thou have me to do?” And the Lord said unto him, “Arise and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.”

And the men who journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice but seeing no man.

Did you forget what Jesus said - that "my sheep HEAR my voice...?" It should not be strange that we HEAR His voice - what should be strange is that so many DON'T hear His voice. 

Edited by iamlamad

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

6 minutes ago, iamlamad said:

It should not be strange that we HEAR His voice - what should be strange is that so many DON'T hear His voice. 

It is not strange to Ekklesia that Ekklesia , His sheep, hear His Voice,  as written - totally in line with all Scripture.

It is totally strange to the world.  They cannot comprehend hearing Him.

It is not strange either, that so many (most all the world) DON'T hear His Voice....

That is how it has always been.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

On 1/23/2019 at 9:21 AM, o0lBobl0o said:

I feel my understanding of the word of God and knowledge of events of the past gives me a certain insight into the immediate future as I'm sure most of you feel the same. I don't claim to know if Trump will get a second term, but I do think the country and the world at large will turn back left by 2024. Islam will rise in strength and vote in Sharia law in most of Europe by 2030. Holy war will begin at around 2040. Islam will rule the world by probably 2050. I'd say Christ should put his feet on the ground at around 2060.

Islam is the beast, the Kaaba stone is the image of the beast, and I don't have a clue who the anti christ is.

I'm not saying I'm a prophet or anything. I'm just saying it's that time and any person should be able to see it if you look around you. I know there will be another accusation made against Trump. I know the news is going to fake another story. I don't think anybody will care. They will win in the end. Jesus will have to come and save us again.

So to sum up, Jesus 2, man 0.

I wonder what the rest of you think? I'd like to hear your summery of our future if you would care to share it. Try to be as specific as possible.

This looks like all presumption not from God's Word and not supported by what's written in God's Word and not supported by really anything today.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/24/2019 at 9:45 PM, simplejeff said:

This looks like all presumption not from God's Word and not supported by what's written in God's Word and not supported by really anything today.

I'm sure most of you feel that way, but I disagree. In fact I feel the same way about most of the posts I've seen in this thread, until now I have had decency to not say it out loud.

I feel like anyone who doesn't give some guess, calculation, revelation, or God sent prophecy of how they feel the future in 10 or 20 or 30 years will look they are getting off subject. 11 pages down and I haven't seen a lot of that.

I think the great falling away has happened/is happening. I think that signals us to know that the man of sin will soon be revealed. I think while we all hold hands and assure ourselves of peace and safety sudden destruction waits just ahead.