IGNORED

WorthyNews:New York Legalizes Abortion Up to Baby's Birth Day on Anniversary of Roe v. Wade

WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.47
  • Content Count:  44,299
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

(Worthy News) - New York legislators cheered and applauded Tuesday night after the state Senate removed restrictions on late-term abortions, allowing unborn babies to be aborted up until the day of birth.

The Reproductive Health Act passed with a 38-28 vote and was signed into law by New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D).

"Today we are taking a giant step forward in the hard-fought battle to ensure a woman's right to make her own decisions about her own personal health, including the ability to access an abortion," Gov. Cuomo said. [ Source: CBN News (Read More...) ]

The post New York Legalizes Abortion Up to Baby's Birth Day on Anniversary of Roe v. Wade appeared first on Worthy Christian News.

View the full article

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

The state of mind of not being able to see the evilness of this is sad. I'm being kind with my words but my heart breaks for the state of this country and the coming judgement that is inevitable. The percentage of therapeutic abortions with rape or incest situations is around one. Yet when arguments are waged for abortion hypotheticals using rape or incest are presented. But killing an infant on their birth date? That is pure confusion and indoctrinated irrational thinking gone mad. "Save mother earth, sacrifice your young." That's not progressing, it's barbaric. Taking the "throw the virgin into the volcano" to a whole new level and we've been doing it legally for almost 50 years.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

The thought of sacrificing the life of a child for personal pleasure breaks my heart.  Those children have a special place for them with God.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

I'm waiting for the couple of Democrats who regularly  post here on Worthy to give us their thoughts on this abomination, because their horrific party owns it.

Owns it.

I have the feeling we're in for a long wait ...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,164
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

5 hours ago, John Robinson said:

I'm waiting for the couple of Democrats who regularly  post here on Worthy to give us their thoughts on this abomination, because their horrific party owns it.

Owns it.

Ah, yes . . . so far all I hear is crickets . . . 

Guest PinkBelt
19 hours ago, walla299 said:

Ah, yes . . . so far all I hear is crickets . . . 

Well I voted Democrat since 2008 so I'll take a swing:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/23/health/new-york-abortion-measures-trnd/index.html

The part being left out is after 24 weeks it has to be because the fetus is not viable or to protect the life of the mother. People really have to start doing their fact checking.

Unless a person is consistently pro-life, meaning against abortion, the death penalty, gun culture, cutting medical access and food to the poor and so on I take outrage at abortion with a grain of salt.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

On 1/24/2019 at 3:42 PM, John Robinson said:

Owns it.

Well PinBelt said everything I was going to say. All I can do is add this link:  https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/new-york-abortions-birth/  

Which shows that the Worth News did indeed leave out the information about the health of the mother is threatened or the fetus is not viable. And replaced it with, "allowing unborn babies to be aborted up until the day of birth."  

That's all I really have to say about it at this time.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  04/20/1980

Dear community,

since I'm not a U.S. citizen, I won't say anything concerning the rights and wrongs of this law.

I just want to take a look at the journalistic quality of linked CBN article.

1. There's a severe misrepresentation of the facts, in my opinion, when it comes to fetal viability as treated by that law.

This CBN article did not mention that the law would enable women to have a third trimester abortion in case of an absence of fetal viability.

Instead, CBN speaks of "[...] clearly viable human lives who could otherwise survive outside the womb. "

To my knowledge, cases such as anencephalic babies that cannot survive do exist.

The bill says:

there is an absence of fetal viability, or at any time when necessary to protect a patient's life or health.

2. In the article, supporters of the law get a chance to be cited at only one occasion, the rest is what pro-life advocates have to say.

3. When the stance of the supporters is described, they remain nameless, sourceless and, on top, their stance is not represented correctly.

Contrary to what the bill says, which is to "protect life or health", CBN claims that supporters allegedly "say those late-term abortions are being allowed in order to protect the lives of women, " without mentioning the protection of the woman's health.

I think, it is the strawman fallacy that CBN is guilty of describing the supporter's stance. Since they didn't name a supporter, I just looked up what the CRR had to say about it. They also say it is "to protect women's health and lives".

DISCLAIMER: I do not support anything the CRR has to say about abortion. This was to give one example of alleged supporters, and I knew their site already.

My Conclusion:

CBN misrepresented this law they are talking about, misrepresented the stance of the supporters of it and didn't mention who they were. Moreover, the supporters of the law get a chance to speak in two sentences only. So, this is a horrible example of Christian political journalism, I think, as this article is totally misleading. Jesus will have to pay the price for it. It is His name affected by this kind of media coverage, as CBN sadly include His name in their's.

Furthermore, I find it disturbing that some Christians want that Christians speak up politically even more often (see postings in this thread, for instance). Do we want more of this?

Just as an aside:

To the best of my knowledge, cases in which the physical health of the mother is at risk due to pregnancy related reasons are rare. This is one such case: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TysiÄ…c_v_Poland.

Normally, as seen from my German perspective, third trimester abortions occur due to mental health risks related to the pregnancy.

Regards,

Thomas

Edited by thomas t
I exchanged "in one sentece" for "in two sentences"

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,772
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129